Reggie Bush get his wish? Wearing number 1?

Chiefster2000

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the point of the Pic was , that was # 5 Adrian McPherson, from last season when he lined up behind guard . Anyways the point is if he get's # 5 appealed good , but A-Mc still has the Number ! what is he going to pay him off or something ? or A-Mc just going to laugh at him . B)

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Worse than that, everyone is going to want another number if Bush gets it. I'm sure there are RBs in the NFL that wore a single digit in college and would want to change it. RBs have 30 numbers to choose from. That seem like a nice enough window.

According to the AP, Charles Woodson is petitioning the league so he can wear #2 for the Pack this year, even though he's slated to wear #21.

captdb0fe6ccaab44188a184961bf4.jpg

capte4dca74fa3984d5dba480d8012.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

According to the AP, Charles Woodson is petitioning the league so he can wear #2 for the Pack this year, even though he's slated to wear #21.

captdb0fe6ccaab44188a184961bf4.jpg

capte4dca74fa3984d5dba480d8012.jpg

Don't take those practice pictures of Woodson too seriously, Deion Sanders has worn #2 (his number at FSU) on his practice jersey at every stop he has made in the NFL, though he has only ever worn #21 and #37 in games.

With the Ravens: 18039060.jpg

p1_sanders_0906_2.jpg

With the Redskins: _906336_sanders_carrier150.jpg

lolsaints5cn.jpg
Okay...............

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

12wd1.jpg

Thats halarious.

That is, without question, one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The fact that they appear to be in the men's room in full uniform, with helmets on, is almost as funny as the "sink" mistake.

Which reminds me...I can't remember which O-lineman it was, but 2 or 3 years ago the Saints lost a real heartbreaker of a game and one of the linemen was so P.O.'d that he didn't even shower after the game...or change for that matter. He just walked out of the Superdome and drove home in uniform. Can you imagine sitting at a light and a car pulls up next to you and the guy is in a Saints uni, complete with pads?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

lolsaints5cn.jpg
Okay...............

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

12wd1.jpg

Thats halarious.

That is, without question, one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The fact that they appear to be in the men's room in full uniform, with helmets on, is almost as funny as the "sink" mistake.

Which reminds me...I can't remember which O-lineman it was, but 2 or 3 years ago the Saints lost a real heartbreaker of a game and one of the linemen was so P.O.'d that he didn't even shower after the game...or change for that matter. He just walked out of the Superdome and drove home in uniform. Can you imagine sitting at a light and a car pulls up next to you and the guy is in a Saints uni, complete with pads?

Skyaa, it was Norman Hand....

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Even better.

From the New Orleans newspaper, The Times-Picayune:

MYSTERY SHOPPING

Reebok receives orders from 15,000 who want to be in that number -- whatever it is

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

By Mike Triplett

Staff writer

Reebok already has received a record 15,000 orders for Saints rookie Reggie Bush's jersey.

The only question is what number will be on it.

Bush's marketing agent, Mike Ornstein, said he feels "real good" about Bush's chances of keeping his college No. 5 in the NFL after talking with everyone on the league's competition committee.

League rules state that running backs must wear numbers in the 20s, 30s or 40s -- a rule designed to make it easier for officials to identify players by position. But Ornstein is trying to get an exemption for the marketable rookie.

Ornstein lobbied that Bush has become synonymous with the No. 5, which he has worn since high school. And the Saints don't have any numbers available in the 20s, which would be the next most desirable choice.

The demand for Bush jerseys created the largest order in Reebok's history, said vice president of team properties Eddie White. He said Tennessee rookie Vince Young was close behind with 14,500 jersey orders.

Another indication that those two have become the marketing darlings of this year's draft, White said, was the number of team caps sold at Radio City Music Hall in New York last weekend. He said the Saints and Titans caps were among the top five sellers.

<<

He's dreaming. They're not about to set a precedent by giving him #5 even if Adrian's willing to give it up.

Of course, if Adrian sees that men's room pic, he'll probably be happy to hand it over. :P

I think the Saints have a minicamp next weekend, wonder what Reggie will wear for that?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Why don't they just change the rules to allow backs to wear 1-19 in addition to 20-49? It wouldn't be all that weird.

On every team, most numbers in the 20s-40s are taken, but you might have as many as 15 numbers free below 20, assuming you have three QBs, a punter, and a kicker.

It's not like they're letting linebackers do it. I think the numbering rule is probably designed more for tackles and guards anyway.

I wouldn't suggest number anarchy like they do in college. Just one change. I'd still be for keeping the other rules pretty much as they are.

It helps to remember that this is the Saints we're talking about. While it's great they got Reggie Bush, it's almost probably that he goes down with a torn ACL immediately. I don't want to be a naysayer or anything, but c'mon, it's the Saints.

And I wish Peter King would shut his fat, stupid, coffee-drinking face. Seriously. He should just write a Favre, Starbucks and Sopranos column, because he seems to know much more about those topics than he does football.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived