My Toronto Blue Jays uniform concept.

Braden

Alright, I went a bit far with the Alternates, especially with the sleeveless version. But to me, this seems as a realistic solution to the Blue Jays.

Any C&C is appreciated.

Note the new BP template I made. Keep an eye out for these on Sportslogos.net when Spring Training comes.

***UPDATED DEC 26, 2006***

jaysconcept06_2.gif

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Same pitfall as the current uniforms- not enough blue. Replace the black on the uniforms with blue and you might have something. If nothing else the caps and socks should be blue. But to be honest, blue should be the primary color not black.

I'll never figure out why a team called the BLUE Jays has so very little of the one color it really needs to have. Whoever thought up the idea should be dragged to the pitcher's mound during the 7th inning stretch and shot.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I'll maintain the argument that I've always had towards making the Blue Jays hat in the shade of Blue in their identity. It's way too bright of a shade... almost Marlins Teal bright... to be used effectively as a primary colour on jerseys & hats.

I'm just trying to fix what they already have.

And BTW zer0, I thought you'd be proud of me by eliminating all Graphite lettering & numbering AND putting the Graphite jersey down to a road alternate.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I'll never figure out why a team called the BLUE Jays has so very little of the one color it really needs to have. Whoever thought up the idea should be dragged to the pitcher's mound during the 7th inning stretch and shot.

The team WAS owned by Labatt Blue before it was bought by Rogers, who then tried to distinguish and separate them selves from the "Blue". Hence, the lack of blue, and the fact that no team gear even has the word 'blue'. Just Jays.

Nice little touches to add more blue to the currently blueless Blue Jays. But what I would like to see is a blue alt.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

If you made the blue darker then it could work, the lighter blue they already use definatly would not work as a solid colour on a jersey as you have proven. If you could use the same shade used on the old blue alt jersey then it would work very well, otherwise....eh...it really wont look good.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

That's a good concept, Braden. I especially like that graphite alt, though the numbers seem to give off a sort of neon-ish glow on that jersey. I would like to see a little more blue in the homes, but it's a solid set. I'd have no problem if the Blue Jays used these. And can I get a copy of that template you used?

-E.A.R.

Braden, I've got nothin' but love for the graphite. And I think your concepts are solid. But in the effort to put some "Blue" back into the Blue Jays, how about introducing a black alternate cap with a blue visor and button? I think that would add a significant amount of blue, without creating your Marlins issue (even though I love the teal Marlins, and think the blue concept you did for the Jays looks spectacular, shade or brightness be damned.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The team should keep the black jersey, but in the MLB, you don't have requirements on the number of alternative jerseys you can have, you could have a blue, black, whatever. But they lack blue, or at least enough to be called the blue jays

Archived