Which Cities Teams have the most traditional look

Gary

I would like to know your opinion. Which Cities professional teams have the most traditional clean look? My choice is Detroit, Detroit Tigers and their home uniforms, the Redwings and their nice traditional look, the Pistons with their Red, white and blue, and the Lions Honalulu Blue and Silver have always made Detroit my choice

Alright, I'll be a homer and say New York. The Giants/Jets wear traditional throwbacks and logos. The Rangers and Yankees looks are just classics, and the Mets, for the most part, look fairly traditional. Even the Islanders have clean, uncluttered jerseys. And the Knicks is a pretty sharp look, even though I'm embarrassed they're in NY.

Another vote for Chicago.

White Sox: Classic look. Current logo was first used on the 1949 uniforms.

Blackhawks: The indian head has been used in some form since the beginning of the franchise.

Bears: Pretty much the same look since the 50's.

Bulls: Logo/uniforms haven't changed much since the beginning.

Cubs: Haven't changed much since the 40's.

Detroit would be my second choice. New York is pretty classic too, especially if the Mets dropped all their black stuff.

New York's got tons of tradition since most of their teams follow that pattern The Mets put a knock on that though. I mean, even if I was gonna accept boatloads of black...you can't have those fading blue to black batting helmets and call it traditional. Also, the Knicks are very clean looking, but maybe not traditional.

Kansas City probably is the most traditional, but I dunno if they can win with two teams.

Chicago and Detroit probably top my list for tradition and at least 4 teams. I know the Lions added black, but it's still a traditional look if they avoid the black jersey.

St. Louis is pretty traditional itself. The Blues have a classic looking set. The Cardinals remain stunning and classic. And while the Rams look was original thought of as modern, with the side panels gone, it's settled into a traditional look. Navy and Gold were updates on the colors, but they don't have to be considered modern (see Notre Dame). Really only the logo and custom number font make the Rams uniforms something other than a traditional style.

Pittsburgh is close too. The Pirates are very traditional. The Steelers have had the same basic look for a long time now. The Pens now where a version of their original logo and have a pretty traditional jersey cut. Only thing modern is the vegas gold, but again, that doesn't automatically make the look modern.

I would say New York. The Rangers and Yankees really haven't gone too far away from tehir origional look. The Mets have too many uniforms but still have a classic road look. The knicks are a little updated but still don't go far from their origional look

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Another vote for Chicago.

White Sox: Classic look. Current logo was first used on the 1949 uniforms.

Blackhawks: The indian head has been used in some form since the beginning of the franchise.

Bears: Pretty much the same look since the 50's.

Bulls: Logo/uniforms haven't changed much since the beginning.

Cubs: Haven't changed much since the 40's.

Detroit would be my second choice. New York is pretty classic too, especially if the Mets dropped all their black stuff.

I second what Max said.

I give Chicago the edge because Detroit and New York messed up two of their classics by forcing black.

The Bulls added black jerseys, but that was always part of their color scheme, unlike the Mets and Lions. The Sox have been all over the place, but they now have settled on a classic look that will last at least two decades now.

I'd go with my homer choice of Chicago as well.

New York, as has been mentioned, has had two teams force black, and Detroit has the Lions with that problem as well. Throw in the Pistons '90's identity crisis, and I'm not sure they fall into any semblance of "traditional" anymore...

As to Pittsburgh, I must say, I love just about everything about all their town's sports unis. There are, however two main strikes against the city. First off, is that it isn't a four sport town. Second, the Pens (despite that I like their unis), don't scream tradition to me. I like that they went back to the skating Penguin crest, but the jersey template is too modern to fit into a contest for most traditional look.

Just my 2 cents...

Moose

Archived