Madden '07 and uniforms

BJ Sands

Would it be feasible for everyone on this board to compile a list of everything that is wrong about the uniforms in Madden and send it to EA with all of us adding our names? Would they actually listen to such a large number of (expert) voices?

No, because the community of gamers have been asking for a real sim from EA, and they won't even do that.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both Xbox and Xbox 360. Come to think of it, every system that will be availible would have a version of Madden NFL 07 (That includes the PS3 and Nintendo Wii)

How in the hell could you play it for the Nintendo wii??? Have you seen the controller? Either I'm severely uninformed or that controller ain't fit for playing sports games with.

It was "the day the music died" when the NFL gave Madden an exclusive license. Paying for a monopoly is apparently far easier than competing with another company which may have better ideas and execute them more effectively. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Paying for a monopoly is apparently far easier than competing with another company which may have better ideas and execute them more effectively. :cursing:

It's called business, buddy. If Take Two/2K Sports had the resources to pay for a monopoly, they would have done that.

Reebok and Gatorade do the same thing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Paying for a monopoly is apparently far easier  than competing with another company which may have better ideas and execute them more effectively.  :cursing:

It's called business, buddy. If Take Two/2K Sports had the resources to pay for a monopoly, they would have done that.

It may be "business", but it is a case where the consumer gets screwed by such practices. If they had competition, they would have to at least try and put out a better product.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Madden pisses me off.  2007 won't have anything particularly cool in it, they tend to have something new and groundbreaking come out every other year, so basically you're paying for:

-updated rosters (give or take a 3rd or 4th rounder here or there who they randomly decide can't be in the game)

-very slightly updated graphics

-a new shiny plastic box

-the exact same color commentary

-the same poor create-a-team options

-jersey screw ups *featuring but not limited to wrong fonts (see the AZ Cardinals jerseys from 2006), mismatching colors (see Cardinals, 2 types of red), non-updated jerseys (see Vikings in 2007 edition), missing uniform combos (see Seattle, Chicago, St. Louis, etc.), wrong combos (see St. Louis), etc....it goes on.*

-a new soundtrack which will for the most part probably suck.

Some other issues that bother me about Madden 'o6 which is just plain laziness:

- The Bengals main uniform has the wrong font, even though the alternate versions of the uniform are correct. Just stupid!

- The Giants away uniforms still have a blue outline around the numbers when they are just plain red

- The Cardinals have the wrong font. When I made a Leinart jersey, the "7" had serifs on it and the "2" in Edge's "32" is wrong.

-In the college version of the game, they have the University of Miami using the Denver Broncos font, when it is not even that close. They have repeated this mistake for like 4 or 5 years.

- Why do you have such a limited number of options when creating a new team uniform? You should have access to every teams font style rather than the Titans, Eagles, Broncos and Bears and plain. They haven't changed this feature in forever (in College or Pro).

- The limited numbers of facemasks and the poor rendering of them is annoying. They haven't updated the facemasks in forever and when they have certain players on the cover (Like Culpepper a few years ago) they should have the EXACT mask he wears available. It is a small detail, but a really stupid one that bothers me. Also I wonder why the masks themselves are flawed, how hard is it to make a correct one to the exact detail?

- The stupid salary cap limit is annoying. A lot of times I try to update the rosters after the season to reflect the offseason moves, but in the case like the current Texans I can't! Because the Broncos were dumb enough to completely overpay Jeb Putzier, he kills my cap and I can't have him on my team as well as like 5 other guys. You should be able to turn it off if you want to.

All I can say is that hopefully Madden 07 is better than 06. Cuz, 06 was a waste of money. It didn't have any real new features. The uniforms were practically the same as last year's and the gameplay was exactly the same if not worse to be honest. And pretty much all of the music used blew. It's pretty sad when the only stuff a teenager will listen to on that game is the NFL Films songs. Though, I love the NFL Films music. I would much rather listen to something that sounds great. And I seriously thought Franchise Mode was gonna be so much better. But, the exact same thing as the year before. Create a team could seriously use some updating as well. :cursing:

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

-In the college version of the game, they have the University of Miami using the Denver Broncos font, when it is not even that close. They have repeated this mistake for like 4 or 5 years.

They fixed that problem last year. It's no longer the Broncos' font on green and orange jerseys.

If you dont like the music load some of your own cds onto your X-Box and you a custom soundtrack. Thats what I do and the only time they lame ass Madden songs come on is after touchdowns.

Even through the darkest days....this fire burns...always

EAGLEZZZZ.png

Paying for a monopoly is apparently far easier  than competing with another company which may have better ideas and execute them more effectively.   :cursing:

It may be "business", but it is a case where the consumer gets screwed by such practices. If they had competition, they would have to at least try and put out a better product.

Exactly. Unfortunately, as long as the lemmings go over the cliff (i.e. keep buying Madden) they won't have much of an incentive to improve the product. I passed on Madden '06 after renting it as it was a lame rehash of '05. I'll do the same this year if it's the same way. I've already amended my rosters to get Drew Brees as my Saints QB (and to send Brooks to the Raiders) and will add Reggie Bush through create-a-player.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Looky what I found...

draft_10.jpg

The font is still off - hopefully this is taken from an "early build" of the game and they'll have the changes in time for shipment.

Looky what I found...

draft_10.jpg

The font is still off - hopefully this is taken from an "early build" of the game and they'll have the changes in time for shipment.

huh? the font saying "cardinals" is stretched slightly (due to the player model moving) and the number font looks A) pretty close and B) stretched due to the wide-screen screenshot.

and Madden on the Wii is going to use different controls - use the acceleromator in the controller to flick your wrist to actually throw the ball, etc. I wonder how much effort Tiburon are really going to put into it, but considering EA hasn't put Madden on the GameCube for a few years, being back in Nintendo's camp is certainly a good sign.

harperdc.gif

Looky what I found...

draft_10.jpg

huh? the font saying "cardinals" is stretched slightly (due to the player model moving) and the number font looks A) pretty close and B) stretched due to the wide-screen screenshot.

Check the number font. It's not "pretty close". It has to be either last year's game (see: Sun Devil Stadium) or an early build.

00124312_z.jpg

Looky what I found...

draft_10.jpg

and Madden on the Wii is going to use different controls - use the acceleromator in the controller to flick your wrist to actually throw the ball, etc. I wonder how much effort Tiburon are really going to put into it, but considering EA hasn't put Madden on the GameCube for a few years, being back in Nintendo's camp is certainly a good sign.

huh, what are you talking about, I have 03,04,05, and 06 for the Gamecube so can you reword that?

Archived