COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2007

BloodAtFirstBite

Miami - 20

Duke - 15

Under 2 minutes left, but Duke has ball, or will after a Miami punt, anyway.

Would losing this game be more or less embarassing than what transpired against FIU?

Duke nearly pulled it out. They had the ball inside the Miami 10 with less than 10 seconds to go. The last play was intercepted at the goaline though.

Also from the ACC:

NC State- 20

Maryland- 26

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drop Notre Dame now -- very poor performance against UCLA. Can't be ranked in the top 10 with losses like that against a Pac-10 opponent.

EDIT: Apparently, Notre Dame found some way to win. Still not worthy of a BCS bid - they don't play anyone in-conference. Can we please get a proposal that says the 10 BCS teams are 6 top from the BCS conferences, 1 top from a non-BCS conference, and three 2nd-place teams from BCS conferences? Completely fair, as it allows that one non-BCS team will make it to the BCS every year.

LvZYtbZ.png

That was a classic moment for U-Dub at the end of regulation. Those plays never work...

As for Notre Dame, what can you say? They keep winning, much to the shagrin of willmorris and his strong anti-Irish feelings.

That was a classic moment for U-Dub at the end of regulation. Those plays never work...

As for Notre Dame, what can you say? They keep winning, much to the shagrin of willmorris and his strong anti-Irish feelings.

Sorry, Seadragon, but when you can't beat anyone in conference, you don't deserve to be top 10.

LvZYtbZ.png

Sorry, Seadragon, but when you can't beat anyone in conference, you don't deserve to be top 10.

But they go undefeated in conference every year. Dosen't that deserve something. :P

saBS.png

Time to roll out a legitimate look at how the bowls would shape up if the season would end today.

BCS TITLE GAME: Ohio State (Big Ten Leader) v Michigan (At-Large)

Rose Bowl: USC (Pac-10 Leader) v West Virginia (Big East Leader)

Sugar Bowl: Arkansas (SEC Leader) v Louisville (At-Large)

Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech (ACC Leader) v Auburn (At-Large)

Fiesta Bowl: Texas (Big XII Leader) v Boise State (WAC Leader/AQ)

To explain:

OSU is considered the leader of the Big Ten due to the "Rose Bowl Rule", disqualifying Michigan.

USC is considered the leader of the Pac-10 due to being ranked higher than Cal.

WVU is considered the leader of the Big East due to being ranked higher than Louisville and Rutgers.

Georgia Tech is the leader of the ACC due to head to head over Maryland and being ranked higher than Miami. Clemson and Wake Forest are eliminated due to having a loss vs. a 1 loss team in their division. Boston College is eliminated due to having more losses in division than Maryland. Due to Georgia Tech being ranked below Boise State, and Boise State being in the top 16, Boise State gets an automatic bid.

National title game takes #1 OSU and #2 Michigan.

Rose Bowl gets #3 USC, Sugar Bowl gets #13 Arkansas, Fiesta Bowl gets #7 Texas, and Orange Bowl gets #24 Georgia Tech, by contractual agreement.

Since the Rose Bowl lost the Big Ten leader to the title game, they take the next best eligible, #4 West Virginia.

The Sugar Bowl gets the next choice. Rather than taking #5 Auburn or #6 Florida, they take #8 Louisville, to avoid setting up a conference rematch in the bowl game.

Then the Orange Bowl chooses. They choose #5 Auburn, the best team left on the board.

Finally, the Fiesta Bowl is required to take #15 Boise State, as they are an automatic qualifier.

LvZYtbZ.png

The Kansas Dept. of Education is invesigating a 'segregation case' against a 4th grade teacher in Manhattan, Kansas. See picture below for reason charges may be brought against her.

KU_KSUsegregation.jpg

You be the Judge!!!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk - Go KU !!!

Kansas_Jayhawks_med.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

That does not look right

Admittedly, it does not. There's a whole lot of football left to be played, and for one thing, we know that both OSU and Michigan won't make the national title game at the end. Second, I'm pretty sure that Arkansas will not win the SEC, though I must include them as SEC leader as the only undefeated team left.

LvZYtbZ.png

But they go undefeated in conference every year. Dosen't that deserve something. :P

Notre Dame has a coference? Who else is in it, Buffalo and Duke?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

If that was the case, Buffalo and Duke would cry foul every year.

Anyway, those are some good predictions for the BCS bowls, but there is still games to be played before it's all final.

I havn't posted any D-II stuff in a while, and I don't know if anyone cares, but the team I do Public Address for - Bemidji State (my sig) has started 4-0 in the NSIC for the first time in school history (their 3-0 start in conference was the first since 1959, the last time they won the conference title, back when it was just called the NIC, before merging with the NSC). Anyway, BSU hosts the other undefeated team, #19 Winona State @ 6-1 overall, and also 4-0 NSIC this Saturday at historic and picturesque Chet Anderson Stadium.

Just thought I'd share what is the best football story in Bemidji since I've been here...

Moose

A little late in posting this, but BSU destroyed Winona 28-7 Saturday, to take 1st place all alone in the NSIC... Now 4th place Southwest Minn. State comes to town this Sat. for the final home game of the year...

Moose

The Kansas Dept. of Education is invesigating a 'segregation case' against a 4th grade teacher in Manhattan, Kansas. See picture below for reason charges may be brought against her.

KU_KSUsegregation.jpg

You be the Judge!!!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk - Go KU !!!

Kansas_Jayhawks_med.gif

3-5

Last place in the Big XII North

Choke job loss to Baylor on Saturday

My verdict -- NOT GUILTY

This just in, Navy's running roughshod over Notre Dame... hasn't shown up much on the scoreboard but how does Notre Dame expect to challenge for a BCS bid when they're giving up almost 300 yards of rushing?

They're winning 31-14, though. What is it with you and your Super Anti Notre Dame bias? I mean, I don't like Notre Dame, but I'ma give em respect when it's due.

And besides, running the ball is the only way Navy ever moves the ball. When's the last time you've heard the phrase "Navy's aereal attack has really devastated 'so-and-so's' defense today!"

:P

This just in, Navy's running roughshod over Notre Dame... hasn't shown up much on the scoreboard but how does Notre Dame expect to challenge for a BCS bid when they're giving up almost 300 yards of rushing?

They're winning 31-14, though. What is it with you and your Super Anti Notre Dame bias? I mean, I don't like Notre Dame, but I'ma give em respect when it's due.

And besides, running the ball is the only way Navy ever moves the ball. When's the last time you've heard the phrase "Navy's aereal attack has really devastated 'so-and-so's' defense today!"

:P

Did we note that the Navy quarterback has completed half his passes?

LvZYtbZ.png

38-14 Notre Dame.

Navy averages 316.6 Rushing Yards per game.

It takes two seconds to do a little bit of research and not sound so ignorant.

Oh, and the Navy QB has completed half of his passes... he's 2 for 4.

IUe6Hvh.png

One of these days Navy's going to beat Notre Dame... :(

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived