Most poorly designed logo in sports

brooksdiamond

From the world of hockey

I wouldn't necessarily agree with all his picks--but there are some horrid things there.

Especially-

Austin Mavericks, Anaheim BullFrogs, Buffalo Stampede, Vancouver Voodoo, Carolina Thunderbirds, Cincinnati Cyclones, Calgary Radz, Kingston Raiders, New York Slapshots, Pittsburgh Hornets, and Victoria Salsa.

And there are more of them there...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've gone this far on this thread and NOBODY'S mentioned any ABA logos yet? Or have they reached a suckage level beyond that of mere mortals?

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

We've gone this far on this thread and NOBODY'S mentioned any ABA logos yet? Or have they reached a suckage level beyond that of mere mortals?

Anything with a Red-White-and-Blue basketball in it.  :P
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

From the world of hockey

I wouldn't necessarily agree with all his picks--but there are some horrid things there.

Especially-

Austin Mavericks, Anaheim BullFrogs, Buffalo Stampede, Vancouver Voodoo, Carolina Thunderbirds, Cincinnati Cyclones, Calgary Radz, Kingston Raiders, New York Slapshots, Pittsburgh Hornets, and Victoria Salsa.

And there are more of them there...

Good lord, the NCAA would be in a tizzy over that Denver Invaders logo.

deninv64.gif

I wonder why the awful logos tend to be used by hockey teams. Do they commission Eric Lindros to come up with these things?

A hockey puck just isn't as iconic as a basketball, football, or homeplate. Also they have more room to fill so they can't get away with just having an italic letter like a lot of baseball teams use. So for some reason hockey teams have just decided to anthropomorphise their mascot and have it hold a hockey stick.

I didn't mention any ABA logos because they're in a catagory of their own, the bizarro world

of logos. Someone mentioned the XFL. I don't think those logos were bad at all. The Maniax

was strange, but the Chicago Enforcers, LA Xtreme and Orlando Rage I thought were pretty

good. The Orlando Rage was the best depiction of rage I've ever seen in a logo. The Enforcers

looked really good on a helmet. Fits the name too.

Wait, there is a logo that is not necessarily one of the worst of all time, but to me it makes no sense. And it does not look that creative along with the list of grievances. Have a look at the rejuvenated Richmond Renegades new logo. You can see it at www.rrenegades.com/

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

TOLEDO_mil1hcp43gsgihbotyki.gif

Still the undefeated, undisputed champ among teams that have actually played a game.

The Canton Ice Patrol holds the overall title though.

[im from toledo] GO STORM, GO STORM

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

CharlotteBobcats_PL.jpg

This is hands down the worst. THIS IS AN NBA TEAM!!! Most of these logos are old before the invention of computer art or they aren't professional teams or they are the product of not staying with the times and getting dated. This logo is only a few years old!! I have clothes older than this that are still in fashion, this is TERRIBLE!

This looks like something I did in Illustrator 3 back in college when I had no idea what the word "vector" meant and I could only lay shapes over other shapes!! Plus that outline is awful!!!

What's with his teeth? What's with the cheesey lightning shapes on his face? I know someone pointed out it is supposed to represent Carolina, but at what cost? Does that explain the other flaws? It's bad enough they have the Panthers and that weird egyptian cat logo (which atleast was made in the early '90's), they made a worse logo. And where does the Orange and blue come from and what does that have to do with cats? Why are there all of these dark colors with no complimentary colors? Aren't we better than this? It looks like a bad fake TV logo like the Orlando Breakers from the show "Coach" or something from an Oliver Stone movie.

And Serpentine (which is always terrible) on the top of the logo, with a competing Cavalier font for the main word "Bobcats"..... who does this?!?! What is this? Amatuer hour? If you were a man I would punch you... Bush league

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!!!

I used to think it was just poor until just now when you totally deconstructed it and explained how bad it is. Wow. It is a mess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

CharlotteBobcats_PL.jpg

Cavalier! Of course!

I hate when I can't name the font.

Back to the logo, with just a few minor tweaks, this logo can go from one of the worst to one of the best. I've seen such a version, I can't remember where :rolleyes:

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived