All Star game team set up.

HatManTC

i just turned on the Mlb Futures game, they are doing the Hockey all star game set up USA/north america vs. the world. in your opinion how should all star game teams be decided. by leagues or countries.

MLB/NFL/NBA style: league a vs. league b

or

NHL style: North America vs World

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

MLB: American League vs. National League

NFL: AFC vs. NFC

NBA & NHL: Western Conference vs. Eastern Conference

I was never a fan of the NHL's North America vs. World All-Star Game. It doesn't make sense for teammates to be foes for a league event.

I was never a fan of the NHL's North America vs. World All-Star Game. It doesn't make sense for teammates to be foes for a league event.

Exactly, and the first year they changed the NHL back to the East vs. West format, it went to overtime and then a shootout if I remember correctly.

i just turned on the Mlb Futures game, they are doing the Hockey all star game set up USA/north america vs. the world. in your opinion how should all star game teams be decided. by leagues or countries.

actually it is USA v. the World in the Futures game, there are Canadian guys on thw World team.

actually it is USA v. the World in the Futures game, there are Canadian guys on thw World team.

i know i am just using it as a referance mainly.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

If they went the USA v World route in the MLB it would have to revert to an exhibition, which I would be OK with. Home Field Advantage should be awarded to the team with the best record. I think this would be a good idea to hype up the WBC in 2010 or whatever.

I prefer the league to league conference to conference format myself, the U.S. vs. the world format always came off as too gimmicky for me. Just my 2 cents.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I don't like it either. If I want to see countries represented, I'll watch the World Cup or the Olympics. The AHL continues to push the Planet USA vs. Canada in the All-Star Game, it loses part of the fun to cheer against players on your team.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i'm with everyone i prefer the conference v. conference, league v. league over the NA v. World. the NA versus the World was just silly.

i do have a question for the na/world match. what if the nhl had all stars from Mexico, central america, the carribean and the bahamas, would they be on North America or World?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

All star games--especially mid season ones, are useless--a bunch of players trying not to get hurt--the level of play is subpar.

Now a skills competition can be fun-but leave the game out.

It's more a promotional tool. but it doesn't always get used that way.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i like east/west...

i disliked north america vs. the world...

i know who to cheer for, when it's west vs. east... but one year, if i recall, the world team had more dallas players than the north americans, so i obviously wanted to cheer for the stars players...

i want to say it was modano injured, and lehtinen and/or zubov on the world team.

i do have a question for the na/world match. what if the nhl had all stars from Mexico, central america, the carribean and the bahamas, would they be on North America or World?

Mexico is a definite part of North America.

Since Central America/Latin America isn't considered it's own continent, they are still considered North America. The border between North and South is the Panama-Columbia border.

The first year they went eith it, it was to promote the Olympics. I was cool with it for every Olympic year, I'm glad they switched it back. But now they won't play an All Star game during Olympic years :cursing:

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I was never a fan of the NHL's North America vs. World All-Star Game.  It doesn't make sense for teammates to be foes for a league event.

The first year they went eith it, it was to promote the Olympics. I was cool with it for every Olympic year, I'm glad they switched it back. But now they won't play an All Star game during Olympic years :cursing:

The Olympics are like having 10 days of All-Star Games.....

i do have a question for the na/world match.  what if the nhl had all stars from Mexico, central america, the carribean and the bahamas, would they be on North America or World?

Mexico is a definite part of North America.

Since Central America/Latin America isn't considered it's own continent, they are still considered North America. The border between North and South is the Panama-Columbia border.

Actually Latin America includes South America.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived