maddens opinion

Tom Reing

On MNF last night, Madden late in the 4th said he doesn't think the cowboys look like the cowboys in the retro-like uniforms. This was late when the cowboys had fell apart and while he made sure to say the uniforms weren't the reason for their loss, it didn't help either. What do you think?

Kinda like Super Bowl XXXVI when he said the Patriots, tied 17-17, with 1:30 left in the game, should just take a knee and play for overtime.

Does anybody take this guy seriously? I'm surprised after he made the Cowboys uni comment that Al Michaels, being the professional that he is, didn't go into a discourse on the history of the Cowboys franchise soonafter in an attempt to gloss over the inane comment by his senile cohort.

On MNF last night, Madden late in the 4th said he doesn't think the cowboys look like the cowboys in the retro-like uniforms. This was late when the cowboys had fell apart and while he made sure to say the uniforms weren't the reason for their loss, it didn't help either. What do you think?

I for one am glad Madden made the comments. When the Cowboys are in a big game (I am a Cowboys fan), I want to turn on the tube and see my team in the real uniforms - even if it is 30 colors of silver and 14 shades of blue. The alts make the Cowboys look like the road team and for whatever reason, they are more prone to a loss if they do not wear the white jerseys- yes, the blue jersey curse is still alive! Please, at home, silver helmets, white jerseys, and silver (-green) pants.

The alts make the Cowboys look like the road team and for whatever reason, they are more prone to a loss if they do not wear the white jerseys- yes, the blue jersey curse is still alive! Please, at home, silver helmets, white jerseys, and silver (-green) pants.

Yep, it sure helped the 'Boys a couple of weeks ago when the Saints ran them out of Texas Stadium. What uniform were they wearing then?

The 'Boys are actually 2-1 (counting the pre-season) wearing their throwbacks.

And, for the 158th time, its not the uniforms fault when a team gets their a** kicked.

apparantly fans think so:

"...i am SO DAMN SICK of jerry jones and his stupid ass MARKETING bull :censored: jacking with the tradition of the dallas cowboys...those WHITE AND BLUE uni's SUCK. they are BUTT UGLY.

every time i look at them i want to puke. now they are some kind of TRADITION for holiday games...pathetic."

"It's almost unanimous. Even Madden and Michaels can see the obvious. I hate watching them once a year on Thanksgiving, but willing to do so because of the throwback motif. However, the uniforms just plain suck. They look like some freaky D-2 college team, not the Dallas Cowboys."
"I think it is. Madden has been undressing Parcells on National TV the past few games. Now, he goes after our uniforms!!!

I think when you don a uniform, you are wearing tradition. And those stupid uniforms don't do it."

"six

EXACTLY...those uni's DISGRACE us all. they are just b.s. versions of the original CRAP that tex schrahm happily BURIED.

they are all about MONEY...tradition be damned...our WHITE uni's are the most BEAUTIFUL in football at ANY level. and i don't want ANYONE trying to tell me part of the reason they started liking the boys as kids wasn't those KICK ASS uni's!"

btw heres the two lone positive comments

those uni's are great. the team in them, has no heart.
I second that emotion. The uniforms rock. They're not as sweet as the San Diego "powder blues", but I still love'em.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Madden spoke as if he didn't even know those alts are based on the 1960 uni's.

I don't mind the uni's themselves, but agree that a team should never choose to wear a uni that lets the visiting team wear their home colors. A subtle thing perhaps, and obviously not to blame for a loss, but still something to consider.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't mind the uni's themselves, but agree that a team should never choose to wear a uni that lets the visiting team wear their home colors. A subtle thing perhaps, and obviously not to blame for a loss, but still something to consider.

The Eagles wore their "official" road colors (though they do occasionally wear white at home.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Madden's right -- they looked better than usual.

apparantly fans think so:

"...i am SO DAMN SICK of jerry jones and his stupid ass MARKETING bull :censored: jacking with the tradition of the dallas cowboys...those WHITE AND BLUE uni's SUCK. they are BUTT UGLY.

every time i look at them i want to puke. now they are some kind of TRADITION for holiday games...pathetic."

"It's almost unanimous. Even Madden and Michaels can see the obvious. I hate watching them once a year on Thanksgiving, but willing to do so because of the throwback motif. However, the uniforms just plain suck. They look like some freaky D-2 college team, not the Dallas Cowboys."
"I think it is. Madden has been undressing Parcells on National TV the past few games. Now, he goes after our uniforms!!!

I think when you don a uniform, you are wearing tradition. And those stupid uniforms don't do it."

"six

EXACTLY...those uni's DISGRACE us all. they are just b.s. versions of the original CRAP that tex schrahm happily BURIED.

they are all about MONEY...tradition be damned...our WHITE uni's are the most BEAUTIFUL in football at ANY level. and i don't want ANYONE trying to tell me part of the reason they started liking the boys as kids wasn't those KICK ASS uni's!"

btw heres the two lone positive comments

those uni's are great. the team in them, has no heart.
I second that emotion. The uniforms rock. They're not as sweet as the San Diego "powder blues", but I still love'em.

I don't get it. Here we have the Cowboys wearing classic and clean looking uniforms, ones with matching colours non the less.

I mean I understand all the tradition that goes with the regular set, but until they fix its colour coordinating problems, they just look better in the throwbacks.

I don't get it. Here we have the Cowboys wearing classic and clean looking uniforms, ones with matching colours non the less.

I mean I understand all the tradition that goes with the regular set, but until they fix its colour coordinating problems, they just look better in the throwbacks.

Most people just don't care how muddled the Cowboys look. It doesn't matter to most people that aren't on this board. Nobody cares how classic and clean the throwback uniform is.

I like the throwback-ish alts, but the Cowboys' home uniforms are iconic. The throwback-ish alts aren't, unless you call Eddie LaBaron an icon.

The alts make the Cowboys look like the road team and for whatever reason, they are more prone to a loss if they do not wear the white jerseys- yes, the blue jersey curse is still alive! Please, at home, silver helmets, white jerseys, and silver (-green) pants.

Yep, it sure helped the 'Boys a couple of weeks ago when the Saints ran them out of Texas Stadium. What uniform were they wearing then?

The 'Boys are actually 2-1 (counting the pre-season) wearing their throwbacks.

And, for the 158th time, its not the uniforms fault when a team gets their a** kicked.

I'm sorry you had to state your case 158 times to try to get me or others to understand that uniforms don't lose games; I happen to agree with you. The Cowboys have lost many times in the home whites. But just like trash talking and playing in your own stadium, it's all about psychological intimidation, trying to get any edge possible on your opponent. Since the Cowboys main jersey color is white, they rarely have to wear the blues because most teams home colors are the dark jerseys, but that has not stopped many other teams from switching to white at home to force the Cowboys to wear the blues (Philly has done this numerous times since the '80's. Washington also did back when the wore burgandy at home). Why did they do it? To get in the Cowboys minds and try to get an edge. So after all this..my point is, when you are at home, and it is a big game, do everything you can (no matter how small) to get an edge, which in case of the Cowboys, means wearing the iconic uniforms, not the blue alts.

Kinda like Super Bowl XXXVI when he said the Patriots, tied 17-17, with 1:30 left in the game, should just take a knee and play for overtime.

Uhh, that was techincally the right call. It may have lost the game in overtime, but it was the safe bet.

The guy can't see into the future or anything.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The man hasn't seen his feet since 1970 & he's telling us his thoughts on Dallas' unis?!?

I'll bet if Aikman, Smith, and Irvin were still playing Madden would be raving about how much he LOVES the throwback Cowboys uniform. He definitely had it hard for the Cowboys when those three were still playing.

We used to play the Madden-Emmitt Smith Drinking Game. You had to drink every time Madden says "What I love about Emmitt Smith is....." :P

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived