Colorado Rapids now the Colorado Arsenal?

roxfan00

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you need a mock-up? It's just a plain maroon shirt.

Redcurrent!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

rapidsimage.jpg

capt.dxa10202092209.rapids_soccer_dxa102.jpg

capt.dxa10402092210.rapids_soccer_dxa104.jpg

I was in the camp opposed to adding any more red-based teams to the MLS, but seeing that Colorado went Claret and Blue makes me hpapy. Are there even any other teams in the US that use these colors? Nice job overall.

That said, I hope the Fire kill them this year.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Absolutely gorgeous. Pretty much what we saw at the sneak preview a couple of months ago. This is all kinds of an upgrade from everything they've worn the past 11 years. Major thumbs-up for the collars. And I love the use of a change kit instead of a white road uni. Now, let's hope MLS doesn't crap these up by slapping black numbers on those light blue kits, because "our numbers only come in black and white."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is it just me or the logos on the uniforms are way too low. I reckon they should be in the opposite position of the adidas logo. That and get rid of the wordmark from across the front and put a sponsor or leave it blank.

Matt, I think just the opposite - the adidas logo is sitting wayyy up near the shoulder, sort of like Nike did with their total 90 kits form 2004-2005/06. The rapids logo and wordmark are appropriately place IMO.

OD_Signature.jpg

When, oh, when, will American soccer teams get rid of that doggone European look, not to mention the European names, and look like Americans?

If soccer ever wants to grow in America, it has to look American and sound American.

I think you got the order of things backwards. They already tried your idea.

When, oh, when, will American soccer teams get rid of that doggone European look, not to mention the European names, and look like Americans?

If soccer ever wants to grow in America, it has to look American and sound American.

Looks very "americanish" to me.

Absolutely gorgeous. Pretty much what we saw at the sneak preview a couple of months ago. This is all kinds of an upgrade from everything they've worn the past 11 years. Major thumbs-up for the collars. And I love the use of a change kit instead of a white road uni. Now, let's hope MLS doesn't crap these up by slapping black numbers on those light blue kits, because "our numbers only come in black and white."

not true, Chivas USA uses gold numbers.

chivas_usa.jpg

Archived