Jerseys you would kill for your teams to go back

Titanium Eagle

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please..please..please.

orioles66.jpg

I agree 100% with this.

Baltimore is in a flux right now. I like the colors, but there is so much more they could do with there uniforms. I HATE the script "O's" hat, I think the flat bird standing there is AWFUL and is one of the dumbest hat logos ever.

This uniform is nice. I would also love to see them go back to the old bird caricature, but on an all black hat. I wouldn't even mind if they used the white front panel hat for Sunday home games. That old bird logo is one of the best logos ever, it is as good or better than the Cleveland Indians hat logo. I don't understnad why they just don't go back to it. Orioles aren't fierce, so you might as well have some fun with it, because a serious Oriole is just boring.

31-37922-f.jpg

Agree on the road jersey. As for the hats, I can never decide. I grew up with the cartoon bird, but it seems dated now. If they do go back to it, I would prefer a full black cap with orange bill, since the white panel screams 70s/early 80s.

Slightly off topic --

Someone explain to me why, even though the Orioles won the 1983 World Series in that hat, the manufacturer put 1988 on the back -- a year in which the O's started 0-21 and finished 54-107. Also, without looking back to be positive, I'm pretty sure that hat had an orange button, not a black one.

Yet again I agree. If you ask almost any Oriole fan they what they would change about the uniforms it would be to put Baltimore on the road uniforms. Infact alot of fans put it on lists about why Angelos is a bad owner. I use to post on an Orioles message board and every couple of monthes a new thread about puting Baltimore on the road unis would come up (usually by a new poster). I never saw a single fan on those boards disagree.

I would also like to bring back a the Cartoon Bird, even if it is just for Sundays. Either way I think that the O's need to change their hat logos. Alot of teams change their logos around and their play on the field changes as well. Well, the exact opposite happened for the O's, they changed their hat logos in '98. That was the first of 8 (maybe 9 :down: ) losing seasons.

As for your question about the hat's date. I have no idea why they picked that date. I'm thinking they choose 1988 because that was the last year they wore them. But then again I have the black hat and its dated 1966, and they stopped wearing it in 1974. Maybe the manufacturers are just plain stupid.

I really dig the 1948 Indians uniforms. I don't know that I'd actually commit murder to go back to them, but I do like them and I'd be happy to see them resurface... even in a throwback game or two.

1948Indians.jpg

Also, as has been beaten to death in different threads here (it's my first day here, but I can already see it mentioned in half of the threads on the first page alone) I'd give two toes, or possibly a little finger, for the Sabres to go back to the old blue and gold goodness.

(Note to God: Just using hyperbole... please don't actually take any of my appendages. Thanks so much.)

SABRES.gif

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

LucLAROTY.jpg

While not exactly the same I always wondered why the Kings used an Oiler-ish template (Oilers of the same era)--these were my least favorite Kings jerseys--even counting the yellow shorts)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ralomar-tbj.JPG

ace.jpg

bluejays93.jpg

Those jerseys were awesome and I even hated the Blue Jays back then. I was an Expos fan and I'd love for them to go back to their jerseys but Montreal would need a team first. I also would like to see every team who doesn't have sleeves, get them back, everyone in those stupid sleeveless jerseys looks like Larry the Cable Guy!!!

Easy one for me:

JtaylorNo.jpg

Pretty funny, going "back" to a uniform they never wore....

Still, that is one gorgeous set. I love the bronze gold, which to my eye is so much more interesting than the yellowy Vegas gold they wear now.

Yeah that Saints jersey looks awesome. They should go to a modernized version of that with that exact same shade of gold.

What do you mean

?

buffalo_sig.png

I want Vancouver to scrap the stupid native theme they got going here, i hate the native whale logo, i hate the native draft logo, i also hate 2010 olympic logo.

It doesn't really represent the multiculturalism of BC...not at all.

Go back to the skate, the stick logo, or good ol' Johnny Canuck. Scrap the demented whale and use something that has more of the BC feel to it, and its not freakin some aboriginal thing they gotta do.

Oh yeah...i don't hate aboriginal/native people....so relax. I just don't like the logo's.

i do remember the grizzlies doing that when they were up there

VancouverGrizzlies3.GIF

yup thougth so

ATL

LucLAROTY.jpg

lafontaine03.jpg

0218.jpg

goal_b.jpg

i never liked those away sabers ones. I loved the home jerseys but i always felt that the away ones had two many stripes. The canucks look great in their old jerseys

Easy one for me:

JtaylorNo.jpg

Still, that is one gorgeous set. I love the bronze gold, which to my eye is so much more interesting than the yellowy Vegas gold they wear now.

They wore 'em. Only diff from the SI cover is the helmet stripe detail.

John Gilliam was in this uni when he returned the opening kickoff of the Saints' first regular season game for a touchdown before 81,000 screaming fans in Tulane Stadium. Sadly, it's pretty much been downhill ever since. ^_^

These pics are small but I couldn't find better ones and they're clearly wearing the SI cover uni's.

68rams-saintspfp-93.jpg

Note the reversed helmet stripe, indicating this was taken in 1968. Number font also looks like it may differ from the SI cover.

saints1969mgwBw.jpg

Even Hollywood got into the act, with Charlton Heston playing an aging QB who doesn't want to quit in the film Number One. It opens with an announcer saying, "We're here in the locker room of the world champion New Orleans Saints..." At that point I thought, "Wow, it's a comedy!" :P

chkilmer.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

BrassBonanza went out on a limb, and went 3 for 4.

Isles' fisherman jersey, Rangers' Lady Liberty jersey, and Ducks' horizontally divided alts are all improvements over their current jerseys. Only the St. Louis Blues' current look is superior to the one he suggested.

As for my teams, I'd love for my Blue Bombers to go back to this...

khari%20jones%20eludes%20the%20stampeders%20defense%20for%20story.jpg

(The jersey, not the quarterback, as much as I respect what he did for us.)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Those Bomber unis are not only among the best the team ever wore--but among the best ever in football---and I'm NOT a Bomber fan.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived