Scorebar on ESPN2

patsox

rather than the usual soccer scoreboard, espn2 has implemented a new scoreboard similar to fox. But unlike fox, this is one of the most tasteful ive seen. it's like the usual espn one except extended across the screen (black with red on top) with flags, the team initial and that cool shaped box they usually put the scores in.

rather than the usual soccer scoreboard, espn2 has implemented a new scoreboard similar to fox. But unlike fox, this is one of the most tasteful ive seen. it's like the usual espn one except extended across the screen (black with red on top) with flags, the team initial and that cool shaped box they usually put the scores in.

Best part: NO SOUND EFFECTS AFTER A GOAL. Thank f***ing God. I am so tired of being bombarded with whooshes, zappers, and fake goal horns that this is finally a break from all that.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

It hangs way too low on a standard TV, though. It's about a quarter of a way down the screen.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Actually it is not an ESPN overlay, its a FIFA overlay, all networks, are carrying out the same overlay, banners, etc.

Really? Univision's looked a little different while I was flipping through. Of course, I could be wrong. It was at 9 this morning.

It'd be nice if, while they were broadcasting the WC, they would get rid of the BottomLine. It kind of ruins it for me.

Actually it is not an ESPN overlay, its a FIFA overlay, all networks, are carrying out the same overlay, banners, etc.

Really? Univision's looked a little different while I was flipping through. Of course, I could be wrong. It was at 9 this morning.

It'd be nice if, while they were broadcasting the WC, they would get rid of the BottomLine. It kind of ruins it for me.

does univision's have the guy that says goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool (that is what i think the top of the corner says)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Well here in Canada, the ESPN overlay, and the Rogers Sportsnet/TSN/CTV overlays were identical. In 2002, I know for a fact that they were all identical, it was the blue bubble design back then, it might be different for some stations this time around, as not all languages have the same short forms for team name.

as not all languages have the same short forms for team name.

I would disagree with that because I know those shortened three-letter names are international. For instance, Spain everywhere is "ESP". I'm pretty sure everywhere will do that on the broadcasts with all the names.

All Spanish announcers have some form of "goooooool" call but I would assume you're specifically talking about Andres Cantor.

Alas, he now works for Telemundo, the NBC-owned Spanish network.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

It's an ESPN overlay because it uses the same type graphics as ESPN uses for there in game graphics for other sports. Also as mentioned Univision as a different graphics package. The Canadian channels are probably an ESPN feed or it is being produced by ESPN.

Setanta had a different overlay and they were getting the feed straight from Germany complete w/ German Comentary.

Setanta has the German-speaking broadcast rights from FIFA for North America, so I'd hope so. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

... it might be different for some stations this time around, as not all languages have the same short forms for team name.

FIFA has a 3-letter designation already made out for each team. One would assume that they largely parallel the 3-letter Olympic abbreviations, but I can't be 100% sure of that. If FIFA's running their broadcast, the designations will be the same irrespective of the language of the nation receiving the broadcast.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

... it might be different for some stations this time around, as not all languages have the same short forms for team name.

FIFA has a 3-letter designation already made out for each team. One would assume that they largely parallel the 3-letter Olympic abbreviations, but I can't be 100% sure of that. If FIFA's running their broadcast, the designations will be the same irrespective of the language of the nation receiving the broadcast.

the 3-letter designations follow either the ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 or IOC abbreviation standards.

Quick reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...6_country_codes

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived