Jersey Wearing Rules

spyboy1

I know you can't get one online from most retailers, but if you could get one made, where does getting a Falcons #7 w/ "Mexico" on the back fit into these rules.....

Well if you wear that into Ralph Wilson Stadium you will have it confiscated(sp?) or you will be kicked out.

Last year people with it were thrown out of the stadium becuase they didn't want to take 'em off. :mad:

saBS.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to plead guilty to breaking the rules. About 4 or 5 Christmasses ago I got an Ottawa Senators red jersey. Now since I got this jersey the Sens have slightly updated this jersey (they made the face of the senator white, while mine is more skin coloured). So last Christmass my dad got the #3, Chara and an A put on the jersey. There are 2 problems with this. 1st of all he's no longer on Ottawa and he wasn't an assistant captain while wearing this jersey. This Christmass I am planning on getting a Wild alt. and I am thinking on just keeping it blank.

Anywho, I think it's tacky to put your last name or #'s like 69 on a jersey but I think it's clever to have jersey's like a Yankees "Costanza" or a Indians "Vaughn".

So, riddle me this:

Is it acceptable to get a jersey, and just put a number on it with no name?  I have several jerseys, and most have numbers, but no names... (except a minor league hockey jersey where the place I had the numbers put on also put my name... so, not my fault...)

hjwii

Only if the team didn't use nameplates. I saw a vintage Leafs jersey once with 6 on the back and no "BARILKO" nameplate, I wanted to hug the guy for keeping it authentic.

Except Barilko was #5.

#6 was Ace Bailey and Ron Ellis.

So, riddle me this:

Is it acceptable to get a jersey, and just put a number on it with no name?  I have several jerseys, and most have numbers, but no names... (except a minor league hockey jersey where the place I had the numbers put on also put my name... so, not my fault...)

hjwii

Only if the team didn't use nameplates. I saw a vintage Leafs jersey once with 6 on the back and no "BARILKO" nameplate, I wanted to hug the guy for keeping it authentic.

Except Barilko was #5.

I want to get the 1950 Leafs sweater and get a 5 on it and wanted to put 10 C on the authentic 1967 Leafs jersey but I'm having a horrible time finding one in a L. I also wanted to put 7 on it for Horton but I thought 10 C would be a lot more cool, gotta love the Cheif!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So, riddle me this:

hjwii

Except Barilko was #5.

I want to get the 1950 Leafs sweater and get a 5 on it and wanted to put 10 C on the authentic 1967 Leafs jersey but I'm having a horrible time finding one in a L. I also wanted to put 7 on it for Horton but I thought 10 C would be a lot more cool, gotta love the Cheif!!

I want a BOWER #1.

this guys a dumbass... while he has some valid points he must have daddys money to buy an authentic jersey. Alot of people either cant afford a 250 dollar jersey or most people would buy something useful for 250 dollars. who is he to make up these rules?

Lets Go Rangers22819686.jpg

mesds.png

My Website I dont really care if it sucks www.freewebs.com/jjway

this guys a dumbass... while he has some valid points he must have daddys money to buy an authentic jersey. Alot of people either cant afford a 250 dollar jersey or most people would buy something useful for 250 dollars. who is he to make up these rules?

So what if some people buy Authentics? I personally like it, and who cares what other people spend to buy themselves things they like? I'm proud to say I like buying Authentics because I CAN'T stand replica NHL jerseys for the reason that they glue on all the patches. I like mine stiched and that is why I'll dish out the money for one. I only own 1 real Authentic that I bought full price, one I bought for $100 off ($150), three, two in mint condition and one in decent shape for $25 a piece. Don't rag on others just because they like to spend their money on things that make them happy.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I like a lot of the rules and follow most of them. But there's being a little too anal.. I don't like people putting their own names on an authentic... but on a replica? not as big a deal.

I have seem some odd ones though:

There's a guy that regularily comes into my work that butchered 2 authentics... an authentic Oilers 80s jersey and an authentic team canada Nagano and sewed them together to make a half-and-half Gretzky. Putrid!

Where I used to sit at Oilers games, there was a guy with a jersey that said PUCKSTOPPERS. The back # was 35, with 31 and 30 on the arms. Pretty dumb, I think. To each their own..

I myself have an authentic Team canada 2002 with EIGHTEEN on the name bar and 67 as the number, recognizing the year of confederation. Also has 18 on one sleeve and 67 on the other. Is this any better than my previous example? I think so. but lots of people wouldn't.

To add a point to some people though: I like authentic, I think they look better and they'll definitely last longer. The catch is player trades. Luckily, my oldest jersey has never changed (Koivu, montreal Red), other than the manufacturer. My Oilers Home has, however. But, with some patience and a good cresting company, you can take the old numbers/names off yourself and have them put on something new. People told me that it wouldn't work and would look stupid, but with new styles of jerseys coming out next year, and Lupul joining this year, I wasn't sure what to do. So I took my old Niinimaa, took off the name and numbers myself, and brought it in to get Lupul put on it. You wouldn't be able to tell it's an old jersey, other than the fact that it's not RBK. So go ahead and splurge for an authentic, cause if a player gets traded it's not really that hard to get it changed.

I know you can't get one online from most retailers, but if you could get one made, where does getting a Falcons #7 w/ "Mexico" on the back fit into these rules.....

Well if you wear that into Ralph Wilson Stadium you will have it confiscated(sp?) or you will be kicked out.

Last year people with it were thrown out of the stadium becuase they didn't want to take 'em off. :mad:

I think those are pretty funny, but I believe the NFL shop has put a stop to those custom jerseys. If I remember correctly, they made them for a while and once the whole Ron Mexico thing became fairly well known, they stopped producing them. The shop itself even comes with a disclaimer that they have the right to not produce anything with profanity or inappropriate language. No Fun League indeed ;)

I liked his past glory rule. I like seeing people at the O's game wearing a Brady Anderson or Jeffery Hammonds jersey like I've seen. When I saw those people I wished I had bought a jersey back then.

Another rule I think should be added is don't where a jersey to a game in which that team is not playing. There's nothing I hate more than seeing someone wear a Redskins jersey to a Ravens game. Or seeing someone wear a Red Sox jersey at an Orioles-yankees game. Even worse is when those @$$es start saying there team is better than both of the teams playing.

Baaaa. Baaaa. What a bunch of sheep. Jersey rules? Man rules? Look at yourselves! How about individualism? How about thinking outside the herd mentality?

This is how the rules should read. (this is still America isn't it?)

1. Grow a set of balls.

2. Wear whatever you feel good about wearing.

3. :censored: anyone who doesn't like it.

Just my 2 cents. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I think those are pretty funny, but I believe the NFL shop has put a stop to those custom jerseys. If I remember correctly, they made them for a while and once the whole Ron Mexico thing became fairly well known, they stopped producing them. The shop itself even comes with a disclaimer that they have the right to not produce anything with profanity or inappropriate language. No Fun League indeed ;)

If I'm not mistaken, you can't get a "Gay" jersey(as in the Patriot's player; clothing has no sexual preference) on NFL.com either. I see where the NFL bans the word on the back of jerseys, but it IS a guy's name, afterall.

I could be wrong though.

Baaaa. Baaaa. What a bunch of sheep. Jersey rules? Man rules? Look at yourselves! How about individualism? How about thinking outside the herd mentality?

This is how the rules should read. (this is still America isn't it?)

1. Grow a set of balls.

2. Wear whatever you feel good about wearing.

3. :censored: anyone who doesn't like it.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Amen to that. :flagusa:

Wow, I missed the part in the Constitution where it says the First Amendment doesn't apply in Ralph Wilson Stadium. :mad:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

If I'm not mistaken, you can't get a "Gay" jersey(as in the Patriot's player; clothing has no sexual preference) on NFL.com either. I see where the NFL bans the word on the back of jerseys, but it IS a guy's name, afterall.

I could be wrong though.

I think the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE changed that policy so that if you wanted Gay's jersey, it had to be the Pats and be the correct number. They made the exemption after the complaints came, including from his family.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I was a happy camper the day Eddie Murray came to the Mets -- so I could get my fave team's jersey with my own name on it and not feel like a dork! I have a Murray Indians and Dodgers' jersey, too.

Then I came across a game-used Braves jersey belonging to Matt Murray. He was a scrub, so it was affordable.

Overall, I've done much better getting game-used jerseys than I have the authentics. I'll never afford a star player, of course. But I find jerseys of coaches and scrubs for $100 and less.

The best place is the National Sports Collectors Convention, and there is a family owned company, I believe the name is Hertel, that has a booth with hundreds of jerseys, both major and minor league.

You know they're authentic because no one is going to go through the expense of making a fake Duffy Dyer Brewers jersey -- he was a coach -- so they can sell it for $80.

Archived