South Coast League's Aiken ?

Brian in Boston

The Aiken, South Carolina-based franchise of independent minor-league baseball's South Coast League has narrowed the field of possible team identities to five candidates.

name.jpg

I rank them as follows:

1) Aiken Blueticks (Love the name... love the logo.)

2) Aiken Horseflies (Unique name... solid, fun logo.)

3) Aiken Foxhounds (Name is solid... logo is solid.)

4) Aiken Boots (Well-designed logo... not a fan of the name, given the connotation of "boot" in baseball.)

5) Aiken Chukkers (The introduction of polo imagery/terminology into baseball does nothing for me.)

You can vote on the name at: http://www.aikenbaseball.com

All of those logos are really good, even if the hand positioning is wrong for the batters. I can't remember the last time I saw completed logos done prior to a nickname being officially selected.

Any idea who designed the logos, whether it was one firm or a group effort, like the Golden League?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I like the Blueticks, but both it and the Foxhounds are holding the bat wrong. They're facing righthanded and holding it lefthanded.

I was under the impression, moreso with the Blueticks than the Foxhounds, that the dogs are following through on their swings, rather than waiting for a pitch.

All of those logos are really good, even if the hand positioning is wrong for the batters. I can't remember the last time I saw completed logos done prior to a nickname being officially selected.

Any idea who designed the logos, whether it was one firm or a group effort, like the Golden League?

I like the Blueticks, but both it and the Foxhounds are holding the bat wrong. They're facing righthanded and holding it lefthanded.

They're :censored:ing dogs, what do they know? If you want accruacy, technically, they should beholding the bat in their mouths.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

How about the Aiken Crowbar Wielding, Wife Beating Godfathers of Soul?

I didn't see that choice in the original post, but I like it. For a logo, I can see a man in a suit with a cape draped over his back . . . who is following through on his swing, of course.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong -- a THOUSAND times wrong!

You say "I like the Blueticks, but both it and the Foxhounds are holding the bat wrong. They're facing righthanded and holding it lefthanded."

The artwork is correct -- they are LEFTHANDED batters in their FOLLOW-THROUGH.

Give Mr. Santaquilani some credit -- he knows what he is doing! Keep up the good work, Francis my boy!

If they're in their follow-through, why aren't they facing towards the bats? After swinging, yes, the bat will be over your right shoulder. However, you will also be facing your right shoulder too because that's the side towards the field.

edit: look at the horsefly. He's drawn lefthanded, with the hands correct, facing the correct direction. If he were to swing, he would be facing the bat.

ucnu112sig.png

If they're in their follow-through, why aren't they facing towards the bats? After swinging, yes, the bat will be over your right shoulder. However, you will also be facing your right shoulder too because that's the side towards the field.

edit: look at the horsefly. He's drawn lefthanded, with the hands correct, facing the correct direction. If he were to swing, he would be facing the bat.

I think the dogs are watching the ball sail in the air. That's why their not facing the bat.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

damn, I'd never heard of him, that is a great compilation of work

heh, I figure Aiken Ayodeles woulda been a good name :P either that or Aiken Bellies :D

the first thing I thought of when I saw the Blueticks logo was that if they decide their mascot should be a bluetick coonhound, they should don Tennessee Orange.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived