NHL Ref Armbands

jkrdevil

Alexander Steen 2 assists :woot:

I'm happy that Parise had 6 points.

I also noticed how the refs had new armband. I would rather they were orange because I am used to it and they have been doing it for a while. I guess a change could be in sight because the NHL logo was changed from black and orange to silver.

I can only imagine the refs ditching the orange armband being temporary for the event. Like someone else stated you can hardly see the gray band for the refs stripes themselves.

Personally I liked the beige pullover the refs wore during the heritage classic, I'd love to see those adopted full time.

Personally I liked the beige pullover the refs wore during the heritage classic, I'd love to see those adopted full time.

Please, for all that is right with the world, no no no no no.

Doubly so because I'd look even more dumb than the NHL refs would. (Not that I'd expect USA Hockey to follow the NHL's lead if they went that way. But still.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Or, rather, it's going back to being for skating and hitting, not for hooking and holding.

Agreed. Players just have to remember how to hit cleanly. There have been some many yars were hook and hold were the norm to slow downt he skilled guys people forgot how to hit people

Or, rather, it's going back to being for skating and hitting, not for hooking and holding.

Funny, they change the rules to emphasize skill and suddenly the Flyers suck. Hmmmmm....

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

heh, for once I got good reception on the TV :woot:, so I saw about half of the youngstars game and the whole skills challenge (heh, I woulda watched all the YS game but they put the wrong time in the paper). Count me in the bag of folks sayin the silver armbands looked off. Like almost everybody else, I couldn't tell the refs and linesmen apart, the silver armbands didn't stand out enough like the orange ones do.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

You can't tell the refs from the linesman?

Well, consider that the linesman position themselves on the bluelines and manage the faceoffs and the refs position themselves in the offensive zones. They don't need to wear armbands at all.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I wasn't paying too much attention t othe refs, but I will tonight. I just assumed that there weren't any refs, just linesmen. Seriousy. I could not tell the difference. This is just pointless change for the sake of pointless change. Gary Bettman messing with stuff just cause he's bored with it. I, for one, can't wait until he is fired.

You can't tell the refs from the linesman?

Well, consider that the linesman position themselves on the bluelines and manage the faceoffs and the refs position themselves in the offensive zones. They don't need to wear armbands at all.

...except, of course, for the fact that a raised arm by a linseman and a raised arm by a referee mean vastly different things. And, by quick glance by players/coaches, you wouldn't be able to easily tell them apart were they not wearing armbands.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived