Madden 07

Botiger

Today I got Madden 07 for 360. I really like the actual gameplay. The graphics are beautiful. I am a little disappointed because they left off the create-a-team feature. They finally got the Bengals' numbers right this year. I haven't seen many other teams yet so I don't know if there are any mess-ups like there usually are. It also bothers me that, like NCAA 07, you don't have any alternate unis. You can supposedly get them off the Marketplace but I tried to and could not. Does anyone know when you will be able to get these extra unis?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grabbed it for basic xbox. Not too shabby. Superstar mode is a helluva lot more fun now. Better animations, a few updates. Expected better, but accept what I got based on the fact that I have an older console.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've only played one game, a preseason game, but here's what I've seen so far:

EA still uses Helvetica for nameplates on jerseys on the PS2 version. ESPN got it right a few years ago, not sure why EA remains ignorant about it.

The referees' knickers have thick black stripes down the sides. I have no idea where this came from, as the knickers should be solid white.

The Patriots have an alternate road uniforms where the pants are a slightly lighter blue. It's barely noticeable, I've never seen this before, and seems unnecessary if the color shift is so minor.

Atlanta has 12 alternate uniforms.

Martin Gramatica was wearing an old Terry Bradshaw-type face mask.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The game itself is pretty nice, but I am still very frustrated that they seem to have gotten comfortable with the Create-a-Team feature and have made basically no changes in 3 years. I love to use this feature to recreate teams from my fantasy league, or to try to create a better uniform for my favorite NFL team, the Bills, but the feature is just sadly behind what it could be. You could not recreate any current NFL uniform, not even the Browns, because they still have so many uniform items automatically tied to other elements (helmet stripe depends on pants color, pants stripe depends on jersey color.)

I know this is low priority for them, but it could not take too much work for them to update this feature once in a while. I would love to see them separate out more elements so that they are independent, and maybe give us some more templates (Broncos, Colts, Falcons, etc)

I noticed that the in game commentary is done like a radio broadcast and Maddens voice is not even included. How lazy has he gotten, the game now has almost no affiliation with him.

I noticed that the in game commentary is done like a radio broadcast and Maddens voice is not even included. How lazy has he gotten, the game now has almost no affiliation with him.

When you hear the same Michaels and Madden commentary for four years in a row, I think it's refreshing that they have someone other than Madden doing the talking. How many years in a row must I hear "That's why he's a linebacker and not a receiver". Same with NCAA - way too repetitive year to year.

And one day, EA will change the PA voice as well - that guy's been in the game since at least '97.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I didn't see NCAA listed for Gamecube on the EA website, so I just assumed they weren't putting it out. I don't go to the video game store often, but I'll call around.

The Gamecube is actually my favorite system. It's so easy to play with that controller, and the graphics are just as good as any besides the 360.

When you say no alts does the mean like No blue panthers, red giants, orange bears, black lions, etc....?

No alts for 360.

they will have them for download.

Also the Jags black pants are wrong. They have the teal strip going down the side. How they could screw this up is beyond me seeing that this set didnt exist in 360's lifetime.

Archived