10 Best World Cup Jerseys. 10 Worst too.

lost_limey

Idiots. Farkin' idiots!

They made the USA goalkeeper shirt No. 1 and didn't bang David Seaman or Jorge Campos for their colo(u)r eruptions? Much less the World Cup 1994 kits with the bleached denim stars and the drunken wavy stripes!

Plus, they had the Germany "away" jersey in the "home" column. Idiots.

I'd so wear that Porteguese orange jersey.

It's copper -- Paraguay's main export.

a shade of light orange/apricot

It says orange on the site. Oh well it does'nt really matter. I'd still wear it.

DRew

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

These guys are a little off. I liked that Germany 1994 shirt. And Italy's 2002 shirt was a whole new material from the previous shirt. I think the last uni's they rolled out prior to this year's kits were better, but the numbers were hard to read at times. They should have knocked them for that.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The fact that the '98 Mexico jersey is listed as one of the worst immediately kills the credibility of the whole list. Not to mention the author is all over the place with what he likes, simple and timeless or gaudy and extravagant. Make up your mind!

These guys are a little off. I liked that Germany 1994 shirt. And Italy's 2002 shirt was a whole new material from the previous shirt. I think the last uni's they rolled out prior to this year's kits were better, but the numbers were hard to read at times. They should have knocked them for that.

Thankfully, Italy only wore those in qualifying...

Metallic gold on white is pretty tough to read...at least this time around they got it right (blue lettering & numbers on the white jerseys)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Yeah, it's just screwy to rank France '98 as a great shirt but put Mexico '98 on the worst list. That Mexico shirt was a standout in what was the best overall year for World Cup jerseys since, well, maybe ever. And France, the winners, were just about the worst-dressed team in the competition. They looked like a shopping mall food court circa 1985 with those pointless thin horizontal lines. (Iran, at least, had uglier uniforms.)

Also, where is Croatia? Even when the World Cup is being ruined by generic, cookie-cutter jersey templates (cough cough 2002 cough cough), Croatia manages to look good. They have their thing, red and white checks, and they stick to it:

2002_2a.jpg

Really, only Argentina is both as consistent and as interesting. (Brazil and Italy are admirably consistent, but not so interesting.)

20082614447.png

I love those 1994 Germany away jerseys....the green ones with the harlequin shoulders. In fact, does anyone know where I can get one of those - I wore mine to pieces...

hjwii

How the hell did Denmarks red and pink jersey make the top 19

And the first jersey they show looks way too much like a baseball jersey

Actually, it's not red and pink. The "pink" area is actually red and white vertical stripes; not pinstripes, but small, equal stripes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived