Observations watching today's games.

sacker12

I've noticed a few things watching today's NFL games.

1. I see that the NFL shield is on the 25 yard line in between the sidelines and the yard numbers.

2. It almost looks like, if I saw right, that some teams have to using stretch twill letters. I was watching the Titans game today, and they had a shot of Kerry Collins on the sidelines. It looked like the sun refracted off of the numerals a little odd, not like it would off of twill. It almost looked like it refracted the same it would off of spandex, which is what Nike uses for their sew-on numerals on the high-tech jerseys. It almost looked like Reebok came up with a similar material for numerals, maybe tackle twill infused with spandex. I may be wrong, but that is what it looked like to me.

It looks like Dick Jauron will have the Bills wearing their uniforms as they're supposed to be worn. That's great news so far. In the proper attire, the Bills are 1-1 and this season and one quarter away from being 2-0. Not bad at all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1. I see that the NFL shield is on the 25 yard line in between the sidelines and the yard numbers.

2. It almost looks like, if I saw right, that some teams have to using stretch twill letters. I was watching the Titans game today, and they had a shot of Kerry Collins on the sidelines. It looked like the sun refracted off of the numerals a little odd, not like it would off of twill. It almost looked like it refracted the same it would off of spandex, which is what Nike uses for their sew-on numerals on the high-tech jerseys. It almost looked like Reebok came up with a similar material for numerals, maybe tackle twill infused with spandex. I may be wrong, but that is what it looked like to me.

titans have reflective numbers... at least the outlines.

the baby blue outline is the same kind of shine as the shoulders.

at least on my authentic, and in a couple pics i've seen.

My observation is that the Redskins look strange wearing the burgundy jerseys and white pants anymore, and that in High Def, the Cowboys mismatch is even worse that I ever thought.

VmWIn6B.png

My observation is that the Redskins look strange wearing the burgundy jerseys and white pants anymore, and that in High Def, the Cowboys mismatch is even worse that I ever thought.

Blasphemy!! They looked gorgeous, and it was only enhanced IMHO by the indoor lighting-does something to some uniforms to make em look extra sweet. What they DO look strange in is all white, and by strange I mean awful.

And I thought the Lions pants looked pretty darn shiny myself. And I agree, their colors look phenomenal on a sunny day-too bad they have a dome...

I noticed that too watching the Broncos/Chiefs game.. Normally, the Broncos would only paint the NFL shield on field for playoffgames etc..

But I also noticed they did not paint the "NFL Kickoff" logo anywhere on the field like they have done in past seasons.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Has there ever been a team with less uniform socks than the Redskins last night?

Some guys had full length burgundy socks with no white at all, while others had extremely high whites.

I really like the full length colored sock look, so I'm not complaining some that guys wore it. It's just that the team's sock look was so spotty looking overall.

The Cowboys were certainly a mismatched bunch of players in HD. Terrell Owens' pants were not even in the same shade as the O Line. In fact, his stripes were much narrower too. It was as if he was wearing the road gray as opposed to the home "silver-green".

What was the reason any one know?

One of the Chicago papers said the Bears had to declare their jersey choices during the summer. They figured in the potential for warm weather in the middle of September, and decided to go with the white for the first home game, just as they did last season.

Archived