Jerseys you would kill for your teams to go back

Titanium Eagle

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1078730176047_mcgradycollage.JPG

The blue stars, tracy mcgrady-darell armstrong era magic jerseys were the best..the ones they got now look lame..

I do feel you guys on the coyotes jersey those were awesome.

I don't really like these too much myself. I preferred the pinstripes. These are however, better than their current threads.

1078730176047_mcgradycollage.JPG

The blue stars,  tracy mcgrady-darell armstrong era magic jerseys were the best..the ones they got now look lame..

I do feel you guys on the coyotes jersey those were awesome.

You mean those alternative-lifestyle pajamas? :lol:

All they needed was some glitter trim and a feather boa to complete the ensemble. FABULOUS, girlfriend!

For the Red Sox, I don't want any old thing back again.

But for the SF Giants, yes...

mays_jersey.jpg

I always like that jersey... but it was when the Jints were in NYC. :P

Indeed I like almost all the NY Giants jerseys.

Other uniforms I'd like to see in some Sunday games...

nl_1989_sanfrancisco.gif

There are some baseball unis that I liked but I'm not fan of those franchises:

nl_1992_pittsburgh.gif

(The Pitts' away jersey is wonderful)

nl_1988_sandiego.gif

Both unis are GREAT.

And... this 1965 California Angels cap is wooooonderful:

1965ang.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Blue Jays

delgado.jpg

This set was a great update to their 80s uniform. I really wish they stuck to this.

Bills

oj_simpson_bills.jpg

It'd make the AFC East the only division with light coloured helmets :D

not really my team but still Chargers

fouts.jpg

I love the powder blues but after seeing a game with the Chargers in these unis I have to say they're a little more dynamic and have a good flow to them.

again not my team, Falcons

BartkowskiSteve80TB.jpg

I love the red on the Falcons. Hell, i'd be happy if they go back to the red helmet with a more modernized uniform. Just bring back the red helmet!

• 3 weeks later...
Yankees road uni's before the trim........sweet

al_1972_newyork.gif

What trim?

The Yankees have blue/white trim on their sleeves now and the numbers and lettering is outlined in white. Not big changes but noticeable if you look at old Yankee footage.

Also, what's wrong with the current Isles' logo that makes it a "disgrace"?

I'd say I want the Indians to go back to THESE... but really, I just want what it says to be TRUE!

al_1921_cleveland.gif

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I know these two teams are minor league, but I'd like both the Rochester Americans and Rochester Red Wings to return to their late '50s-early '60s style duds. The Amerks wore white jerseys and hose with Montreal-style striping on the sleeves and socks in royal-scarlet-royal. There was no hem striping on the lace-neck sweaters. The Americans' crest, featuring a black accent on the lower left to make it appear "raised" was on the front at an angle sans lettering (it looks 1000% better that way). There were stars around the upper shoulders and back in royal blue. Numbers on the back and upper sleeves were red with royal outline in the pro full block style used by Russell and Wilson. Pants were royal with a white/red/white stripe.

The red jerseys and socks were the reverse with white/royal/white striping. Same logo. Numbers were white with royal outline. Stars were white. Best looking uniform set they ever wore. But then I'm partial because the company I worked for sold the Amerks these uniforms through General Athletic of Greenville, Ohio.

As for the Red Wings. All-white or even a cream-colored home uniform with old St. Louis-style trim on the neck, placket, front, shoulders and sleeves. The pants were trimmed on the sides, belt loops and even the pocket flaps.

The lettering was chain-stitch embroidery "Red Wings" with a tail in scarlet with navy outline and was done by Liebe's in St. Louis. The numbers were red on navy on the lower front and back in Liebe's pro-style full block (Twins). They wore red sleeves, belts and red hose with actual, correct Cardinal striping. When they switched to Baltimore in '61 the accesories were switched to navy. The ball and wings logo adorned the left sleeve with the ball centered on the sleeve stripe. The cap I like was a navy crown with red visor, buttons and eyelets with a script "R" in red with white outline. I also like the ball-and-wings logo used in '65 ONLY (one set of wings).

Road uniforms were the exact reverse, only grey. Same lettering.

Both the Amerk uniforms and the Red Wing style I have described are both so classically plain they're perfect. They don't need BLACK or fancy, illegible fonts and logos.

But then again I've very, very, very old school. But these sets look great!

I'd say I want the Indians to go back to THESE... but really, I just want what it says to be TRUE!

al_1921_cleveland.gif

:woot: Those would be nice looking on the Tribe. Damn those Florida Marlins though. I still remember that game. :down: Too bad the Indians couldn't build on they're great season this year.

Archived