new Uni watch

Bearcats

Promising example of anti-Nike backlash: According to a news report (forwarded by reader Brian Fisher), Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy "drew a big roar [from a gathering of fans] when he said the funky font on the uniforms would change just as soon as Nike contract issues are worked out, and the applause was even bigger when Gundy said he would return players' names to the backs of jerseys. 'I'm easy to work with,' Gundy said. 'I'd like to get uniforms that have letters you can read, numbers you can read.'"

Take that, Nike!

Anyone here have an idea when velcro was first added to batting gloves? I remember batting glove as a kid, and they only came in small-medium-large. I don't even think they had snaps on them to be able to put them on easier. By the time I finished my Little League career in 1986, I think they had velcro, but I'm not sure.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Theres something cool about that logo

I agree. I like the fact the tiger looks absolutely crazed and a bit scary. Dilated pupils and all.

If the Tigers' Swinging Tiger logo can be revived, isn't it about time for the old Oriole to make a comeback, too? No more of this half-hearted odd placements here and there, bring the guy back! A marked improvement over the script-over-diamond bore of a logo they have now.

"Tim Laciny reports major tongue-wagging in St. Louis over Jim Edmonds' cropped undershirt (sometimes referred to as a "halfshirt"), which many Cards fans consider to be a bit on the metrosexual side. Someone even asked Edmonds about it when he recently did a Web chat session. Edmonds' reply: "Half of our team wears a halfshirt under their jersey, including #5, #27, and #26. You should try it someday and wear it under your McDonald's uniform." Not the nicest thing to say to a fan, but you've gotta like a guy who refers to his teammates by uni number."

I think this is a prank from this forum.

http://www.insidestl.com/board/viewforum.php?f=2

The thread that it was in appears to have been deleted, it won't work in my history folder any more.

The other Q&A responses were so ridiculous that you really couldn't believe them. For example, one answer was "That's a gay question. Are you gay?"

1zgyd8w.jpg

That chat was done on the message board of a forum that is for a St. Louis radio show. The radio show is by sports analysts who also have a little bit of shock jock to them (but nothing too shock...they just like to goof around.) Edmonds frequently appears on that show.

I think Edmonds probably did do that chat, but I believe one of the hosts typed his answers...so they might have been..ya know..edited by the host. It's also possible Edmonds just felt he could be loose and have fun with the listeners of that show.

Some of his harsher responses were quite fitting considering the questions he was asked.

That chat was done on the message board of a forum that is for a St. Louis radio show. The radio show is by sports analysts who also have a little bit of shock jock to them (but nothing too shock...they just like to goof around.) Edmonds frequently appears on that show.

I think Edmonds probably did do that chat, but I believe one of the hosts typed his answers...so they might have been..ya know..edited by the host. It's also possible Edmonds just felt he could be loose and have fun with the listeners of that show.

Some of his harsher responses were quite fitting considering the questions he was asked.

Makes sense.

If it was Kyle Farnsworth that said that, I'd believe it straight up.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived