Question about Boise State vs. Oklahoma

DG_ThenNowForever

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...And Ian Johnson gets the girl at the end.

Please, someone in Hollywood start writing a script for this RIGHT NOW.

I turned off the TV after the game ended.

Was this Idaho cheerleader hot? Inquiring minds have to know....

Here she is from the BSU website

IMG_2714.JPG

Chrissy Popadics

1st babe of the week for 2007 right there

Seriously, I can't wait to see the Johnson-Popadics announcement in the Boise, Idaho paper.

Yes, I am a grown ass man, but unintentially comedy is always funnier than the intentional stuff.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

i just have two things to say, as a san jose state spartans fan(my cousin plays for them)......... BOOMER SOONER! oklahoma, you just got WAC'D(yeah, the slogan sucks ass

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

This Sooner fan has to stand and applaud the incredible performance Boise State put on last night. Despite the disappointing outcome from a personal standpoint I must say that this is among the most exciting games I have watched in nearly thirty years of following the college game. Kudos go out to both teams for the huge efforts each made to stave off what looked like certain defeat and major props to the BSU coaching staff for two of the gutsiest playcalling choices when everything was on the line.

For anyone watching tonight's game, who are the commentators? I keep on missing the booth shots. One of them is apparently Barry Alvarez, but I have no idea about the rest.

I ask because these guys are the best I've heard calling a football game in a very, very long time. The youngish color guy is my favorite. He's right on top of everything and sounds way different and more candid than any other color guy elsewhere.

Thom Brenneman is an awesome announcer. And now he's coming to Cincinnati to Reds games with his dad on radio.

Holy sh-t that game was awesome. I dare you to name one person who didn't think that game was over after OU took the INT for a TD. I figured it was over, but the hook n lateral...wowwwwwwww. Not the best game I've ever seen (Last year's Rose Bowl was) but it's definitely #2.

(OT: Anybody else notice that this year's Bowl season has been ridiculously exciting thus far?)

Incredible game.

but...

I love Boise State's style and I usually root for them every time they're on TV here in Boston, but can we cool the "they deserve to be in Glendale" talk? They played in two games against halfway-decent teams all season, and one was last night in the bowl game. Yes, they beat Oregon State by 28 at home, but they also almost lost to San Jose State and Wyoming.

Any "Big Six" conference team whose hardest regular season game was at home against OSU would have their schedule called criminally weak. And I can't imagine any other member of the top 10 beating SJSU any Wyoming by a combined 10 points.

Boise's a very good team, no doubt about that. But I think that a #8 ranking is about right for going undefeated through that schedule. If they want to be considered for the national championship, they should schedule 3-4 nonconference games per year against good teams (at least Oregon State or better) so they can be comparably assessed with major-conference teams.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Incredible game.

but...

I love Boise State's style and I usually root for them every time they're on TV here in Boston, but can we cool the "they deserve to be in Glendale" talk? They played in two games against halfway-decent teams all season, and one was last night in the bowl game. Yes, they beat Oregon State by 28 at home, but they also almost lost to San Jose State and Wyoming.

Any "Big Six" conference team whose hardest regular season game was at home against OSU would have their schedule called criminally weak. And I can't imagine any other member of the top 10 beating SJSU any Wyoming by a combined 10 points.

Boise's a very good team, no doubt about that. But I think that a #8 ranking is about right for going undefeated through that schedule. If they want to be considered for the national championship, they should schedule 3-4 nonconference games per year against good teams (at least Oregon State or better) so they can be comparably assessed with major-conference teams.

That would of course imply that Boise State would be able to schedule those games. Why would a Florida play Boise State when they can play Western Carolina? Why would a West Virginia play Boise State when they can play Eastern Washington? Why would a Wisconsin play Boise State when they can play Western Illinois?

LvZYtbZ.png

Incredible game.

but...

I love Boise State's style and I usually root for them every time they're on TV here in Boston, but can we cool the "they deserve to be in Glendale" talk?

No. They're a Division 1 school. They're undefeated. They should get a shot. Let them prove they aren't good enough on the field. It cracks me up that people were willing to put Michigan in the title game purely on the speculation that they were better than Florida. It was all about "Michigan deserved their shot" despite the fact that there was little evidence to back up the claim. People also argued that Michigan didn't deserve to go because Florida played a tougher schedule and in a tougher conference. However if the same type of argument is made for Boise State then everyone says no because Boise State didn't play anyone or they only beat a team by so many points etc. It's hypocritical as hell to not allow Boise State the same argument that we blindly allowed for Michigan or Florida.

BB52Big.jpg

Incredible game.

but...

I love Boise State's style and I usually root for them every time they're on TV here in Boston, but can we cool the "they deserve to be in Glendale" talk?

No. They're a Division 1 school. They're undefeated. They should get a shot. Let them prove they aren't good enough on the field. It cracks me up that people were willing to put Michigan in the title game purely on the speculation that they were better than Florida. It was all about "Michigan deserved their shot" despite the fact that there was little evidence to back up the claim. People also argued that Michigan didn't deserve to go because Florida played a tougher schedule and in a tougher conference. However if the same type of argument is made for Boise State then everyone says no because Boise State didn't play anyone or they only beat a team by so many points etc. It's hypocritical as hell to not allow Boise State the same argument that we blindly allowed for Michigan or Florida.

for once, i agree with you. mostly.

I stumbled upon this game at 1AM, with Boise leading by 8. From that point forward, it was a fairly exciting football game, but it just reinforced the many various things I hate about college sports...

1. The amazing amount of people in the stands over age 30 who look like they spent and bet their entire pension on this game and look like they genuinely want to hang themselves after momentum swings.

2. :censored:ING MARCHING BANDS!!! I WANT TO SHOOT THE HELL OUT OF WHOEVER INVENTED THEM!!! MARCHING MUSIC IS NOT THE LEAST BIT EXCITING AND SOUNDS CORNY AS HELL IN THE FACE OF COMPETITION!!!

3. Like everyone else agrees upon, the BCS is a joke.

Also, if I was the RB who scored the winning play, I'd want to beat the hell out of the reporter who spoiled the moment by asking him if he was going to propose to his girlfriend RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

that boise state coach has guts, but what a game i didnt notice that they had handed the ball of to ian johnson untill he was in the endzone. and yes that reporter was an idiot and runined the whole thing i would of kicked his ass if i was ian johnson

Idk why, but I saw the whole misdirection thing coming. As ssoon as I saw them in Trips I was thinking "No way they do a variation of what they did to score the TD...They'll probably hand it off."

That was a weird ass handoff though. Doubt Boise St. cares.

And what's up with OU getting OUWNED in BCS games? First USC, then LSU, now Boise St.

----------------------------

For those who missed it (shame on you)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENwDDB0dlRk&NR

I'd say this was the greatest ending to a college football game I've ever seen, but I did see Flutie's Hail Mary win over Miami.

I'd say this was the craziest ending to a college football game I've ever seen, but I did see the Cal-Stanford game when the Cal player ran over the Stanford trombone player for the winning touchdown.

But for crazy twists and turns in a game, you can't top it. You have Oklahoma coming back, trailing by two and needing to go for the two-point conversion. You have the two-point conversion taking three plays to finally complete before the Sooners tie the game. You have the interception and Oklahoma having the game locked up. You have the hook-and-ladder play by Boise State, and Boise has all the momentum going into the overtime. Then you have Sftisn Peterson putting OU ahead by going through the Boise State line like a hot knife through butter. You have Boise State tired, down to fourth down, and a frickin' receiver throws a touchdown pass. And then you have the Statue of Liberty play for two and the win.

And then, as has been mentioned before, the guy who scores the winning touchdown gets the girl at the end.

Throw into this that a team from the wacky WAC beats the big program from the Big 12, and you have a classic.

I stumbled upon this game at 1AM, with Boise leading by 8. From that point forward, it was a fairly exciting football game, but it just reinforced the many various things I hate about college sports...

1. The amazing amount of people in the stands over age 30 who look like they spent and bet their entire pension on this game and look like they genuinely want to hang themselves after momentum swings.

2. :censored:ING MARCHING BANDS!!! I WANT TO SHOOT THE HELL OUT OF WHOEVER INVENTED THEM!!! MARCHING MUSIC IS NOT THE LEAST BIT EXCITING AND SOUNDS CORNY AS HELL IN THE FACE OF COMPETITION!!!

3. Like everyone else agrees upon, the BCS is a joke.

Also, if I was the RB who scored the winning play, I'd want to beat the hell out of the reporter who spoiled the moment by asking him if he was going to propose to his girlfriend RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Wow, don't sugarcoat it. Tell us what you really think about college sports. :D

I couldn't disagree with you more. Allow me to address your argument point by point.

1. There is nothing sadder than watching a bunch of losers at a sports bar hanging on every NFL game because they have money riding on it. Sadder still are a bunch of guys my age (45) constantly wondering how their "fantasy" players are doing. Honestly would anyone even watch games like Houston vs. Cleveland or Arizona vs. Atlanta if it weren't for gambling and fantasy leagues? There the only thing that keeps the NFL above water in half the markets after about week 9. Talk about pathetic.

2. Yeah give me "who let the dogs out" and rock and roll part two" week after week in every stadium in the league over marching bands like OSU or Michigan or USC. God knows nothing beats bad music at deafening levels in an NFL stadium. Oh and be sure to let everyone know when it's time to cheer. I'd much prefer to watch Ray Lewis hump his own leg than to sit through another dotting of the i.

3. The BCS ain't perfect to be sure but at least games mean something in college football. You don't see any of the top tier teams going to their reserves once they've clinched a bye or a playoff position. Oh boy I can't wait for that clash of the titans this weekend when 9-7 Dallas takes on 9-7 Seattle. That'll be a real barn burner. And watch out for those 8-8 New York Giants! Yeah Ohio State-Florida will have a tough time living up to those games.

I won't even get into the staggering number of fans that attend college games vs. NFL games or how if TV ratings were tabulated by sport and sheer number of people watching instead of markets that NCAA football would dwarf NFL ratings. Who cares as long as there's a bet to be made or a fantasy stat to look up. I'll just say this. If Ohio State added 50,000 seats to the horseshoe there would be 50,000 more fans at their games. When Dallas opens their new 100,000 seat stadium there will be about 18,000 empty seats every game after the first one.

You got me on the reporter. Sadly, reporters are morons at every level of sports so we'll call that a wash.

I could go on but why bother. To each his own. Enjoy the "No Fun League" with my blessing. It's a nice football alternative when there isn't a game to watch that's actually entertaining.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow, don't sugarcoat it. Tell us what you really think about college sports. :D

I couldn't disagree with you more. Allow me to address your argument point by point.

1. There is nothing sadder than watching a bunch of losers at a sports bar hanging on every NFL game because they have money riding on it. Sadder still are a bunch of guys my age (45) constantly wondering how their "fantasy" players are doing. Honestly would anyone even watch games like Houston vs. Cleveland or Arizona vs. Atlanta if it weren't for gambling and fantasy leagues? There the only thing that keeps the NFL above water in half the markets after about week 9. Talk about pathetic.

Wait so you are saying that's sadder than a bunch of middle aged people trying to relive their glory years because they are depressed about how their life has turned out. College Sports are fun but they should be for the students and pretty much for the students only. It's one thing to watch your alma matter if you are flipping through the TV and come to the game but these over the top Alumnus are some of the most pathetic people ever. At least in the example above the person has money on the game now that's something to be sad about if the team losses not that the school you went to 20 years ago lost a bowl game.

2. Yeah give me "who let the dogs out" and rock and roll part two" week after week in every stadium in the league over marching bands like OSU or Michigan or USC. God knows nothing beats bad music at deafening levels in an NFL stadium. Oh and be sure to let everyone know when it's time to cheer. I'd much prefer to watch Ray Lewis hump his own leg than to sit through another dotting of the i.

Your argument would be better if every school marching band didn't play those exact same songs*.

Alright Maryland doesn't play RRII but the students sing it with slightl diffierent lyrics though

3. The BCS ain't perfect to be sure but at least games mean something in college football. You don't see any of the top tier teams going to their reserves once they've clinched a bye or a playoff position. Oh boy I can't wait for that clash of the titans this weekend when 9-7 Dallas takes on 9-7 Seattle. That'll be a real barn burner. And watch out for those 8-8 New York Giants! Yeah Ohio State-Florida will have a tough time living up to those games.

I won't even get into the staggering number of fans that attend college games vs. NFL games or how if TV ratings were tabulated by sport and sheer number of people watching instead of markets that NCAA football would dwarf NFL ratings. Who cares as long as there's a bet to be made or a fantasy stat to look up. I'll just say this. If Ohio State added 50,000 seats to the horseshoe there would be 50,000 more fans at their games. When Dallas opens their new 100,000 seat stadium there will be about 18,000 empty seats every game after the first one.

Actually if you want to get down to it every college football game is meaningless because there is no championship. A bunch of writers voting on who is number 1 does not constitute a championship, and there is no NCAA championship.

I also bet the the Dallas stadium will be sold out. When teams like the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants have waiting list that people stay on for upwards of 20 years.

Not to mention that pros feature better players and is far an away the better game. Don't fool yourself the only reason why the college football atmosphere is better is because of drunk students not because it's a better game. It's a longer more boring game.

Archived