Movie to be made about WHA and Gordie Howe

zig

According to ESPN there is going to be a movie about the 73-74 WHA season and Gordie Howe coming out of retirement to play again. The two people doing this movie worked on Mystery Alaska together

If this is really going to happen I will definately go to see it since I love hockey and find the WHA very interesting. Also I like when hockey movies come out because there are only a handful of them that I can think of; The Mighty Ducks movies, Slap Shot, Mirace, Mystery Alaska and a great show called The Tournament which aired on OLN (now versus) last year.

Article

According to ESPN there is going to be a movie about the 73-74 WHA season and Gordie Howe coming out of retirement to play again. The two people doing this movie worked on Mystery Alaska together

If this is really going to happen I will definately go to see it since I love hockey and find the WHA very interesting. Also I like when hockey movies come out because there are only a handful of them that I can think of; The Mighty Ducks movies, Slap Shot, Mirace, Mystery Alaska and a great show called The Tournament which aired on OLN (now versus) last year.

Article

Sounds wicked. It's always nice to find a good hockey movie.

Article

You forgot Miracle

One of my favs.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Article

You forgot Miracle

One of my favs.

It's one of my favorites too. I just forgot about it for a second and mentioned the cheap imitator, Mirace. ^_^

Sweet sounds like a fun movie, I suggest Billy Bob Thorton to play old Mr Hockey.

I'd rather see an uknown--or at least an actor who can skate.

(On that note, maybe there's a part in it for Dennis Leary, he'd make a great WHA goon.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Sweet sounds like a fun movie, I suggest Billy Bob Thorton to play old Mr Hockey.

I'd rather see an uknown--or at least an actor who can skate.

(On that note, maybe there's a part in it for Dennis Leary, he'd make a great WHA goon.)

That would be cool. Slapshot was comprised of mostly unkown actors who could skate, or actual hockey players, and it's a great movie.

I can't wait to see these in a movie:

whalers_big.jpg

While I am looking forward to this movie, and hope my beloved Fighting Saints get to play some part in it, I'm sure they'll make some minor error in the jerseys in the movie and we'll RIP THE BASTARDS TO SHREDS!! Afterall, it's what we do here. :cursing::hockeysmiley::cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I can't wait to see these in a movie:

whalers_big.jpg

While I am looking forward to this movie, and hope my beloved Fighting Saints get to play some part in it, I'm sure they'll make some minor error in the jerseys in the movie and we'll RIP THE BASTARDS TO SHREDS!! Afterall, it's what we do here. :cursing::hockeysmiley::cursing:

it's likely someone will look at the real jerseys and decide to change them somehow---too bad that didn't happen while the WHA was around---although the Whalers were among the best jerseys from those days...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Article

You forgot Miracle

One of my favs.

Dont forget Sudden Death... They cracked open Mellon Arena in that one.

Archived