Cincinnati Reds (Central Winner)

v.

Colorado Rockies(West Winner)

NY Mets (East Winner)

v.

Houston Astros (Wild Card)

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One loss by the Whitesox and one win by the Tigers will switch the Wild Card and Central. All I can say is GO TIGERS 18-9, true it's May, but damn i'm proud to be a Tigers fanatic, sticking with them during their 119 loss season explains why :blink:. Btw Hitman who are you rooting for?

One loss by the Whitesox and one win by the Tigers will switch the Wild Card and Central.  All I can say is GO TIGERS 18-9, true it's May, but damn i'm proud to be a Tigers fanatic, sticking with them during their 119 loss season explains why  :blink:.  Btw Hitman who are you rooting for?

Motown baby!

ROC has been fan since 1982!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

according to sportsecyclopedia.com, the Tigers havent made the playoffs since 1987, a whopping 19 seasons ago. (I was 2 years old at the time.)

Correct!

I was at Game 5 of the ALCS (the only game Detroit beat Minnesota in that series). I was 11 years and 2 days old then. I still have an orange cardboard sign they handed out to all fans that night that reads "Go Get 'Em Tigers". I think it's pretty rare because of the following...

I will NEVER forget how that game ended. There was one out in the bottom of the 8th, Larry Herndon on first, Pat Sheridan homered on the first pitch he saw to give Detroit a 7-6 lead. The entire crowd, except me and my brother, tossed their signs onto the filed in joyous celebration. It took several minutes before they resumed play. The crowd was deafening while they cleaned up ol' TIger stadium. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I was 11.

That team went 98-64. I have the boxscore from that game printed out from retresheet.org and in a binder for safe keeping.

Yeah, I'm nuts for the Tigers!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Fun topic and all, but let's see what would have happened had the same questions been asked on May 11, 2005!

AL:

White Sox (AL central leader) vs Angels (AL west leader)

Orioles (AL east leader) vs Red Sox (AL wild card)

NL:

Cardinals (NL central leader) vs Dodgers (NL west leader)

Braves (NL east leader) vs Marlins (NL wild card)

The Houston Astros, the NL rep in the 2005 world series were 12-21 on 5/11/05 and tied for last with the Reds.

Long season, people. Long season.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Fun topic and all, but let's see what would have happened had the same questions been asked on May 11, 2005!

AL:

White Sox (AL central leader) vs Angels (AL west leader)

Orioles (AL east leader) vs Red Sox (AL wild card)

NL:

Cardinals (NL central leader) vs Dodgers (NL west leader)

Braves (NL east leader) vs Marlins (NL wild card)

The Houston Astros, the NL rep in the 2005 world series were 12-21 on 5/11/05 and tied for last with the Reds.

Long season, people. Long season.

The O's wouldn't have played the Red Sox, as the Division Series rules prohibit that. In all likelihood, the White Sox would have gotten the Red Sox in the Division Series in your situation.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

One loss by the Whitesox and one win by the Tigers will switch the Wild Card and Central. All I can say is GO TIGERS 18-9, true it's May, but damn i'm proud to be a Tigers fanatic, sticking with them during their 119 loss season explains why :blink:. Btw Hitman who are you rooting for?

I know EXACTLY how you feel. That was the year I decided to keep a tally of their wins and losses on the cover of one of my textbooks - it's a good thing that school got out for the summer and that I switched Spanish books with the next year, because that would have been one hell of a lopsided tally.

I was hoping they would be good, but didn't expect it for a year or two. One has to wonder if it's Leyland's managerial skills or the fact that a young team has another year of cohesion and experience under their belt.

One loss by the Whitesox and one win by the Tigers will switch the Wild Card and Central.  All I can say is GO TIGERS 18-9, true it's May, but damn i'm proud to be a Tigers fanatic, sticking with them during their 119 loss season explains why  :blink:.  Btw Hitman who are you rooting for?

I know EXACTLY how you feel. That was the year I decided to keep a tally of their wins and losses on the cover of one of my textbooks - it's a good thing that school got out for the summer and that I switched Spanish books with the next year, because that would have been one hell of a lopsided tally.

I was hoping they would be good, but didn't expect it for a year or two. One has to wonder if it's Leyland's managerial skills or the fact that a young team has another year of cohesion and experience under their belt.

I think it's both, with the veteran leadership of not only Leyland but the veterans like Pudge and Guillen that put the puzzles together, the Tigers can get far not only this year, but for years to come.

One can dream can't he?

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Chi. White Sox (Central Winner)

v.

Texas Rangers (West Winner)

Boston Red Sox (East Winner)

v.

Detroit Tigers (Wild Card)

NATIONAL LEAGUE

v.

NY Mets (East Winner)

v.

No Yankees....I like it!

One can dream can't he?

AMERICAN LEAGUE

v.

v.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

v.

NY Mets (East Winner)

v.

No Yankees....I like it!

true, but they are a game behind the Tigers for the Wild Card

I think it's both, with the veteran leadership of not only Leyland but the veterans like Pudge and Guillen that put the puzzles together, the Tigers can get far not only this year, but for years to come.

I'd have to say it's probably the fact that the pitching for the Tigers (which has been a serious problem for the Motor City Kitties for ages) is finally starting to come around...

The hitting was always there with guys like Pudge, Young, Ordonez (when healthy) & Guillen.

Now that Bonderman, Maroth, and Verlander are coming into their own, it's an added bonus.

It's just amazing to see how far they've come in 3 years....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'd have to say it's probably the fact that the pitching for the Tigers (which has been a serious problem for the Motor City Kitties for ages) is finally starting to come around...

The hitting was always there with guys like Pudge, Young, Ordonez (when healthy) & Guillen.

Now that Bonderman, Maroth, and Verlander are coming into their own, it's an added bonus.

It's just amazing to see how far they've come in 3 years....

Very true, just like the Colorado Rockies, they have finally figured themselves out. I think it's going to be a fun summer watching this team become better.

One can dream can't he?

AMERICAN LEAGUE

v.

v.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

v.

NY Mets (East Winner)

v.

Hey the rangers finally win another division title. It's been too long!

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

One can dream can't he?

AMERICAN LEAGUE

v.

v.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

v.

NY Mets (East Winner)

v.

No Yankees....I like it!

true, but they are a game behind the Tigers for the Wild Card

Hey, hey... don't count us out yet!

My Jays have played 23 games against the White Sox, Yankees, Red Sox, Angels and Athletics going 13-12 against them.

The Yankees have played 15 against the Angels, A's, Jays and Red Sox going 5-10.

I'm jus' sayin :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived