Forsberg headed to Predators

Davey

Well its offical Forsberg is headed to Nashville.

Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsbeg.

It is important to note that while the two teams may have agreed on the players involved, the deal is not official until it is approved by the league via a trade call involving both teams and NHL Central Registry. Sources say that call has not been completed, so it is premature to say that the deal has been finalized, only that it has been tentatively agreed to by both teams and it is expected.

Forsberg was on the ice for warm-ups for Thursday's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, but he was scratched from the lineup.

In 40 games with the Flyers this season Forsberg has 11 goals and 29 assists. He is also leads the Flyers with a +2 plus/minus rating.

Forsberg has missed 16 games with a variety of injuries this season including a concussion, an injured groin and a sore back.

Details to follow.

Can find the article here ;

Forsberg to The Preds

Thoughts ?

4kv29i.jpg

Man... If this doesn't push them into the Cup favorites I don't know what will.

They have one KILLER lineup of players who know how to find the twine in Kayria, Arnott, Sullivan, Dumont, Radulov, Legwand and have the likes of Timonen and Weber on D... this is one scary looking team now that you add Forsberg to that list....

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

How about a Nashville-Atlanta stanley cup finals

Atlanta would have to learn how to play defence, to begin with.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

What things will bump this from the top line story round here in NashVegas...SEC basketball, NASCAR and Daytona, New Titans GM in town, spring training and the Braves, Vandy Baseball, two top 20 womens college bb teams, hmmmmm

I am suprised somebody did not outbid the Preds and block the trade but hey what I know about hockey could fill a thimble...a small thimble. But I am excited nonetheless and hope that this begins the run that energizes the fans and gets the arena full for one of the best hockey teams on the league this year.

I never would have thought my 500th post would be about hockey...

RobbyBox2.jpg

Wow...the mighty Predators just got even better, assuming FoPa can stay healthy (which is a very large assumption) and I really hope the 'Nucks don't have to play them in the playoffs.

At least I don't need to hear anymore Forsberg to Vancouver rumours on the Team 1040.

Man... If this doesn't push them into the Cup favorites I don't know what will.

The Annual Peter Forsberg late season stretch/playoffs injury of course.

Nashville is obviously going for broke this year. Giving up a 1st and 3rd plus players for a rental player that might not be able to play is a huge gamble.

Agreed you can't just out gun people in the playoffs they are out in the first round. Especially if they continue to fall back and Tampa catches them.

I won't speculate on whether it was stupid...someone would have done this is the Preds didn't.

But as JKR said, this is a HUGE gamble. I'd put the chances very low that Forsberg resigns with Nashville, so you've likely got a rental.

And Forsberg could easily reinjure his foot (if not something else).

And they gave up a TON.

Might pay off, but it's a huge gamble.

I'm really excited to see what the Blues will get for Billy Guerin and Keith Tkachuk. (I'm assuming they'll both be traded. KT will PROBABLY come back next year. Billy, maybe, maybe not.)

And our special teams could use a lot of work....

But a Nashville-Atlanta Cup Final sure wouldn't please the majority of our friends to the North...

:censored: 'em! I'd watch it!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Good move for the Flyers. There is a legit. chance that he will retire after the season, leaving the Flyers with nothing. If he doesn't retire, there is a better than 50% chance that he'll resign with Philadelphia anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived