NFL graphic outlook

Throwback

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the 2011 Ravens and my first concept with shadows!!!! did i get the shadows right? I did it in paint

As you can see there is a color change and some of you will think it looks like the Redskins. Unofortunately, I realized that a little too late

I like the overall design (striping, etc.). However, besides the resemblance to the Redskins, the color change raises one other problem -- the Ravens use purple because actual ravens are black with a very distinct purple sheen. I don't think you can reasonably move away from that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Here are the 2011 Ravens and my first concept with shadows!!!! did i get the shadows right? I did it in paint

As you can see there is a color change and some of you will think it looks like the Redskins. Unofortunately, I realized that a little too late

I like the overall design (striping, etc.). However, besides the resemblance to the Redskins, the color change raises one other problem -- the Ravens use purple because actual ravens are black with a very distinct purple sheen. I don't think you can reasonably move away from that.

I did the Red to resemble the Maryland flag, but I get your point

I did the Red to resemble the Maryland flag, but I get your point

If that is the case, you would still need to use a purer/brighter red, as opposed to a shade of burgundy/maroon.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Interesting concepts. It's cool to see a lot of people at different stages of developing some design ability and some radical ideas to go along with the more traditional/practical ones.

The only CC I have, for everyone on here... PISTONSthenextDYNASTY, you use CC to improve your designs better than anyone on here. If any designers want to see how to start with a mediocre logo and develop it into a sick one by using a lot of criticism and input, look up the thread where PISTONS developed the secondary (lion's head) logo for his Detroit Lions concept. It ended up being one of the better logos on here that was designed from scratch.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Here's my concept for the 2009 Washington Warriors (formerly the Redskins)

I just want to explain that this is not what I would want to see them in, but I think that if they ever lose lawsuits regarding the name 'Redskins' being offensive to Native Americans, then The Daniel would likely change the name to the alliterative 'Washington Warriors' as that contains a similar meaning.

I also feel that the colors, logos and wordmark font would stay the same in order to tie in to an identity that's been established since 1937.

However, I think that Adi-Bok would use it as a chance to redesign the uniforms. What with the current flavor of the month being for piping & side-panel heavy, and 2009 not being the distant future, I feel that the apparel maker would go in a piping/panel direction.

As to the white pants, I personally detest the 'Skins in white pants, but Gibbs seems to love them and he'll likely be in the front office somewhere by 2009, so that's his influence.

I moved the sleeve stripes to the shoulders as an acknowlegment that sleeves are fast disappearing from football jerseys, and I added the secondary logo on the pants because I like pant logos.

It's a little rushed, being only a few hours work, as I was pushed for time, and I still don't knwo illustartor that well.

Here's the concept:

Redskins2009.png

Here's my concept for the 2009 Washington Warriors (formerly the Redskins)

I just want to explain that this is not what I would want to see them in, but I think that if they ever lose lawsuits regarding the name 'Redskins' being offensive to Native Americans, then The Daniel would likely change the name to the alliterative 'Washington Warriors' as that contains a similar meaning.

I also feel that the colors, logos and wordmark font would stay the same in order to tie in to an identity that's been established since 1937.

However, I think that Adi-Bok would use it as a chance to redesign the uniforms. What with the current flavor of the month being for piping & side-panel heavy, and 2009 not being the distant future, I feel that the apparel maker would go in a piping/panel direction.

As to the white pants, I personally detest the 'Skins in white pants, but Gibbs seems to love them and he'll likely be in the front office somewhere by 2009, so that's his influence.

I moved the sleeve stripes to the shoulders as an acknowlegment that sleeves are fast disappearing from football jerseys, and I added the secondary logo on the pants because I like pant logos.

It's a little rushed, being only a few hours work, as I was pushed for time, and I still don't knwo illustartor that well.

Here's the concept:

Redskins2009.png

Well I think if it ever came to that the Indian head logo would be gone as part the settlement. The name and logo are what the activists hate most.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

i've never heard anyone complain about the logo... or uniforms.. or colors...

just the name.

and i support that. i'd buy a clinton portis washington warriors jersey, but wouldn' be caught dead in a redskins one

2015 Patriots:

i introduced a new blue-ish type of silver and made two new helmets since i think by 2015 the NFL will change its rule about hom many helmets a team can have. i know many of you will bring out the fact that a red helmet will be way too similar to their afc east rival the bills, but if you looked at the league lately you can make tons of opinions on how teams with the colors blue and red in the NFL are similar, like the Texans, or the Giants. i changed the style of the jersedy by ditching the wraparound stripe. on the shoulder is only the face of the elvis logo, and similar to how the steelers have a patch on the front of their jersey, i put a patcxh of the star logo on thefront. i kept the number font cuz its one of my favorites in the league, and on the pant stripe the 3 red lines are too emphazine the teams 3 champion chips in 2001, 03, & 04. Not to say the Patriots wont win anymore but i know there was a lot of speculation weather or not you can count those Patriots as a dynasty or not. So thats just their for honor and remeberance.

da.jpg

C&C please.

Archived