Cleveland Brownies

random_ax

Thought I'd add this it's from the latest UNIWATCH

And finally, a source who prefers to remain anonymous checks in with this news regarding the Browns' brown pants (which are included in the team's official specs but have never been worn): "In 2003-04, Browns petitioned league for permission to wear brown pants as an alternate. The design was going to be brown pants with the 'elf' logo on each hip. Despite the fact that the league approved the pants, Browns owner Randy Lerner didn't like the design and nixed the idea."

Also they did add a solid brown pant this year but there is no indication if or when they might wear it. Maybe it will be like the Jags teal pants and never be worn. I think it's been two years now since the Jags came out with those but they have never seen the light of day. I would'nt mind seeing the brown pants for the Browns at least once.

So the Jags have NEVER worn the teal pants? I thought they did. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I've seen the Browns' brown pants look in the most recent Madden and it looks real good. I think they should at least try it once. For god's sake the Buccaneers wore bright orange and pants with some kind of magenta (or whatever color it was) stripe for years why can't the Browns break out a nice lookin' pair of pants just once?

I have never chimed in on this message board before, though I am a frequent reader, and once the cry for colored pants came out i just had to respond...

The greatest thing about the Browns is that that is who they are. Just the Browns. Their identity comes from what you see out there and it is what it is. I realize that any uniform can undergo 'tweaks', but the real goal of a uniform should not be to follow fads, but to create a successful identity. For example, the New York goddam Yankees. Why don't you start up a big disussion about how they should have new navy blue alternate with cut-off sleeves or something retarded like that?

The Browns are what they are. For some reason this line of thinking, where tradition and a strong allegiance to an identity is crucial to a successful uniform, seems much more likely to come into affect at the collegiate level, and to some extent baseball. Once you get to the pros (especially basketball), it appears to be more about marketability (especially if your team sucks).

Just let the Browns be.

White pants.

Orange Helmets

No elf logos.

No dog logos.

No piping.

No logo anywhere on the uniform. Ever.

We'll let the elf stay on the equipment trailor.

I love the elf logo, just not on the uniforms.  Keep them as they have been, and if possible remove the AL on the sleeves.  The <B> logo annoys me as I feel if a team uses a singular letter it should be for the city initial not the name, as I similalry dislike the Indians' scirpt I logo/hat.  Hmmm maybe if someone came up with a <C> concept that would be cool.  Paul Brown used to have a block C hat.

Problem solved.

NFLlogoCB.png

I'm not suggesting they put this on the uniform, just use it as their primary mark (website, letterhead, mid-field, something for television stations to use other then an orange rectangle).

I wouldn't put this logo on the uniform either, but it's a smart and subtle design for a team in a blue-collar city.

• 1 month later...
I love the elf logo, just not on the uniforms.  Keep them as they have been, and if possible remove the AL on the sleeves.  The <B> logo annoys me as I feel if a team uses a singular letter it should be for the city initial not the name, as I similalry dislike the Indians' scirpt I logo/hat.  Hmmm maybe if someone came up with a <C> concept that would be cool.  Paul Brown used to have a block C hat.

Problem solved.

NFLlogoCB.png

I'm not suggesting they put this on the uniform, just use it as their primary mark (website, letterhead, mid-field, something for television stations to use other then an orange rectangle).

Great idea for a logo. I liked the one with the "B" on it but it was missing something. The C makes it work.

And I agree to keep it off the unis.

I love the elf logo, just not on the uniforms. Keep them as they have been, and if possible remove the AL on the sleeves. The <B> logo annoys me as I feel if a team uses a singular letter it should be for the city initial not the name, as I similalry dislike the Indians' scirpt I logo/hat. Hmmm maybe if someone came up with a <C> concept that would be cool. Paul Brown used to have a block C hat.

Problem solved.

NFLlogoCB.png

Great idea for a logo. I liked the one with the "B" on it but it was missing something. The C makes it work.

And I agree to keep it off the unis.

I like a block C... wish I could buy this hat (Indians 80s hat that I recoloured.)

tribebrowns.gif

and for those that wonder what the brown on brown would look like here is Bowling Green from Wednesday night with white pants that look pretty brown after the monsoon that made the field a mud pile:

muddyturner.jpg

fade.gif

and for those that wonder what the brown on brown would look like here is Bowling Green from Wednesday night with white pants that look pretty brown after the monsoon that made the field a mud pile:

muddyturner.jpg

Nature's uniform concept!

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

And I know that when the new Browns expansion club came back, the NFL pleaded with the owner to change the name to something like Rhinos or Cobras...which was the name they tried to convince all the new franchises to adopt so they must have some great rhino or cobra logos in NFL HQ...

I don't suppose you could support either of these assertions, could you?

I can't quote an actual source but I'm sure I read it in a genuine source like the Chicago Tribune, Sun-Times etc.

First time I heard all the details... The Browns' throwbacks this Sunday will include helmets with just the white stripe down the middle (no brown stripes on opposite sides of the white), player numbers on the side of the helmet, no 'TV' numbers on the shoulders or sleeves of the jersey, and of course the narrow stripes on the pants. And also, striped socks (which per the report on WKNR, Browns owner Randy Lerner prefers plain brown socks vs. the stripes (Uh! to Randy)... If I heard right, the Browns are trying to replicate the uniforms of the 1957-1960 era... Can't wait to see it this Sunday!

And I know that when the new Browns expansion club came back, the NFL pleaded with the owner to change the name to something like Rhinos or Cobras...which was the name they tried to convince all the new franchises to adopt so they must have some great rhino or cobra logos in NFL HQ...

I don't suppose you could support either of these assertions, could you?

I can't quote an actual source but I'm sure I read it in a genuine source like the Chicago Tribune, Sun-Times etc.

I've never heard about naming the new Browns the Rhinos, but that name was tossed around quite a bit in connection with Baltimore's 1993 expansion bid and, if I recall correctly, during the Ravens' renaming process.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

First time I heard all the details... The Browns' throwbacks this Sunday will include helmets with just the white stripe down the middle (no brown stripes on opposite sides of the white), player numbers on the side of the helmet, no 'TV' numbers on the shoulders or sleeves of the jersey, and of course the narrow stripes on the pants. And also, striped socks (which per the report on WKNR, Browns owner Randy Lerner prefers plain brown socks vs. the stripes (Uh! to Randy)... If I heard right, the Browns are trying to replicate the uniforms of the 1957-1960 era... Can't wait to see it this Sunday!

That should be interesting to see. I miss the striped socks and I think they look better than than the all brown ones. More traditional.

I just hope they win...

That should be interesting to see. I miss the striped socks and I think they look better than than the all brown ones. More traditional.

I just hope they win...

The need to goo all white for their throwback look.

cbthrowbacks1.jpg

Archived