Rays seem ready to dump Devil

Survival79

Also, if you want to visit a sorry, run-down ballpark, you went to the wrong one in New York City. I invite anyone who thinks Yankee Stadium is run-down to visit Shea Stadium in Flushing, Queens. Best to visit on a cool spring night, when you can smell the low tide in nearby Flushing Bay and hear the deafening roar of jet engines every five minutes as another plane passes over on its way to or from LaGuardia Airport. On occasion, you can even watch the ballgame from the distant upper deck, though you're likely to have a better view of the guy in the window seat of US Airways Flight 80.

The fact that the Mets outdrew the Yankees in attendance for much of the 80s is further evidence that winning baseball puts more fans in the seats.

Well, Shea being a worse dump doesn't make Yankee Stadium any less of a dump. Many New Yorkers will be surprised to learn that it is physically possible for New York City to have two of a thing and neither one be the best of its kind in the world.

This will soon change in Queens. The new Citi Park will be the Mets' new home and just at the right time. Want to see what happens when an already popular young team in a dump of a ballpark starts to peak on the field while moving into a state of the art beauty of a ballpark? The Mets will be the class of baseball...in my opinion ;)

Seriously though...the Mets and their new ballpark will be the antithesis of the Rays and their current park.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, Miami is not a part of Florida....or the United States for that matter. Anyone who lives in the state knows that. Please dont compare Miami to Tampa just because we're both in Florida.

Carry on...

Just like large swaths of the Southwest aren't REALLY America, and same with many bordering areas of Canada and way Northern Maine, right?. It all comes down to America for Americans, and crap ballparks for xenophobes from bad cities.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

For the record, Miami is not a part of Florida....or the United States for that matter. Anyone who lives in the state knows that. Please dont compare Miami to Tampa just because we're both in Florida.

Carry on...

Just like large swaths of the Southwest aren't REALLY America, and same with many bordering areas of Canada and way Northern Maine, right?. It all comes down to America for Americans, and crap ballparks for xenophobes from bad cities.

Not quite. Canadians (the English-speaking ones, anyway) are really like Americans Lite (and want to be assimilated Americans anyway), so they qualify as Americans. It is the people who don't look American or have the decency to speak English as their primary language who disqualify their lands from inclusion in America.

:upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

EDIT: Never mind.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Don't worry. I got it loud and clear. But perhaps that's because we were making the same joke.

Explanation for the rest of the board: Some people like our history of immigration and welcome diverse cultures and experiences. Others, not so much. Those of us in the former category tend to be smug in our celebration of cultural diversity and therefore feel the need to be condescending towards those that disagree. It's classic libruhlism.

Back on topic -- I think the Tampa Bay Diablos would suffice. Funny, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Don't worry. I got it loud and clear. But perhaps that's because we were making the same joke.

Explanation for the rest of the board: Some people like our history of immigration and welcome diverse cultures and experiences. Others, not so much. Those of us in the former category tend to be smug in our celebration of cultural diversity and therefore feel the need to be condescending towards those that disagree. It's classic libruhlism.

Word.

"Not quite. Canadians (the English-speaking ones, anyway) are really like Americans Lite (and want to be assimilated Americans anyway), so they qualify as Americans..."

...which means that the North American Union...which will group Mexico, Canada, and the US as one sovereign entity...will work out well for them.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

"Not quite. Canadians (the English-speaking ones, anyway) are really like Americans Lite (and want to be assimilated Americans anyway), so they qualify as Americans..."

...which means that the North American Union...which will group Mexico, Canada, and the US as one sovereign entity...will work out well for them.

Wow :blink:

Carry on...

As a former resident of Florida, I can attest to this, as I've visited both. Miami has model-caliber topless women strolling around on the beach, has some of the best bars, clubs and restaurants in the world, and is basically a 24/7 party. Whereas Tampa is largely a collection of strip malls. Definitely don't compare Miami with Tampa!

Carry on...

As a former resident of Florida, I can attest to this, as I've visited both. Miami has model-caliber topless women strolling around on the beach, has some of the best bars, clubs and restaurants in the world, and is basically a 24/7 party. Whereas Tampa is largely a collection of strip malls. Definitely don't compare Miami with Tampa!

None of you babbling has anything to do with the Devil Rays. This is a logo site. Not a bash on each other's favorite city site.

None of you babbling has anything to do with the Devil Rays. This is a logo site. Not a bash on each other's favorite city site.

The name of the site says "Community", so it is perfectly appropriate to discuss everyone's communities.

The name of the site says "Community", so it is perfectly appropriate to discuss everyone's communities.

Acutually, it's sports logos community. Not your community. Who cares about your community. I get on here to look up sports logos. Maybe you should try another site.

Acutually, it's sports logos community. Not your community. Who cares about your community. I get on here to look up sports logos. Maybe you should try another site.

Acutually, It's a sports logos community. This is a sports logos forum. Not a my city is better than yours forum. I look up sports logos on this site. Try another website.

Archived