Celebs With Lord Stanley

Neon_Matrix

http://www.nhl.com/features/gallery/celebs/index.html

At this link, you will find various pictures of various celebrites with Lord Stanley. I don't know if I'm the only one who finds this entire promotion plain stupid. Why should these celebrities (most of whome probably don't even know what Lord Stanley is) get to have the privledge of holding this trophy for a day while others have to train their whole life just to get a chance to hold it? The only one on that page who does deserve to see Stanley is Kurt Russel because of his work on Miracle (which I'm luke warm on... and it is known he is a hockey fan), otherwise, why is Lil' John trying to slip it a date rape pill?

I just find this whole promotion stupid and maybe a little offensive to the great sport of hockey and the honor the cup holds. It should be left to the players to handle Lord Stanley, not an actor.

Am I the only one who thinks what the NHL has done is in poor taste?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The celebrities aren't hoisting the cup (That priviledge is only for those who win the cup). Any regular Joe can do the same thing by buying a ticket to the Hockey Hall of Fame and seeing and touching the cup for themselves.

The NHL is just trying to get some high-profile exposure. No big deal as far as I'm concerned.

5b.jpg

I'm surprised they let Lil' Jon hold it over his shoulder like that, like you mentioned 'hoisting' is a right reserved for cup winners.

thats terrible, would it not be enough to have a promo with past stanley cup champions hoisting it once again, rather than just random celebrities?

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

5b.jpg

I'm surprised they let Lil' Jon hold it over his shoulder like that, like you mentioned 'hoisting' is a right reserved for cup winners.

Hoist it? Hell, I'm shocked he didn't just take the Stanley Cup and rename it "Lil' Jon's Giant Ass Silver Pimp Cup".

5b.jpg

Hoist it? Hell, I'm shocked he didn't just take the Stanley Cup and rename it "Lil' Jon's Giant Ass Silver Pimp Cup".

Lil Jon is from the ATL

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The celebrities aren't hoisting the cup (That priviledge is only for those who win the cup). Any regular Joe can do the same thing by buying a ticket to the Hockey Hall of Fame and seeing and touching the cup for themselves.

The NHL is just trying to get some high-profile exposure. No big deal as far as I'm concerned.

See, knowing from first hand knowledge, the Stanley Cup at the HHOF is the replica. It is not the one presented to the winners, it is one that is on display for fans to see. So while those pictures are with the real one, I , along with probably every other Toronto resident have only touched the replica.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

why does Tony Shaloub have to wear gloves, but noone else does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_(TV_series)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

why does Tony Shaloub have to wear gloves, but noone else does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_(TV_series)

Yah, thats what I was thinking that he was doing the shoot in character...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Lil Jon is a hockey fan. He has season tickets to the Thrashers I believe. And his son plays hockey.

Now if it was just some random celebrity that knows nothing about the sport, then I would agree. However, I doubt they would do that.

Hey, people have reportedly pissed in the Stanley Cup... it might be the holy grail of hockey, but it's not like it's THE holy grail.

nav-logo.png

The celebrities aren't hoisting the cup (That priviledge is only for those who win the cup).    Any regular Joe can do the same thing by buying a ticket to the Hockey Hall of Fame and seeing and touching the cup for themselves. 

The NHL is just trying to get some high-profile exposure.  No big deal as far as I'm concerned.

See, knowing from first hand knowledge, the Stanley Cup at the HHOF is the replica. It is not the one presented to the winners, it is one that is on display for fans to see. So while those pictures are with the real one, I , along with probably every other Toronto resident have only touched the replica.

But you can have your picture taken and touch the traveling cup (The one presented to the Players) as well. I have touched that cup and had my picture taken with it several times.

JKR is right.. If you have a chance to be in there early enough that it's just a couple of people in there with the H.O.F. employee, they'll tell you the differences between the replica and the "Presentation" cup.

The only one I remember off hand is the "X"'s over Basil Pocklington's name (on the '84 Oilers section) is on the presentation cup, but not the replica, as his name never appeared on it.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

JKR is right.. If you have a chance to be in there early enough that it's just a couple of people in there with the H.O.F. employee, they'll tell you the differences between the replica and the "Presentation" cup.

The only one I remember off hand is the "X"'s over Basil Pocklington's name (on the '84 Oilers section) is on the presentation cup, but not the replica, as his name never appeared on it.

Well, maybe soon I will be able to tell you all the secrets behind the Replica Cup. :P

I'm going to the HHOF tomorrow to apply for a job, hopefully I can get one but who knows. If they need to hire then great, otherwise... gotta start looking elsewhere. I'll keep you guys posted if I get the job or not.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well, I've never been to the Hall of Fame so I've never heard that. All though I do know there are misspellings on the Cup. I had my picture taken with the cup when they had it for Devils season ticket holders in the years after they one the cup. The last time I looked for year Islanders were misspelled and boom it was there.

If that were the Lombardi Trophy everyone would be in an uproar. Since it's the NHL and probably the sport Americans care least about, well, no one cares.

Yea, cause the NFL has never done promotional photos with that sacred trophy that is remade every year. :rolleyes:

Archived