Which sports team needs new logos and uniforms

GregP1719

I'll offer you up one team each from NFL, MLB, and NBA.

NFL - While Ive always liked San Fran's appropriate colors, I think they can do much better than just the SF oval on the helmet.

MLB - I really dig the TC logo that the Twins use. But, the underlined M just seems kinda lame to me. Id like to see them keep the TC and incorporate it into a sleeker new logo. Could be tough, but like to see the possibilities.

NBA - I preferred the old Sonics logo that featured the Space Needle in the logo. If they could use that logo or one like it and just add in the green and gold colors, Id like to see what it turned out to look like.

Well, thats my two cents.

LibertyBowl.png

You know, I think I'd actually say that EVERY team I root for needs new uniforms and/or logos, except for maybe the Cleveland Cavaliers.

1) Buffalo Bills - I'd love to say they need new logos, but I can NOT imagine what they would use instead, so I guess we're stuck with the swooshy bison. But they DESPERATELY need new unis. Something classic, and understated. Like the throwbacks they wore for a couple of games last year. Put the swooshy bison on the helmet, darken up the blue, and you've got a winner.

2) Buffalo Sabres - Luckily, they are taking care of this during this offseason. I just hope they do right by the fans and give us something we can like.

3) Ohio State Buckeyes - OK, this one is just because they (for some reason) CHANGED their classic look. Don't change! Don't change! Oh, they changed. *sigh*

4) Cleveland Indians - This one is tough for me. I could not be more conflicted about this one. I hate change. I love that their name is traditional, their logo has been around for decades, and their uniforms are clean, uncluttered and classic looking. That being said, I can't wear my Indians hat to work, because I run the risk of offending co-workers who are of Native North American descent. And God-forebid I go to my wife's hometown, near a mohawk reserve in Ontario, and walk ANYWHERE in town sporting Chief Wahoo. And frankly, I'm getting tired of wearing just the wimpy script I cap everywhere. I don't like the Script I, it's a weak logo. I want the team to have a name and logo I can proudly display anywhere without running the risk of having someone react badly to it (well, if they're White Sox fans and react badly to it, that's something else... they deserve it! ha ha).

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Without question - The Florida Panthers (NHL) need an updated look.

Just bring back the Red jersey as the full time home and ditch the boring blue, problem solved.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Panthers are fine in my book, it's my Lightning that need an overhaul. Keep the colors (they work well with the name Lightning) but so much more can be done with a name and colors like they have.

When it comes to the NBA, the answer is the Clippers. That Laker-copycat logo has to go.

For the NFL, I'll say its a 3 way tie between Washington (go to the 70th anniversary throwbacks), Green Bay (make to gold metallic), and Buffalo (just do something different)

In MLB, my choice wold be Toronto (keep the logo, use more blue), the Mets (lose the black) and the Nationals (go a little old school)

New Uniforms...

NFL: Atlanta, Buffalo, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Arizona, Minnesota, Denver (all need to be "de-nikefied") and Seattle (just fix the monochrome thing). The Arena League/CFL/High School look is "modern" and it appeals to the kids I suppose but this is The NFL and these teams should try to look the part. Imagine leaving Michigan, Ohio State, USC, etc. and getting drafted by a team that wears clown suits like Matt Leinart or Donte Whitner did.

MLB: Colorado, Arizona, Houston, Toronto, Minnesota. The Twins aren't awful but I don't know if there's a more boring uniform in all of sports. Houston is so far removed from their identity that it's almost silly to call them the Astros. Call me crazy but shouldn't a team called the Blue Jays have blue as a primary color? Colorado and Arizona. Just plain ugly. Try something else.

NBA: Don't watch enough to give a real opinion.

NHL: No serious complaints but the Panthers could use a new look.

BB52Big.jpg

MLB: Diamondbacks- Their look is outdated and overall is not a good package.

NFL: Bengals-Their attempt at modern turned out just plain fugly.

NBA: Clippers-Their logo is generic and their uniforms are even more generic.

NHL: Bruins- need to change to old set.

MLS: Revolution-Update the logo to something more soccer-esque.

The Panthers are fine in my book, it's my Lightning that need an overhaul. Keep the colors (they work well with the name Lightning) but so much more can be done with a name and colors like they have.

When it comes to the NBA, the answer is the Clippers. That Laker-copycat logo has to go.

For the NFL, I'll say its a 3 way tie between Washington (go to the 70th anniversary throwbacks), Green Bay (make to gold metallic), and Buffalo (just do something different)

In MLB, my choice wold be Toronto (keep the logo, use more blue), the Mets (lose the black) and the Nationals (go a little old school)

i dont know what is wrong with the packers uniforms that everybody seems to hate so much. I think they're fine

CFL--dump RBK and get rid of all the piping.

NHL--Canucks need a different logo.

--Oilers need a logo without a drip & a 70's font

--Lightning-see reasons given by others

NFL--Denver--better than the previous ones--but those side stripes are not visually appealing.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Tampa Bay Lightning. Big time. The color scheme could be nicer, but would be OK as is. The Clip Art logo HAS to go. The uniform design is pretty bland. Sure it may be a traditional style design, but they're an expansion team (well 10 years, but still) they could get away with going with a stylish look. There's some interested potential in their look too. They need an overhaul.

I agree with whoever said Boston could use an update. They aren't bad, but the current jersey set is probably the worst of what they have. I'd love to see them adopt the vintage they wore a few times as a full time look. Those jerseys are really classy.

I'd like to see edmonton ditch the crappy colors and go back to the true blue and orange again.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little uniformity in Ottawa's scheme. I'd like too see a home and road in the 3rd jersey style.

Otherwise I would've said Buffalo should go Blue and Gold and Washington could use some nicer jerseys, but those are both in the works.

Teams who need new logos

NFL - New York Jets, Baltimore Ravens

NHL - New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, Columbus Blue Jackets

NBA - Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, Charlotte Bobcats

MLB - No complaints about any

Team that new Uniforms

NBA - Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves, New Jersey Nets

NHL - Tampa Bay Lightning

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays, Cincinnati Reds, Arizona Diamondbacks, Pittsburgh Priates

NFL - New York Giants, New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens

Buffalo Bills - get rid of the piping and double blue, etc. Remember how the Seahawks and Jacksonville Bulls had the wrap around logos on the sleeves? Do the same with the charging bill.

Toronto Argos - the previous look with Jason the Argo on both shoulders is definitely one of my favorite jerseys in my collection.

Archived