Rays seem ready to dump Devil

Survival79

Some pics of the unis in action:

capt.65a0fc5d221148d28fa9c639186b01dd.rays_orioles_baseball_bab116.jpg

Look way better in action that in concepts. Well done Tampa!!!

I agree, I really like them better in action than at the press conference. They aren't anything spectacular, but its not a bad look. The blue has a unique feel to it over the Royals, Dodgers, Mets, etc. Perhaps it's just the hint of sunshine on the jersey on a rainy day that's making me think that though. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to tell if the blue is lighter than what we originally saw (which appeared to be similar to Yankees midnight) or if it's just the pictures. These uni's still need a lot of help, but they do look better with that blue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the Rays' navy has been the lighter, Brewers-style navy from the start, as opposed to the Yankees' midnight. I prefer that shade, and I think the Rays look good. Still miss the green, but this is a nice, simple look. If Tampa Bay is put on the roads next year as has been suggested, it should be a decent set.

God those unis suck something awful.

I hate this team with every fiber of my being.

A handful of people were upset with the name Devil, so the new idiot owners just drop the name and thus start another downfall in this pathetic history.

:censored: the rays.

Lemme guess, Godfather. When I went to the (Devil) Rays-Yankees game at The Trop back in September, you were one of the 30,000 chicks wearing a tied-up Jeter jersey?

Translation: You seem to have a lot of hate in you. Loosen up a bit! Come back up north and we'll catch a Sound Tigers game.

Just a couple of notes:

The hats actually looked slightly purpleish live.

The jerseys could use a front number. There's too much blank space on them.

I think the roads are going to be slightly better looking than the homes. The white trim pops on the gray jerseys.

A handful of people were upset with the name Devil, so the new idiot owners just drop the name and thus start another downfall in this pathetic history.

Says the guy with an Islanders avatar and Andy Pettite signature.

I-95 runs north as well, EDIT.

SigReflect.png

Let's not make this personal.

He insulted your team. He did not insult you. There is a distinction.

Lemme guess, Godfather. When I went to the (Devil) Rays-Yankees game at The Trop back in September, you were one of the 30,000 chicks wearing a tied-up Jeter jersey?

Translation: You seem to have a lot of hate in you. Loosen up a bit! Come back up north and we'll catch a Sound Tigers game.

No, it was an A-Rod jersey, lol.

I gotta move back up north to get back to real baseball teams.

Oh, I'm an a-hole because I hate the new name? Originally I'm from Long Island, so of course I'm a NY fan first and foremost, but hey chief, I've down here in Tampa for quite a while so I was a DEVIL Rays fan and am a Bucs and Lightning fan as well.

Not that I have to justify myself to you, but you went the mature namecalling rout, so I'll go the immature explanation route.

I've been to enough Devil Ray games and enjoyed them quite a bit. I have a hat, jersey, etc. I feel betrayed as a fan that doesn't have many fans when they drop part of a name that no one objected to but a few people. Now a ray of sunlight? That is rediculous.

At least it could have been the St. Petersburg Pelicans, I would have understood a new beginning with that. But this "new beginning" is half assed since they are still the Rays...but oh yeah, its a ray of sunlight.

This kinda :censored: gives me even a greater respect for real orginazations like the Yankees, Mets, Cubs, etc.

anti.png

I thought only Tampa Bay fans cared about the developing Yankees-Rays "not rivalry".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I've gotta admit, while I was sad to see the green go, the lighter shade of navy/light blue combo really does have a bay/ocean-type feel to it. Maybe it's from seeing those pics of their proposed ballpark by the water. I seems to just have the blue hue to it. Still feel a little more light blue could have been used, even if it was just trim around the numbers, on both the whites and the grays.

I've gotta admit, while I was sad to see the green go, the lighter shade of navy/light blue combo really does have a bay/ocean-type feel to it. Maybe it's from seeing those pics of their proposed ballpark by the water. I seems to just have the blue hue to it. Still feel a little more light blue could have been used, even if it was just trim around the numbers, on both the whites and the grays.

Two things:

1. I heard that the single-color Navy numbers were a homage of sorts to the numerous Yankees fans in the Tampa area. So much for the Rays/Yankees "rivalry" (!).
  2. I think I've mentioned this already, but I look at that Yellow sunshine burst in the Rays logo as a "glint" - the way the sun looks on the water as it reflects off of it. So, it keeps with the aquatic theme after all (at least in my mind).

Nameplates?

Strictly Bush league. Even the Royals finally got rid of their nameplates.

The Phillies started using nameplates on their roads a couple of seasons ago too. I'm not sure if this is a trend or what.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Take Gothamite with you.

Take Gothamite with you.

Because he made an accurate observation over a guy making personal insults over my comments?

I respect Gothamite for that.

I have a right to be a fan of my former location and current location, so being a former DEVIL Rays fan, I am at liberty to discuss how bad the name change sucks and how stupid and half-assed it was. Not to mention completley unecessary.

anti.png

Look way better in action that in concepts. Well done Tampa!!!

I agree but is it me or do those letters look huge on the back...?

Maybe it's just because of the 1

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived