NFL CBS graphics

Mr. Krabs

hmmm.. the score to the left of the team abbrevations on the upper-right corner will take some getting used to :blink:

.... and wow. The Bills scored quickly....

I'm watching the Ravens-Bucs games and the score is in the same place as it usually is in relation to to the team.

The new Fox NFL Pregame is horrible. They lost JB & Jillian, and switched to the outdoor format, as well as acquiring the worst sports host in the country in Joe Buck. It's weak as hell, I was thoroughly bored by the entire broadcast (outside of Caliendo's JB slam).

The CBS pregame wasn't bad, I enjoy the new set, but I don't like the crew outside of JB.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The new Fox NFL Pregame is horrible. They lost JB & Jillian, and switched to the outdoor format, as well as acquiring the worst sports host in the country in Joe Buck. It's weak as hell, I was thoroughly bored by the entire broadcast (outside of Caliendo's JB slam).

The CBS pregame wasn't bad, I enjoy the new set, but I don't like the crew outside of JB.

Totally agree. Fox seemed to be getting worse last season and now this season its just terrible. Joe Buck sucks, they have Ford ads all over the place, they're outside all the time and its just boring. I was leaning to ESPN but CBS's pregame show was really well done today.

The new FOX in-game overlay is just awful...

...Font is too narrow, the info is really barely legible...it's too small to focus on in comparison to the screen...their overlay last year was much better...

I'm watching on HDTV, and it looks OK. If it were on analog, I imagine it would look like crap.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Totally agree. Fox seemed to be getting worse last season and now this season its just terrible. Joe Buck sucks, they have Ford ads all over the place, they're outside all the time and its just boring. I was leaning to ESPN but CBS's pregame show was really well done today.

Fox is obviously trying to mimic the ESPN College Gameday atmosphere but I just don't think it works at NFL games. I agree though, I thought the FOX Pre Game was weak. They all just seem to goof around for an hour instead presenting information. Jimmy Johnson is ridiculous and Terry Bradshaw thinks he's a stand-up comic. I like Joe Buck but not as a host. He's much better just doing the play-by-play.

And I'm glad they decided to get rid of the dots on the scoreboard. That might have been the worst decision in TV history. Whoever signed off on that idea should be fired (if they weren't already).

I dig the new CBS package.

Fox is obviously trying to mimic the ESPN College Gameday atmosphere but I just don't think it works at NFL games. I agree though, I thought the FOX Pre Game was weak. They all just seem to goof around for an hour instead presenting information. Jimmy Johnson is ridiculous and Terry Bradshaw thinks he's a stand-up comic. I like Joe Buck but not as a host. He's much better just doing the play-by-play.

And I'm glad they decided to get rid of the dots on the scoreboard. That might have been the worst decision in TV history. Whoever signed off on that idea should be fired (if they weren't already).

Yeah, the FOX pre-game was a wicked rip-off of ESPN's College GameDay (Built by the Home Depot, of course lol). It works for ESPN and college football in general because the energy at college games is different than that of an NFL game, IMO.

I like the CBS scoreboard graphics - clean, simple, and not a floating scoreblob like on ESPN MNF...

I now like CBS's pre-game too. So far, CBS gets a thumbs up early in the season. GOOD JOB CBS! :D

People might as well get used to it CBS is #1 when it comes to pro football coverage the best graphics, best matchups, best studio team and the best opening theme of all time up to date (minus Ike Taylor getting stiff armed by McGahee on the opening).

Nfltoday2006.jpg

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I am a huge fan of NBC's show. I love the post game show, and their in-game graphics package.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, the FOX pre-game was a wicked rip-off of ESPN's College GameDay (Built by the Home Depot, of course lol). It works for ESPN and college football in general because the energy at college games is different than that of an NFL game, IMO.

I like the CBS scoreboard graphics - clean, simple, and not a floating scoreblob like on ESPN MNF...

I now like CBS's pre-game too. So far, CBS gets a thumbs up early in the season. GOOD JOB CBS! :D

I think they're doing on location outside because they want Joe Buck to be the host and still be able to announce games. So since he was doing the cowboys-jaguars game they had to have the pre-game in jacksonville.

I'll use joe bucks own words to describe FOX's pregame,

"that is a disgusting act, and its unfortunate that we had that on our air live"

Archived