Most poorly designed logo in sports

brooksdiamond

The Bobcats logo is really not that bad! Sure, it might not be the best logo in the NBA, but it's not terrible, either. Can somebody explain to me what beef they have about the way the cat looks, in particular?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most the current ABA teams including this one:

TexasTycoonsLogo%5B1%5D.jpg

You money-hungry bastards!!!! :wacko:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

The Bobcats logo is really not that bad! Sure, it might not be the best logo in the NBA, but it's not terrible, either. Can somebody explain to me what beef they have about the way the cat looks, in particular?

well, I already went on a full rant a few post ago so I won't beat a dead horse, but here is a reason...

IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A BOBCAT!!

The Bobcats logo is really not that bad!  Sure, it might not be the best logo in the NBA, but it's not terrible, either.  Can somebody explain to me what beef they have about the way the cat looks, in particular?

well, I already went on a full rant a few post ago so I won't beat a dead horse, but here is a reason...

IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A BOBCAT!!

I duno...I think it looks decently like a bobcat...gotta take some artistic lisence when stylizing it for a logo...

bobcat.jpg

I think the team nickname "BOBCATS" makes the logo suck as much as anything. That is the stupidest professional nickname in sports. Of coarse charlotte's football team didn't do much better . . . but at least their logo is better! I dunno, sucky name and logo.

SignatureCCSL.png

Part of it is that it is flat and poorly rendered with accents/highlights that look unnatural, part of it is that it uses a team name that includes the name of the owner, and part of it is that people here can't really stand Tom O'Grady of Gameplan Creative, the illustrious creator of this masterpiece.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think the team nickname "BOBCATS" makes the logo suck as much as anything. That is the stupidest professional nickname in sports. Of coarse charlotte's football team didn't do much better . . . but at least their logo is better! I dunno, sucky name and logo.

What's wrong with the name Bobcats?

It's a powerful nickname. You think of a bobcat and you think of a ferocious little critter. And the nickname isn't ultra-common like Wildcats.

So what's wrong with it?

The owner's name is Robert Johnson, but he goes by Bob, and has for years. This was NOT a coincidence that he decided to call the team the Bobcats.

If the name of the team contains the name of the team owner then the team name sucks.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The owner's name is Robert Johnson, but he goes by Bob, and has for years. This was NOT a coincidence that he decided to call the team the Bobcats.

If the name of the team contains the name of the team owner then the team name sucks.

Might I suggest this as a replacement logo?

Bobcatgoldwait2.jpg

EDIT: I JUST noticed that he appears to be wearing a Replacements t-shirt. I wish I could say that that wasn't just a coincidence. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3. Phoenix Coyotes (Cubist logo was far more original)

Original does not equal good. This thing is the Toronto Raptor of the NHL (althought it has the advantage of not being a dinosaur).

nlray22u33hhmvm2oyfg.gif

And what is with the "Phantom of the Opera" style half-mask?

fantasmaopera_f_011.jpg

Most the current ABA teams including this one:

TexasTycoonsLogo%5B1%5D.jpg

You money-hungry bastards!!!! :wacko:

anyone else think an ABA team called the tycoons is funny, we all know its going to fold halfway through next season anyway.

its good to see what the kids at ABA Elementary came up with for this logo though, better than some of their previous work.

**cough cough** Cleveland Browns

I know you are supposed to say it while you cough, but I'm trying to start this thing where you say it afterwards.

(bonus points if you get this reference)

Whilst we can all dogpile on minor league teams, and the Charlotte Bobcats, what would we consider the worst out of the Major League teams? (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

My beef with the Bobcats logo? It's BORING.

And all the teams whose logos are just a basketball with the team's name slapped on it aren't?

5. San Diego Padres (Swinging Friar is a wimp)

I'd actually like this to be the primary.

Whilst we can all dogpile on minor league teams, and the Charlotte Bobcats, what would we consider the worst out of the Major League teams? (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS)

I have to go with the Washington Wizards, because to me it looks like a swastika.

**cough cough** Cleveland Browns

I know you are supposed to say it while you cough, but I'm trying to start this thing where you say it afterwards.

(bonus points if you get this reference)

All right, I'll be the one to point it out:

Paul Brown never owned the Cleveland Browns. He was their head coach. The team was to be the Cleveland Panthers until its ownership discovered a semi-pro team of the same name. The semi-pro team's owner refused to allow them to use the name, and in a scramble Browns got selected.

Paul Brown later did own a team though - the Cincinnati Bengals.

nav-logo.png

Archived