Source: Marlins looking to dump teal in favor of orange

marlinfan

An extremely (I don't know how much more emphasis I can put on extremely) reliable source in the Marlins Front Office informs me that teal is on the way out as a Marlins primary color, in favor of orange. He didn't give me a time table, but he said it was dependent on the team getting stadium funding later this month from the state.

This doesn't surprise me. Every Marlins flyer, magazine or commercial in the last 3 years prominently features orange and black with only little accents of teal.

1997 | 2003

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the transistion has seemed to be happening for a while now.

The problem is, both teal and orange have been sentenced to the third tier of colors for the Marlins (Black/White, Silver, Teal/Orange). I guess Orange has been in that tier for a while, but in the last few years Teal's been put there.

So they can't simply swap Orange for Teal and expect it to be anything near a primary color. Black is their primary color right now.

Two black and orange teams are two enough, if not two too many, in the major leagues.

(By the way, Part 1: I hate black and orange because they were the colors of our arch-rivals in high school. That sort of thing stays with you for life.)

(By the way, Part 2: I'd like to see the Marlins go with the same colors as the Dolphins. They would work very well for the Marlins.)

(By the way, Part 3: And while you're at it, call them the Miami Marlins instead of the Florida Marlins. If there's more than one team in the state, don't use the state's name. Besides, Miami Marlins kind of has a ring to it.)

drop black..add orange to be more primary.

Teal

Orange

Sliver

Wouldn't that be pretty much what the Dolphins have now?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

(By the way, Part 3: And while you're at it, call them the Miami Marlins instead of the Florida Marlins. If there's more than one team in the state, don't use the state's name. Besides, Miami Marlins kind of has a ring to it.)

From what I hear,the Marlins will change to the Miami Marlins when the new stadium is built.

2qluyo7.png

Are there not enough orange-and-black teams in MLB?

Baltimore

San Francisco

It's not like the Marlins are going to red & navy ...

Which is actually how I interpreteed Hedley's post...as sarcasm about all those who complain about the red and navy... but maybe I was wrong.

It is a tongue-in-cheek quip. I'm tiring of teams dropping rarer colors in favor of reds and blues, most recently the Diamondbacks.

The Marlins should stick with the teal. It's unique.

Archived