A Traveshamockery on Thursday at RFK.

NDwas

For the second straight game, the Rockies will be in their hideous black-on-black sleeveless alts. But to "improve" the situation this afternoon, the Nats are bringing out their day game red alts.

My eyes are scheduled to bleed before 5 PM tonight. :cry:

Pics to come when available.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

For the second straight game, the Rockies will be in their hideous black-on-black sleeveless alts. But to "improve" the situation this afternoon, the Nats are bringing out their day game red alts.

My eyes are scheduled to bleed before 5 PM tonight. :cry:

Pics to come when available.

The Nats should not be forced to allieviate the Rockies' own stupidity of wearing black on black. The Rockies have a gray jersey that they can wear. Also, if you're gonna have black sleeves on a black vest, why not go the extra step and make it an actual jersey. If you wear a vest, the sleeves should be different colors.

Could be worse, the Rockies could've worn Unitards.

true, or they could have worn the purple undershirts. Ouch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

DSC03518th17nj241.jpg

My problem with the Rockies toga of ugliness is not so much the Ming the Merciless shoulder rings, or the fact that it's a solid color jersey worn over a shirt of the same color, or any of the many other very fine critiques of this abomination of the diamond.

It's the player name lettering. They started with silver letters on black. Fine. Then they added a black outline to the silver letters. Pointless, and therefore fine. Then they added an even thicker white outline around the black outline around the silver letters. At which point the letters themselves become unreadable vague polygons. I was at the ballgame last night, sitting not too far away from the visitors' on-deck circle, and I couldn't read the players' names. They might as well be written in Klingon letters or that Aurek-Besh Star Wars gibberish, thanks to the two-part outlines. M, N, H, Q, W, R, U, O, S, D, G, H, K, B, and C are basically indistinguishable from each other, thanks to the metastasizing outlines.

To design a uniform element so anti-functional, it's just wrong is what it is. Morally wrong. If you want to make an ugly uniform, fine, that's your right, and tastes will differ. But taking a functional part of the uniform and deliberately making it not work? Might as well issue the uniforms with no buttons or with the arm holes sewn shut. If you don't want people to be able to read the players' names, Colorado, then just don't put their names on the jerseys!

20082614447.png

They started with silver letters on black. Fine. Then they added a black outline to the silver letters. Pointless, and therefore fine. Then they added an even thicker white outline around the black outline around the silver letters. At which point the letters themselves become unreadable vague polygons.

I think there's a little purple in there too.

God should speak to His team and tell them to clean up this mess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

DSC03518th17nj241.jpg

My problem with the Rockies toga of ugliness is not so much the Ming the Merciless shoulder rings, or the fact that it's a solid color jersey worn over a shirt of the same color, or any of the many other very fine critiques of this abomination of the diamond.

It's the player name lettering. They started with silver letters on black. Fine. Then they added a black outline to the silver letters. Pointless, and therefore fine. Then they added an even thicker white outline around the black outline around the silver letters. At which point the letters themselves become unreadable vague polygons. I was at the ballgame last night, sitting not too far away from the visitors' on-deck circle, and I couldn't read the players' names. They might as well be written in Klingon letters or that Aurek-Besh Star Wars gibberish, thanks to the two-part outlines. M, N, H, Q, W, R, U, O, S, D, G, H, K, B, and C are basically indistinguishable from each other, thanks to the metastasizing outlines.

To design a uniform element so anti-functional, it's just wrong is what it is. Morally wrong. If you want to make an ugly uniform, fine, that's your right, and tastes will differ. But taking a functional part of the uniform and deliberately making it not work? Might as well issue the uniforms with no buttons or with the arm holes sewn shut. If you don't want people to be able to read the players' names, Colorado, then just don't put their names on the jerseys!

The NOB and numbers color scheme on these jerseys is:

silver - PURPLE - white, not silver - black - white.

I agree, however, that it should be worn with the purple undershirts, or just have purple sleeves sewn on.

The Rockies are a mess that I could fix in about 20 minutes, if they were even REMOTELY interested...but most of you guys would be pissed because the black and purple jerseys would stay, albeit in a modified form.

The title says it all. It was a travesty, a sham and a mockery. A Traveshamokery.

BURGLEFLICKLE!!!!!

Sorry about this, I just could not resist doing it!! :D

No Making Up Words

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

DSC03518th17nj241.jpg

I can always count on you, Wonk, to speak the truth.

Absolutely correct.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I still don't understand why teams feel the need to mess with black and silver, one of the greatest and most successfully marketed color combinations (i.e. Raiders). If you have a naturally appealing/intimidating color combo like that, and keep it simple, it is basically impossible to mess it up. For some reason, though, teams try to be flashier than one another and end up looking like the visual equivalent of a used diaper filled with Indian food.

I don't get it.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

As I've said on here before, if the Nationals would add some white to the piping on their red jersey, and if the Rockies would dump that stupid armhole piping and go back to the purple undershirts, this whole incident could be upgraged from "traveshamockery" to "tolerable by most." In fact, I'd like it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived