Worst uniform in the history of uniforms

ZoDogg34

In 1956 some genius decided to take the Birds on the bat off the Cardinals uniform.

This monstrosity is the result. Hopefully whoever made that executive decision was fired.

nl_1956_stlouis.gif

After numerous riots in St. Louis they returned the next year.

In 1956 some genius decided to take the Birds on the bat off the Cardinals uniform.

This monstrosity is the result. Hopefully whoever made that executive decision was fired.

nl_1956_stlouis.gif

These kind of reminded me of the Cleveland Indians . . .

Hardly the worst. I still have nightmares of those Toros unis we looked at over the summer.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

nl_1956_stlouis.gif

These kind of reminded me of the Cleveland Indians . . .

Hardly the worst. I still have nightmares of those Toros unis we looked at over the summer.

At the very least, they suck for not having a red cap.

Neither of these uniforms are bad at all. It's just that they were replacing two traditional and iconic looks. If either team would have started with those uniforms, nobody would have a problem with them.

That Tigers uniform may even make a decent alternate.

Way to ah, miss the point of the thread there, Cole.... :P

Neither of these uniforms are bad at all. It's just that they were replacing two traditional and iconic looks. If either team would have started with those uniforms, nobody would have a problem with them.

That Tigers uniform may even make a decent alternate.

Oh, I agree completely. I actually like the Cardinals' uniform, with the redbird sleeve patch.

But who thought it was a good idea to replace the Cards' and Tigers' iconic looks at all? The same guy who tried to change the Yankees' road uniforms in the 1960s?

Agreed. If anyone can find a uniform worse than the Tucson Toros, I'll give you a shiny new nickel and a punch in the stomach.

At the same time, I want to see more pics of those Toros unis, just to fully grasp their suckitude.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

stars_alternate_big.jpg

Oh, you pick on the Mooterus now, but just wait until 10 years from now when the Mooterus is the new Islanders Fisherman or Wild Wing jersey. Then you'll be sorry you didn't get one while you had the chance when they are going on ebay for $100.

Buy low, sell high. Time to stockpile that pile of jersey that belongs in the stockyard.

Long live the Mooterus! Another landmark along the highway of ugly jerseys - Too Hideous to Live, Too Grotesque to Die. :shocked:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

stars_alternate_big.jpg

Oh, you pick on the Mooterus now, but just wait until 10 years from now when the Mooterus is the new Islanders Fisherman or Wild Wing jersey. Then you'll be sorry you didn't get one while you had the chance when they are going on ebay for $100.

Buy low, sell high. Time to stockpile the pile of jersey that belongs in the stockyard.

Long live the Mooterus! Another landmark along the highway of ugly jerseys - Too Hideous to Live, Too Grotesque to Die. :shocked:

I think I see now how one can determine which jerseys can land on this "list" here that just got spelled out by spyboy: if the sweater or jersey is garish enough to garner a nickname, it'll be grouped into this category. Think about it: "Wild Wing", "Gorton's Fisherman", and now the "Mooterus". How long will it be before the "Buffaslug" finds itself in this "elite" group??? (And oh btw, you left out one in your list of "classics"...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

stars_alternate_big.jpg

Buy low, sell high. Time to stockpile the pile of jersey that belongs in the stockyard.

I think I see now how one can determine which jerseys can land on this "list" here that just got spelled out by spyboy: if the sweater or jersey is garish enough to garner a nickname, it'll be grouped into this category. Think about it: "Wild Wing", "Gorton's Fisherman", and now the "Mooterus". How long will it be before the "Buffaslug" finds itself in this "elite" group??? (And oh btw, you left out one in your list of "classics"...)

Actually, I think this is the winnar of all winnars:

BluesNeverWorn.gif

Thank God it was never worn.

stars_alternate_big.jpg

Actually, I think this is the winnar of all winnars:

BluesNeverWorn.gif

Thank God it was never worn.

DAMN YOU...YOU HAD TO GO AND FIND THAT DIDN'T YOU??? JUST COULDN'T LET ME WIN HUH?! :P

Yeah...that was REAL bad...thank GOD it never saw the ice.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

OK folks, you are missing the point here. I didn't say UGLIEST jersey. I said WORST.

The guy that posted the Tigers uni got it.

The Cardinals and Tigers have some of the most classic unis in baseball. Getting rid of those looks is a bad idea.

Those Cardinals jerseys actually look quite nice. I like the sluggerbird on the sleeve. If they ever made a Mitchell & Ness Musial of that one I would consider buying it...

However, the idea of not having the birds on the bat on a Cardinals jersey is...well...not Cardinal-like. Therefore, these unis fall in the category of worst unis.

The Mooterus, Mighty Wing, Buffaslug, Tucson Toros, etc are UGLY. There's a difference.

I assume you mean these Toros unis

81tcmatucsonplanouits.jpg

pcl-tucson81.JPG

Note the blue stirrups

Those Cardinals jerseys actually look quite nice. I like the sluggerbird on the sleeve. If they ever made a Mitchell & Ness Musial of that one I would consider buying it...

I think the Cards' road socks are also kinda cool, but you're right -- wrong team to be trying that with.

The one thing I liked about the '60 Tigers was the introduction of the block letter road jerseys. That's what I grew up with, and while the current roads are in line with the '50's and previous road design, the '60's greys were something I always cherished. But that '60 Tigers home jersey deserved to be burned!

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Archived