Top 100 worst draft choices ever-any sport

brinkeguthrie

its funny cause the picture they have for alexandre diagle isn't daigle at all its stephane vellieux. Why is ESPN so stupid sometimes?

There are many, many more examples of that my friend.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

73. through 56. The first 18 picks of the 1983 baseball draft

It was probably the worst baseball draft ever -- of the first 17 picks, only the No. 1 pick (Tim Belcher, who didn't even sign with the Twins), the No. 2 pick (Kurt Stillwell)....

Stillwell is darn good in Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on SNES :D .

Good to see Charles Rogers made the list. 14 games over 3 seasons is just downright ridiculous. I think Ki-Jana Carter and Curtis Enis should've been higher on the list.

Ki-Jana could get hurt just brushing his teeth.

I was at the press conference they held @ Spinney Field a few days after the game. Everyone was in shock. For such a hard luck franchise to get nailed like that---their top choice getting a massive injury on his FIRST PRESEASON CARRY..it was not pretty site.

Where's the Bills 1980 draft debacle?

First overall pick, 1980. The Bills select Tim Cousineau, LB.

He opts to play in the CFL never suiting up for the Bills. Only in Buffalo...

Actually it was Tom Cousineau but yeah other than that...

He did have a couple decent years with the Browns.

BB52Big.jpg

I was really impressed by that ESPN article. Of course, poor Sam Bowie gets the chump crown again -- when in fact it should go to Portland management. But that's another story.

The thing that I thought was really cool was their pick for #17: LaRue Martin, Portland Trail Blazers (No. 1, 1972). I'm surprised anyone outside of the Rose City remembered what a bust he was. Really, they could've lumped him together with Sidney Wicks, another underacheiver from the long line the Blazers have had.

Finally, I'm proud to say that I have more than one autograph in my collection from ESPN's pick #53. What a bust THAT dude was!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I don't agree with Joey being a flop. It's more like a poor guy getting thrown into one crappy hurricane that is the Detroit Lions. He has talent, we just needs to be in an atmosphere that won't be so hostile.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived