College hockey teams to sport Nike swift jerseys this weekend

cardinal0512

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Additionally, during my search, I came across this great tidbit courtesy of OSU.

Buckeyes to Debut Nike Swift Jerseys

Here is an excerpt with my favorite quote at the end.

"Developed by Nike's Advanced Innovation Team -- the same forward-thinking group that unleashed the Nike Swift Suit for track and field, the Nike Swift Skin for speedskating and contributed to Lance Armstrong's unprecedented seven Tour de France victories -- the Nike Swift Hockey Jersey delivers unmatched performance without sacrificing an ounce of hockey heritage."

I guess they just have a different idea of exactly what hockey heritage looks like. :puke:

I have no problem whatsoever with this, as my team (Wisconsin) is outfitted by Adidas. If the Badgers' rivals and opponents want to look like clowns, it's fine by me.

Ah, but the technological advantage given to your opponents will leave the Badgers millimeters behind in their wake as proven by Team Sweden winning the Gold in Torino.

Oh, wait. They WEREN'T wearing Swifts and still won.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I have no problem whatsoever with this, as my team (Wisconsin) is outfitted by Adidas. If the Badgers' rivals and opponents want to look like clowns, it's fine by me.

Minnesota sports are sponsored by Nike, but their actual on ice jerseys are Easton branded(and were Mission before). Sadly, the Gophers team shop sells the easton jersey template with a Swoosh where the Oval E should be. This remains the reason I have not bought one. Hopefully the Gophers will resist Nike on the ice.

Wonder what Denver's sweaters will look like.

Everyone else's.

Only in the team colors of your choice. :down:

Good lord, just get me a pistol. I'm rooting harder than ever for Rbk's new form fitting jerseys to be true to current NHL styles, to show the world that hockey jerseys can implement new materials without having to look like carbon-copy crap.

Hey, Nike, here's an idea: let the people from your soccer division take over design for football, basketball, and hockey, since they're the only ones who know how to distinctly brand your product without making every single team look exactly the flippin' same.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I didnt see if UND actually wore them or not. If they did it would have been on Friday. I heard they wore black jerseys Friday, not sure if it was swift or not. I saw Saturdays highlights, they wore the traditional Green unis. those are the greatest.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Does anyone have any pics of the Michigan version? I have been looking online but haven't been able to find it yet. Thanks.

Not sure, but I was watching the Michigan v Michigan State game on TV and they both had the Swifts on.

I don't think the Sioux one looks that bad, but their jerseys right now are AWESOME. Hope they don't wear them forever.

Huskiescoathangnew.gifminnesota-dna.png

03.jpg

11.jpg

09.jpg

And tons more here.

I gotta say, they don't look all that much tighter or anything.

Looks like the yellow on the helmets doesn't match the yellow on the jerseys. Is it like that on their old jerseys, or has nike made another error?

With high shoulder numbers bumping the shoulder patches up to the point where they're almost brushing the players' ears, it makes a silly design look even sillier.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

03.jpg

11.jpg

09.jpg

And tons more here.

Looks like the yellow on the helmets doesn't match the yellow on the jerseys. Is it like that on their old jerseys, or has nike made another error?

It's always been like that. And it's always bugged me. I hate when they wear gold because of that reason. Stick to White and Blue, Michigan.

Let's see... same template, different colors.

Looks like an IROC race.

Full points for the motorsports reference.

(**)

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

03.jpg

11.jpg

09.jpg

And tons more here.

The jerseys are not tucked in. So why do they need vertical stripes? Probably because they think it looks cool. It will be a trend that will disappear. 5 or 10 years from now, college and NHL will all be using swift jerseys and will all have horizontal stripes. Though probably the same template for those with the same manufacturer.

That was my first thought. Of course, my second thought was that Adidas will be doing this in a couple of years anyway.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived