In search of an identity?

richm

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is true though... if the T on baseball doesnt work, then the compass on baseball doesnt work either.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Actually, - I was thinking of a shoulder patch, something along the lines of the USFL Oklahoma Outlaws, except with more of a "Lone Ranger" look to it. The jerseys would have either "Texas" or "Rangers" in script, and the cap could still have the "T" on it.

I've always thought that the Rangers have one of the most boring identities in baseball, its not bad, just forgetable. I agree that an update could be used, but why stop at the logo. With so many teams using blue and red, and (in my opinion) the Rangers having such a forgetable identity, why not come up with a new color scheme as well. What about royal blue and silver? A royal blue cap with that badge/star logo in silver (with the start being blue) would make for a pretty sweet cap!

How about blue, navy blue, silver, silver-green, and grey?

:D

First thing I thought too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think Verlander gave them some great free inspiration with their Texans work:

Logo04.jpg

Logo05.jpg

Logo06.jpg

WordMark4.jpg

It wouldn't work for the Rangers, but I love that cowboy guy logo.

I agree with everyone about the need to update the look. They could do so much with their identity, yet they don't. Funny thing is they've had some pretty decent stuff in the past so why did they change it? Whatever they do I hope they don't go away from the royal blue, red and white color sequence. It drives me bonkers when an updated team identity takes roayl blue and replaces it with navy. That is so 90's it kills me!

Archived