SI Players Poll

Shroinke

Sports Illustrated recently conducted a poll of 361 NFL players to ask who is the NFL's most overrated player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/play...1024/index.html

TOP 10 MOST OVERRATED NFL PLAYERS

10. Warren Sapp, Raiders (3%)

9. Charles Woodson, Packers (3%)

8. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (3%)

7. Peyton Manning, Colts (4%)

6. Keyshawn Johnson, Panthers (4%)

5. Eli Manning, Giants (4%)

4. Michael Vick, Falcons (7%)

3. Ray Lewis, Ravens (7%)

2. Brian Urlacher, Bears (8%)

and the most overrated player in the NFL is....

1. Terrell Owens, Cowboys (10%)

to.jpg

NOTE: This is NOT my list, but the results of a players poll.

Mike Vick (Ron Mexico) hands down. He runs around, big wow. Look what a team filled with D speed does to him (Tampa) and he throws good only once in a while.

Manning(s) etc, although I hate, you cannot go against his stats.

KISSwall09.jpg

Vick gets my vote.

He'll never win a super bowl.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Mike Vick (Ron Mexico) hands down. He runs around, big wow. Look what a team filled with D speed does to him (Tampa) and he throws good only once in a while.

I know what you mean, but did you miss the last Bucs/Falcons game? If you don't need to throw to win, don't force it.

I basically agree entirely, except like someone said before, I didn't really think Keyshawn was rated anymore either. Culpepper comes to mind as well, actually. I might've put Big Ben closer to the top of the list as well.

I wish there was a most underrated poll...

I just read the article....Warrick Dunn was rated among the most underrated, along with Shaun Alexander, Trent Green, Marvin Harrison, and Hines Ward.

I know what you mean, but did you miss the last Bucs/Falcons game? If you don't need to throw to win, don't force it.

It shocked me to see that a Bucs fan was saying that (1st quote) after what we did to them the 2nd game of the year. But the point you made is exactly what we've been trying to say for the past 4 1/2 years now... It doesn't matter how you win, just win.

It shocked me to see that a Bucs fan was saying that (1st quote) after what we did to them the 2nd game of the year. But the point you made is exactly what we've been trying to say for the past 4 1/2 years now... It doesn't matter how you win, just win.

Yeah, but you can't judge one good game over all the inept games he's had vs. us. Second, once teams get the personnel and the films all together, this lame shotgun option will go by the wayside and you'll have to figure out something else. Sorry to rant, but it's in my blood to hate anything Falcon, Saint, and Panther.

KISSwall09.jpg

Eh, it's cool. Good point about the fact that you have owned us for the past few years by being (at one point) the only team that could effectively stuff Vick consistently, beat us like we stole something, and crush our playoff dreams last year...

With that being said, I still remember knocking you guys out of the playoffs the year we went 5-11. That year may have been horrible, but knocking the Bucs out of the playoffs when they were defending SB Champs was a sweet, sweet consolation.

But once again, that was a good point. The delerium of beating you guys like we did is still floating around in my head...not to say that the Falcons won't beat the Bucs again Dec. 10th at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL, but I'm just sayin :P

Okay, I don't understand why Peyton Manning is on the list of most overrated...I guess being first in passer rating among regular starting quarterbacks makes you overrated.

But I do agree that Michael Vick belongs on that list. I'd also say Michael Strahan is overrated...he isn't even in the top 20 in sacks so far this year.

espnsig.gif

Archived