Black vests + Black sleeves = WHY!?

BadSeed84

Observations:

A-They wouldn't be as bad if they didn't have the shoulder piping. That just kills them

B-Where the heck is the purple?

C-What in the heck is the point of wearing a vest with the same color undershirt?

D-The only acceptable vest colors are white and whatever road color (gray, khaki, etc).

VmWIn6B.png

Observations:

A-They wouldn't be as bad if they didn't have the shoulder piping. That just kills them

B-Where the heck is the purple?

C-What in the heck is the point of wearing a vest with the same color undershirt?

D-The only acceptable vest colors are white and whatever road color (gray, khaki, etc).

B - The purple is in the team name (inbetween the silver words/numbers and the white outline) and in the middle of the two white stripes on the shoulders.

C - Because they like them.

D - To you, maybe, but they like the black on the black, so it's acceptable to them.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

along with most of colorado, i love these. They also wear them with purple sleeves sometimes that look really good also. But eh, your just not used to them yet. LOL

Most of Colorado? I've never met anybody else who actually likes those black vests.

IUe6Hvh.png

along with most of colorado, i love these. They also wear them with purple sleeves sometimes that look really good also. But eh, your just not used to them yet. LOL

Most of Colorado? I've never met anybody else who actually likes those black vests.

I'm here in CO...and I don't like 'em.

I agree - what's the point of a vest if you wear the same color undershirt?

Don't make no sense.

I've actually always wondered why this wasn't done MORE. One of the biggest reasons given for the sleeveless look is the comfort and range factor. So, this is basically just as iff they have a black alternate jerseys, but wanted the comfort that a sleeveless jersey gives. Of course, that's somewhat shot down with the shoulder piping, but still...

I think it looks pretty good actually, anyways. The purple sleeves I'm iffy on.

A team named Rockies should emphasize purple when purple is one of the colors.

Black would make sense for the Black Hills, but not the Rockies. Black just doesn't make sense.

Go more purple, Colorado. Please.

I say, drop the armhole piping and bring back the purple undershirts. I really like that look.

I'd also like to resume my lobbying for something I've wanted since day one of PNC Park: Pirates black alt vests with yellow undershirts. Sure would beat the crap out of their current pointless pinstripes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think I just posted this in another thread, but I like the purple undershirts much better. However, after seeing this pic again, I realized that my argument in favor of the black-purple combo is often "the Rockies are a recent expansion team, so I think they deserve a pass for uniform experimentation." However, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't take the same angle on this black-black monstrosity.

So I am now in favor of them trying this. I think it's pointless, I think it's terrible compared to black-over-purple (which isn't perfect either), but there must be a reason they've never brought back the black-purple combo. Maybe it was outrage in Colorado.

So why not? MLB can't all be blue-and-red, I guess.

(And I always thought "rojo" meant red in Spanish... but I did a little quick non-scientific research -- i.e. Google -- and what do you know? Colorado does mean red, too, apparently.)

I always thoguht for some reason the ROckies' vests looks... off (especially this one). I don't know why exactly, but it just loooks like a basketball jersey to me. Maybe it's the piping.

Random thought.

Colorado is Spanish for "red".

It is kinda funny to see "Colorado" on black jerseys.

I thought red was "rojo."

EDIT: Never mind, brought up. I'm guessing Colorado means "reddish"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived