And the Super Bowl XLI halftime performer is...

Roger Clemente

I have alwals been a Prince apologists, but I think it a couple years too late. "Musicology" was a much better album than "2131". That said, we will hear more of the 1980's stuff. Seeing the pre-game show in HD might be worth that investment.

Prince is a lot like Miles Davis or U2 -- he'll always be current. I can't see him playing a 1999 dog and pony show; he seems to be doing fresh things all of the time. I think he's a fine choice for the halftime show.

However, why can't they do something like Big & Rich or Aerosmith again? Football appeals to all races, all income levels and all education levels in the country, so I would guess that bringing music entertainment that appeals to the broadest swath would be the best idea. Namely, classic rock-ish type sounds. This doesn't mean trotting out the Rolling Stones, however. Maybe Bruce Springsteen? He might be too cool to do it.

But Cirque Du Soleil? That's fine, I guess, but it's kind of insulting to the common fan. It's like when Larry Flynt was complaing about Playboy in "The People Vs. Larry Flynt." When Playboy mentions hi-fi stereos in a skin mag, they're acting condescending towards their audience. Cirque du Soleil seems to be a comparably bad idea.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

DEAD! needs to post on this thread.

Outside of that, I want Prince to sing "Darling Nikki" during halftime so that Tipper Gore, every single television executive, and every NFL bigwig will have a heart attack and drop dead at once.

In lieu of that request: Assless pants. And a dunk contest, with pancakes served afterward.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hmmmmm, I wonder what he'll sing if it's a Vikings-Ravens matchup?

Can't say I'm looking forward to Circque Du Soleil, but Prince should put on a hell of a show at halftime. I'm a fan.

DEAD! needs to post on this thread.

I already have, but the topic title is too long to fit on the main page in order for it say "And the Super Bowl XLI halftime performer is... DEAD!" ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived