Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl Champions

BigMac12

Brady has NEVER done it without relying on Vinatieri's foot his damn self...so who's bitch is Brady?

Do you realize that without ANY of Mr. Clutch's points, the Colts still outscored the Bears 18-17. Does a frontal lobotomy come with induction to Boston sports fanhood, because you, sir, are a moron.

Nah, just a total encephalectomy... ;)

An encephal[u}WHAT?!?!??!? says the confused Minnesotan!

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two weeks ago, I said the first team that was forced to rely on their QB to win it with his arm would be the loser. Well, that's exactly what happened. The moment it became a two-possession game midway through the 4th, I knew the Bears would have no choice but to start throwing like crazy, and for that reason I knew the Colts had it in the bag.

CCSLC signature.png

An encephalWHAT?!?!??!? says the confused Minnesotan!

Complete removal of the brain. A lobotomy is just a removal of part of a brain lobe.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Just a good old fashioned ass-whooping by the Colts today.

A VERY long off-season coming up for the Bears. The Bears can get back to this game in a few years, barring what happens in this off-season, but god, this loss may tear the entire team apart.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

For the Brady is better than Manning people (aka Pats fans), what??

Manning does everything better than Brady. Brady QBed three championship teams. Manning finally has his.

Brady will forever be considered the QB of a dynasty (whether I like it or not), but Manning will go down as one of the best QBs ever, and unlike Marino, Manning will have at least one championship to his name.

If you're really all that hung up on championships fine, but I'd take Manning every chance I had over Brady.

Peyton Manning is the best QB in football today, and he's gonna make a case for himself as the best ever (a title that will ALWAYS be debatable).

For the Brady is better than Manning people (aka Pats fans), what??

Manning does everything better than Brady. Brady QBed three championship teams. Manning finally has his.

Brady will forever be considered the QB of a dynasty (whether I like it or not), but Manning will go down as one of the best QBs ever, and unlike Marino, Manning will have at least one championship to his name.

If you're really all that hung up on championships fine, but I'd take Manning every chance I had over Brady.

Peyton Manning is the best QB in football today, and he's gonna make a case for himself as the best ever (a title that will ALWAYS be debatable).

Furthermore, football is a team game. Why is it that Patriots fans are more than willing to talk about how great their coach and their defense are until it's time to acknowledge that they're the main reason Tom Brady has 3 Super Bowl Rings? Tom Brady has played on better teams than Peyton Manning -- thus, he has more rings.

I think Peyton will add one more ring over time, and when he retires, will be known as the greatest QB of all-time.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Pats won with a system not because they even had a better team they just seem to play it so they don't make any mistakes while other teams always make the fatal mistake against them

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Let me just preface this by congratulating the Bears on a great season, they're a great team that will only get better as guys like Grossman, Hester, and Anderson mature and become better. After such a tough loss, the Bears will either come together next year or split apart, I wholeheartedly believe that this experience will make them better for next year. Now as for the Colts...

Merry Christmas!

I can remember as a six year old not being able to watch as Jim Harbaugh threw a desperation Hail Mary to try and beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship, and the excitement that I felt when they called it a touchdown and the subsequent feeling of just absolute despair when they said they were wrong and that the Colts weren?t going to the Super Bowl. To this day, ?Captain Comeback? is probably my favorite player of all-time, even if his last comeback fell just short.

Since that time, there have been some good teams and there have been some bad teams but no team has really been able to capture the spirit of that team, until this year. Unlike the teams of the last few years which had champion talent, this team possessed a champion perseverance. Consider what people said this season:

-?There?s no way a team that?s 32nd in rush defense will win a Super Bowl?

-?Considering their history, there?s no way the Colts will be able to go into Baltimore and win in an environment like that?

-?The Colts will never beat the Patriots in the playoffs?

-?Peyton Manning will never beat a Gator?

-?Peyton Manning will never win the Big One?

-?Tony Dungy will never win a Super Bowl?

This year the Colts overcame their demons, and the teams that stood in their way and now they stand alone as the World Champions.

----------------------------------------

I was at a Christmas dinner where we were told to bring our favorite ornament, and explain why it was our favorite. I brought my Colts ornament and told everyone there that I liked it because the ornament was a lot like the Colts, up near the top in December, but gone by January.

This year I kept the tree up.

It looks kind of tacky having a Christmas tree up in February, but I think the results speak for themselves. If you think I?m joking I?m not, in fact, before the first playoff game I went the extra yard and put the Colts ornament at the tip-top of the tree. Of course, in order to do this I had to take down the star, next thing you know the Colts start their playoff run and the Cowboys lose to the Seahawks. So how does this tie-in? Jim Harbaugh is the new coach at Stanford, and Stanford?s mascot is a tree. As excited as I am about the Colts winning the Super Bowl, I have to admit I?m slightly freaked out, but in a good way.

(If none of this makes sense I apologize, I'm still pretty crazy right now.)

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Wait a second...The Pats won three championships in three years and the Colts won their first, and somehow the Colts are better?

I'm confused.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wait a second...The Pats won three championships in three years and the Colts won their first, and somehow the Colts are better?

I'm confused.

Okay, now you're just making stuff up. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Congratulations to the Colts. I was never foolish enough to claim the Bears were better than the Colts, but you don't have to be a better team on paper, you just have to win the game. I was hoping the Bears would would do that. Alas, they did not.

Any other year, I would have been rooting for the Colts the entire time. I'm glad Payton got his ring along with Harrison and Dungy and the rest of the Colts. They are all classy players and coaches in that organization. I won't say the owners however...

Bears will have alot of work to do. As of right now, they don't have a defensive coordinator. Their Offensive Coordinator has a good system, but seems to crap his pants on game day. Maybe its from those years of suffering through seasons in Champaign and he'll be better next year. Word is there will be a Competition for the QB spot next year (what a novel idea!) between Grossman, Griese, and (gulp) Orton.

I know a few things. If the Cowboys even offer Rivera the Defensive Coordinator job, he's as good as gone. The Bears won't match it. Same with Briggs. The only way he's in Chicago next year is if they franchise him...and even then he'll most likely hold out.

I'm sorry, this turned into an offseason rant. The Colts are Champions, congrats to them and the city of Indinapolis!

Congrats to the Colts.

I must say, I thought this was a team game where everyone gives 100% and does their bit to win it. Somehow Payton won it, and he gets all the praise. Team game I thought. Is he captain? That's another story then.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I'm confused.

Pats won 3 in 4, and the argument is simply that Manning is better than Brady.

Whoops. Meant to type three in four.

Either way, seems to me like the numbers are in Brady's favor. I'm no Pats fan, but I think that until Manning wins a couple more, Brady gets the nod.

Just sayin'...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm confused.

Pats won 3 in 4, and the argument is simply that Manning is better than Brady.

Well consider this

Pats won their first Super Bowl on Feb 2, 2002 and won their third Super Bowl on Feb 5, 2005, so really dsgitlin is not that far off. It's actually three years and three days :P

Now a more proper term is three championships in four seasons....

I saw, I came, I left.

Interesting thread. Since one player or team being "better" than another is subjective, the debate will go on forever. Even if you resort to stats, it's still subjective depending on what you consider the bottom line. Marino? One of the best ever, but no ring. Trent Dilfer? Average, but has a ring. So save your keystrokes about Manning vs. Brady because in reality, the bottom line is they're both great QB's who have both hoisted the trophy.

As for Grossman...wow. I almost felt sorry for him, bumbling around knocking the ball between his own feet, scooping it up only to fall flat on his face. It's a little surprising they didn't at least try Griese. What did they have to lose at that point? You can't say he would have failed because the big stage might have been the motivation he needed to give an extraordinary effort. We'll never know.

I personally don't like the way the Colts left Baltimore, and believe that any relocation should be handled using the Cleveland model, where the name, color, logos, and heritage are left in the original city. I was rooting for them, however, because of the Manning connection and because of Dungy. He's obviously an extraordinary guy with a unique leadership style, and has been to the extremes over the last year or two. First the unimaginable grief of losing his son to suicide and now the joy of holding the Lombardi trophy. Good for him and for the entire organization, which the announcers said had brought everyone employed by the Colts and their spouses. Maybe that's not unusual but it's very cool nonetheless.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived