FOX Score Box

reppact

I don't know if this has to do with the last minute decision by the NFL to allow a "double doubleheader" today (2 games early/late nationally by both CBS and FOX) but FOX is using the old score box for the Denver/Frisco game.

Sorry for no pics. Can anyone can help?

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

I don't know if this has to do with the last minute decision by the NFL to allow a "double doubleheader" today (2 games early/late nationally by both CBS and FOX) but FOX is using the old score box for the Denver/Frisco game.

Sorry for no pics. Can anyone can help?

I just noticed that myself. They showed a play made by Antonio Gates during Chargers/Cardinals and i was the regular old score box that FOX has had the entire year. :blink:

bSLCtu2.png

I don't remember Fox (the network) ever use those graphics. Those look to be the FSN graphics.

I don't know why they are using those graphics. Although this week wasn't supposed to be a double header FOX was always supposed to carry this game as they air the daytime inter-conference games in AFC stadiums.

They just mentioned that they didn't have the yellow first down line today because of the recent weather problems they've been having in Denver. Maybe the weather prevented all the NFL on Fox production equipment from getting to Denver. While the score bar is definitely what FSN uses, all of the other overlays I've seen so far have been consistent with what Fox has used for NFL games this year.

I think maybe doafhat is right, it could have had something to do with the weather.

Kind of related- Someone needs to tell the people at fox that christmas is over, they are still using the christmas robot. Actually, they need to get rid of the robot altogether.

MegatronSig2.jpg

They just confirmed that they didn't have all of the equipment with them this week and had to have help from Turner Broadcasting and FSN. Guess the Fox Sports production truck couldn't make the trip and they had to use one from the local FSN net.

Personally I thought it was kinda weird. I was like "Huh? This game on FSN or something?" But doafhat's explanation makes sense.

Still, the new Fox bar kicks ass, way better than the past ones, IMO.

Archived