NBA Valentine's Day

Shroinke

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

red_four_200_070211.jpg

why arent these their full time jerseys? this is how it should be

It would look much better if the number outline was blue...

IT IS.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

chandler.jpg

The Hornets jerseys look pretty good, I just don't think I'm used to them.

ai2.jpg

Philadelphia's are still really nice. The wordmark bugs me still, but this is more proof they need to go back to their old red, white, and blue.

In this pic the "phila" wordmark, looks really big, anybody else think so??

I LOVE the new sixers jerseys, I would love those to become the permanent roads, and then for the home to be designed with that in mind (Especially the shoulds of the jersey, unlike the current way too wide shoulders of the black and white sixers jerseys)

76ersredwhitelogoia2.gif

That should be how the primary logo should look like.

I can't think of any other major league teams with red, yellow and blue as their colors. All I can think of is the LA Avengers. (Watch 10 people prove me wrong now).

Harlem Globetrotters

Here's the first (according to me). They usually wear the blue warm-ups however these red warm-ups look sharp.

Along these lines, I'll repost my own concept (I posted this a while back), that uses Navy, Red, Royal Blue and Silver:

Philadelphia76ers_PropPL_01.gif

EDIT: Just noticed the issue with the star...I'll fix it later...

Along these lines, I'll repost my own concept (I posted this a while back), that uses Navy, Red, Royal Blue and Silver:

Philadelphia76ers_PropPL_01.gif

EDIT: Just noticed the issue with the star...I'll fix it later...

I really like what you have here, but the colors tend to scream Pistons to me, swap silver for gold and you have a winner.

I really like what you have here, but the colors tend to scream Pistons to me, swap silver for gold and you have a winner.

Maybe you're right...make the colors a bit more unique:

Philadelphia76ers_PropPL_02.gif

The silver screams Pats, the gold screams old Nuggets... which isn't that bad.

But those Red unis looked pretty sharp last night. Blended old school with the new.

Red jerseys worn on Valentine's Day:

OKC wore red at home vs. Sacramento

Chicago wore red on the road vs. Charlotte

Toronto wore red at home vs. New Jersey

Philadelphia wore red at home vs. Washington

Portland wore red on the road vs. Orlando

Clippers wore red at home vs. Atlanta

Cleveland SHOULD HAVE worn red on the road vs. Utah

Detroit SHOULD HAVE worn red at home vs. San Antonio

ujsignature.png

They wore jerseys that said "PHILA" back in the proverbial day - specifically the year they had Wilt ('66-67?). I'm not a scholar on Philly sports history so I couldn't tell you when else they've had them....but I do know they're a throwback option in NBA 2K7....

I knew that, but does anyone know where "Phila" came from? Was it just used because they didn't have room for 12 letters or something?

They wore jerseys that said "PHILA" back in the proverbial day - specifically the year they had Wilt ('66-67?). I'm not a scholar on Philly sports history so I couldn't tell you when else they've had them....but I do know they're a throwback option in NBA 2K7....

I knew that, but does anyone know where "Phila" came from? Was it just used because they didn't have room for 12 letters or something?

31-49628-P.jpg

PAAAIAJGBPBAHNAK.jpg

The Sixers also had an alt from the 96-97 season that was royal blue with red numbers and a red "PHILA" script, both outlined in white.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

31-49628-P.jpg

PAAAIAJGBPBAHNAK.jpg

The Sixers also had an alt from the 96-97 season that was royal blue with red numbers and a red "PHILA" script, both outlined in white.

Actually it was just a throwback not an alt.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I like the "PHILA" word mark. I'm not from Philly, but I think it would be cool if their teams (at least the Sixers and Phillies) adopted it. Does anyone from this board who is from Philadelphia have an opinion on the Phila workmark?

I don't really like that the Phillies use their team name on both the home and road. I'd like to see "Phillies" at home and "Phila" for the road, and "Sixers" at home (as opposed to "76ers") and "Phila" on the road for the 76ers.

Does anyone from this board who is from Philadelphia have an opinion on the Phila workmark?

Contrary to my home boy VD, I am in favor of abbreviating Philadelphia as Phila on uniforms. Of course this is all based on personal opinion, but I think Philadelphia looks downright silly on uniforms, and looks really silly when drawn out in the Phillies font.

When noting directions or mailing letters (does anyone mail letters anymore?) many people use "Phila PA" instead of Philadelphia. It is a much more respectful abbreviation than "Philly", which is more of a lazy nickname that most Philadelphians don't even use. (o/t - I, like many that I know, hate it when out-of-towners use Philly to refer to our city. It's like being introduced to someone named Andrew, and instantly calling him Andy. You don't get to call him Andy until you are his friend or he gives you permission.)

I also like the historical or "throwback" quality of using the Phila abbreviation on sports uniforms. However, in the case of the Phillies (who use a proper-case script) wouldn't the abbreviation require a period? Maybe some of our more grammatically-savvy members could answer that.

Now, as to this specific implementation of the abbreviation - I love it, except that the swooshy basketball thing makes the P almost look like an R.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived