2006 NFL Playoff Teams

rebelx

Alright, so I'm having some trouble figuring out who is likeliest to make the playoffs this coming season, and I thought that some people here could give their opinions. Here's my personal take:

NFC:

Division Winners: Seattle, Chicago, Carolina, Washington

Wild Cards: NYG, Arizona

AFC:

Division Winners: Denver, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, New England

Wild Cards: Cincinnati, Jacksonville

Comments, anyone?

Alright, so I'm having some trouble figuring out who is likeliest to make the playoffs this coming season, and I thought that some people here could give their opinions. Here's my personal take:

NFC:

Division Winners: Seattle, Chicago, Carolina, Washington

Wild Cards: NYG, Arizona

AFC:

Division Winners: Denver, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, New England

Wild Cards: Cincinnati, Jacksonville

Comments, anyone?

Never, ever pick the Cardinals to win anything.

Put aside my Packer bias..... but does anyone else feel the Bears are going to come crashing back to earth? And does anyone else think the Dolphins are the most overrated undderrated team ever?

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Put aside my Packer bias..... but does anyone else feel the Bears are going to come crashing back to earth?

No. Who else in the NFC North is ready to challenge them? Out of the other three, Minnesota is clearly the best, but even they don't have all the necessary pieces in place just yet.

I'm going to revise my predictions about the AFC, because upon closer inspection, I realized that Jacksonville may not be a playoff team this year after all. I'd go with Miami for the other wild card, with Kansas City and Baltimore probably giving the Dolphins a run for their money.

Put aside my Packer bias..... but does anyone else feel the Bears are going to come crashing back to earth? And does anyone else think the Dolphins are the most overrated undderrated team ever?

Overall it is a pretty weak division. Any team could win, but I think the Bears take it again because of their defense. But I would not be surprised if any of the 4 teams win it.

THE PACKERS WILL WIN THE NORTH.

Bears went 13-3, then only won, like, 5 the next season. Chicago can't pass, and their running game has gotten too predictable. The Vikings are a munch of thugs, and will not get anything done. Minny has a weak defense AND offense. If Brad Johnson gets hurt, they don't win 4 games. And the Lions are the Lions.

Green Bay has a young Defense with a great CB duo, very solid LBs, and some talent on the D-line. On the other side of the ball, they have Brett favre ( Need I say more?) Strong depth at TE, good potential at the runningback position, and a bunch of promising rookies at Guard and WRs. If healthy, they will win the north easily. But if the injurry bug bites them again, they are screwed. But that almost never happens two seasons in a row.

NFC Predictions

1. Seattle

2. Dallas

3. Carolina

4. Green Bay

5. New York

6. Atlanta

AFC Predictions

1. Indy

2. New England

3. Kansas City

4. Pittsburgh

5. Denver

6. Cinncy

brettfavre.png

Bears went 13-3, then only won, like, 5 the next season. Chicago can't pass, and their running game has gotten too predictable. The Vikings are a munch of thugs, and will not get anything done. Minny has a weak defense AND offense. If Brad Johnson gets hurt, they don't win 4 games. And the Lions are the Lions.

Green Bay has a young Defense with a great CB duo, very solid LBs, and some talent on the D-line. On the other side of the ball, they have Brett favre ( Need I say more?) Strong depth at TE, good potential at the runningback position, and a bunch of promising rookies at Guard and WRs. If healthy, they will win the north easily. But if the injurry bug bites them again, they are screwed. But that almost never happens two seasons in a row.

Biased much? I'm terribly sorry, but you can't win an argument with "Brett Farve" anymore. The way he played last year.."fogetabouit"

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

AFC

1. Indianapolis

2. Pittsburgh

3. Miami

4. Denver

5. Cincy

6. New England

NFC

1. Carolina

2. Seattle

3. Chicago

4. New York

5. Atlanta

6. Dallas

Playoff predictions

wild card

AFC

Miami over New England 21-17

Cinncy over Dever 31-28

NFC

Chicago over Dallas 24-21(ot)

Atlanta over NYG 35-24

divisional

AFC

Indy over Cinncy 42-31

Miami over Pittsburg 28-21(ot)

NFC

Carolina over Atlanta 24-17

Chicago over Seattle 17-10

Conference Championships

AFC

Miami over Indy 31-28

NFC

Chicago over Carolina 21-17

Super Bowl

Miami over Chicago 28-17

<*snip*>

But if the injurry bug bites them again, they are screwed. But that almost never happens two seasons in a row.

You don't feel as confident in them as you'd like to, do you?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

NFC East: Redskins (my bias may be showing)

NFC North: Bears

NFC West: Seahawks

NFC South: Panthers

Wild Cards: Giants, Falcons

AFC East: Dolphins

AFC North: Bengals

AFC West: Broncos

AFC South: Colts

Wild Cards: Patriots, Chargers

AFC

New England

Batlimore

Jacksonville

Kansas City

------

Indianapolis

Cleveland (surprise shocker pick)

NFC

Washington

Minnesota

Carolina

Seattle

-------

Dallas

Philadelphia

Man, how are good are the AFC North and NFC East? And how bad is the NFC North? I actually think my Pack has a got a chance, but at the risk of being called an extreme homer, I went Minny.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

AFC

New England

Batlimore

Jacksonville

Kansas City

------

Indianapolis

NFC

Washington

Minnesota

Carolina

Seattle

-------

Dallas

Philadelphia

Man, how are good are the AFC North and NFC East? And how bad is the NFC North? I actually think my Pack has a got a chance, but at the risk of being called an extreme homer, I went Minny.

You have our arch rivals making the playoffs?!?

brettfavre.png

NFC:

Division Winners: Seattle, Arizona, Carolina, Dallas

Wild Cards: NYG,

AFC:

Division Winners: Denver, Pittsburgh, Oakland, New England

Wild Cards: Cincinnati, Tennesse

I think that the colts won't make it this year

You do know that both Oakland & Denver can't win the AFC West, only one can.

The other teams in the Colts divison are Houston, Jacksonville & Tennessee.

I agree completely. I think the Bears are the classic one and done team, as evidenced on how badly schooled they were in the playoffs. I don't trust division winners of a bad division who lose that soundly.

Same with the Dolphins. Remember why the Vikings were so bad last year? Daunte Culpepper. All of a sudden, he's supposed to be good again? I'm not buying it.

It's the most important position and these are quarterbacks I don't trust anymore: Steve McNair, Daunte Culpepper, Brett Favre, Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, Drew Bledsoe, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, and Billy Volek.

Quarterbacks I do expect to have good seasons (based on individual previous seasons): Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, JP Losman (no, really!), Matt Hasselbeck, Ben Roethlisberger, Trent Green, and Brad Johnson.

That said, here are my playoff picks for 2006:

AFC East: New England Patriots

AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South: Indianapolis Colts

AFC West: Denver Broncos

Wild card: Buffalo Bills

Wild card: Kansas City Cheifs

NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles

NFC North: Minnesota Vikings

NFC South: Atlanta Falcons

NFC West: Seattle Seahawks

Wild card: Dallas Cowboys

Wild card: New Orleans Saints

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I disagree about the Dolphins being overrated. The key to Daunte's bad season was a the abscense of Scott Linehan, their old offensive co-ordinator, who went to Miami & a bad receiving corps.

Linehan's now in St. Louis after implimenting a similar system in Miami that they still retain. And now Miami has an offensive co-ordinator who even made Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox look good. They also have pro-bowl WR Chris Chambers, a top TE in Randy McMichael and a good pass catching RB in Ronnie Brown.

I think they're just fine, and in fact I think they'll even win the AFC East.

AFC Playoff teams:

Bengals

Colts

Dolphins

Broncos

Steelers

Patriots

Just Missed:

Chiefs (Age will catch up with them in the end)

Jaguars (Division is much tougher than last year)

Ravens (Jamal Lewis won't rebound from last year)

NFC Playoff Teams:

Seahawks

Giants

Panthers

Bears

Cowboys

Eagles

Just Missed:

Redskins (Brunell just isn't good enough anymore)

Cardinals (Offense improves but defense doesn't)

Falcons (Vick proves that his passing game is still sub-par)

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

AFC

New England

Batlimore

Jacksonville

Kansas City

------

Indianapolis

NFC

Washington

Minnesota

Carolina

Seattle

-------

Dallas

Philadelphia

You have our arch rivals making the playoffs?!?

The Bears and Vikings are both the Packers archrivals, but I just have a feeling Chicago wont get it done this year, and I think Detroit has the smallest chance of winning it out of all 4, so I went with Minnesota.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived