College Basketball Floors

whitedawg22

ESPN.com's Pat Forde (one of their less annoying writers) recently wrote a column partly about college basketball court designs:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...mp;lid=tab1pos1

I agree with his ranking of Texas A&M as the ugliest court in America... particularily because the state logo behind the "star T" is painted in Longhorn colors.

ncb_i_jones_195.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN.com's Pat Forde (one of their less annoying writers) recently wrote a column partly about college basketball court designs:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...mp;lid=tab1pos1

I agree with his ranking of Texas A&M as the ugliest court in America... particularily because the state logo behind the "star T" is painted in Longhorn colors.

ncb_i_jones_195.jpg

It is not burnt orange, rather just a darker shade of finish. Plus, Colorado State gets my vote.

I don't think A&M's court at Reed Arena is that bad, it's just the victim of trying too hard to be trendy - although I may just be de-sensitized to seeing A&M's floor by now (I do remember wondering if it was stained or painted with some bizarre mustard color when I first saw it). If you took away the wood stain, the floor at Reed Arena would look pretty good. Unfortunately quite a few Big 12 basketball courts suffer from similar afflictions where if you took away just one bad element, you'd have a great looking floor.

IMO, the worst court in the conference is at Texas Tech's United Spirit Arena, simply because of the ridiculous number of large ads painted on the floor. The sad thing is that United Spirit is a really nice arena, and the court used to look pretty sharp back in the days when they didn't have the O'Reilly Auto Parts logo plastered everywhere.

341259083_70d106f789_o.jpg

Take away the mid/late 90's fad of painting basketballs on the circles around the free throw lines, and Baylor's Ferrell Center would have a pretty classy court:

248585668_85dd0ac49a.jpg

Oklahoma State's court went from one of the finest looking floors in the conference to one of the worst when we added a pointless, and poorly executed, orange gradient to the traditional black lanes at Gallagher-Iba Arena (and yes, you can blame OSU for starting up the oversized signatures on courts named after coaches fad). The presence of the gradient is even worse when you consider that "Mr. Iba's floor" is the original white maple court installed in 1938, where so many classic games have been played and on which Iba shaped many of the philosophies that still dominate college basketball.

Before:

131796590_dcb2083320.jpg

After:

131796596_55186cb2b2.jpg

i am a HUGE fan of texas a&m but i have never seen boise states until now and it looks pretty good. i also like temples court and west virginias

I take it you refer to the black Temple court that had the wings inside the 3-point area and left the 3-second area unpainted.

liacourasseating.giftkowske1214.jpg

That was ditched in Chaney's last year on North Broad to something a little more subdued.

home.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

How long has Texas Lutheran had that bulldog head logo because it looks very similar to Ferris' bulldog.

bulldog.gif

Ferris-State-Logo.jpg

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I was actually thinking the other night that Texas A&M had the best looking court.

I'm biased too, but I like Ohio's court. I like the paint and how they made the shape of the arena complete the jump circle.

26courtcrowd-lg.jpg

here's a little better view of the paint...

02pregame-lg.jpg

It says THE CONVO underneath a shape of the building...

ConvocationCenter1.jpg

i don't have pictures, but i tuned into a ga tech game a few weeks ago and thought their court looked horrible

first, two HUGE logos, the interlocking GT and the bee...a little overkill on the logos

2nd, old gold in the GT logo, in the lane and on the baselines and sidelines and yellow in the bee...old gold and yellow clash badly, in my opinion

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived