Titans Light Blue Pants?

tjpskillz34

I went to the Titans-Broncos game this weekend and was hoping to see some new light blue pants for Tennessee, but I was disappointed.

I know we discussed this on the board a while back, but I don't remember.

Was that just a rumor or did we have confirmation that they will have those pants for this year?

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

Someone posted a graphic from the NFL Style Guide (it also might have been on UniWatch, I don't remember). It was pertaining to the belt covers that some teams wear, as the Titans do. There were 3 graphics shown of the Titans pants. White, Navy, and light blue.

While the Titans haven't actually worn the light blue pants, they are listed in the Style Guide as official uniform pants.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

as teh old saying goes, if pants are made but they're never worn, did they ever exist? :D

I mention that in thinking about the Rams and Jaguars each having one set of pants that were never worn, and currently having a set that hasn't been worn yet. the Rams case, the 2000-01 seasons they had navy pants with a short gold stripe available, but reportedly Mad Mike hated the look. I don't blame him, as the once-worn white versions of these pants looked like crap. Last season, they added white pants with a navy-gold-navy stripe, though they have yet to wear them.

The Jags replaced one set of unworn teal pants (with the same striping as the home pants) with another set of teal pants with a jaguar head at each hip like the black pants. Like their predecessors, the current teal pants have never been worn.

time shall tell if the Titans rock the light blue pants...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Someone posted a graphic from the NFL Style Guide (it also might have been on UniWatch, I don't remember). It was pertaining to the belt covers that some teams wear, as the Titans do. There were 3 graphics shown of the Titans pants. White, Navy, and light blue.

While the Titans haven't actually worn the light blue pants, they are listed in the Style Guide as official uniform pants.

21446459910782206d3ojw0.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Truth.

(returning to lurk-mode)

I knew you couldn't stay away, you love us! :P

Hope all is well, Donovan.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Truth.

(returning to lurk-mode)

For the record... PANTONE is member No. 7.

That may have NEVER been mentioned on this board, so I figured I'd bring that up...

And that I think the light blue pants look better, in the concept, with the white jerseys.

Truth.

(returning to lurk-mode)

you just made my day, pantone...

and it was just mentioned as a concept... if you all remember, there was also a blurb in the nashville tennessean, mentioning a probably return to "love ya blue" pants.

If the Titans adopt the "Luv Ya Blue" from the Oilers it would be a huge slap in the face to Houston. But I admit it would be hilarioous for the Titans to wear the light blue jersey/white pants against the Texans!

By the way, I feel like Luke Skywalker lying in the snow on Hoth when it comes to PANTONE, although instead of crying "BENNNNN!" it's "PANTOOOOOONE!!"

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived