Tampa Bay Lightning Concept...

ColeJ

coletampabayunis.png

not sure what background information i need to give on this one... i'm too tired to think, after working at the po-po house all night and then finishing up this concept this morning. :)

any and all comments are welcome, as always... more than welcome, actually. it's my entire purpose in posting uniform concepts.

I like them very much, but what about a black alternative jersey?

KaTo

seems like that would be out of place, considering there's no black in either the home or road jersey.

i could make it the darker blue, but then they'd have 2 almost identical jerseys...

Wow. I'm pretty impressed. Shows a lot more than your other concepts. Has a little bit of SD Chargers going on, but not in a "you ripped them off" way. Probably the first Lightning concept that I've seen incorporate the lightning bolt into the striping somehow that didn't look awkward and forced.

WOW! I really like these! Living in Tampa, I would love to see these on the ice at the St.Pete Times Forum. I also like the fact that you took the black OUT of the uni. Black seems to be EVERYWHERE these days. It is nice to see it gone, and the different tones of blue in it's place.

One suggestion...I would love to see an alternate logo on the third sweater. Either the Florida w/ lightning bolt across it, or something new.

AWESOME, I'd be proud to see the Lightning wear anything remotely similar to these. The double blue seems to work much better than black, and that silver alt is ideal too.

One suggestion...I would love to see an alternate logo on the third sweater. Either the Florida w/ lightning bolt across it, or something new.

Agreed, I think a new alt logo would be the best idea.

There's something that doesn't sit right with me about the lightning bolt on the sleeves. I'm not entirely sure how good it would look in action, with a player having his arms down by his sides. Also seems like a weird shape for a bolt ? perhaps if it were split into two bolts that meet up/touch under the sleeve number?

Otherwise, super stuff.

No victory stripes under the arms or lightning bolts on the pants? :cry: Gotta keep some of the traditions of the old uniforms.

But I like these alot. Great job incorporating the lightning bolts on the jersey. Only thing I'm not really a fan of is the crest. But that's not your fault. We just have a sucky collection of logos to choose from.

I like the colors too, but part of me wants us to keep a black uniform since we've always had one.

it killed me to leave the victory stripes off....

i'm wondering how the bolts plan to keep that tradition, without it looking very very awkward.

and bolts on the pants seemed overkill, with bolts on the arms.

that is really amazing, i would love to have one of the home/dark jerseys, i wish tampa would go to that simpler logo design, too. good job overall

Before the image even completely loaded, this went through my head and out of my mouth:

Best. Lightning concept. Ever. EVER.

I love it. I would seriously send that off to a custom jersey maker to have one made for myself.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

There's something that doesn't sit right with me about the lightning bolt on the sleeves.

The only thing that strikes me is that the curvature of the lightning bolts makes the sleeves look like eagles' wings. Almost like you were making a Rice hockey jersey. It may help to either straighten out the bolts, or shorten them, almost like a concave shoulder version of the SD Chargers' stripe.

I love the colors you used, especially on the alternate jersey.

What program do you use for your concepts? The quality's amazing, but it doesn't look like other Illustrator concepts.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

There's something that doesn't sit right with me about the lightning bolt on the sleeves.

The only thing that strikes me is that the curvature of the lightning bolts makes the sleeves look like eagles' wings. Almost like you were making a Rice hockey jersey. It may help to either straighten out the bolts, or shorten them, almost like a concave shoulder version of the SD Chargers' stripe.

I love the colors you used, especially on the alternate jersey.

What program do you use for your concepts? The quality's amazing, but it doesn't look like other Illustrator concepts.

i'm very honored by everyone's comments. seriously. i really do appreciate all the kind words.

and about the program i use, it's not one i'd recommend. i've been using it since i was kid, really. it came with my scanner, that came with my old computer that i got in like 1998.

it's called "micrografx picture publisher"... and it's not even a new version of that. it's basically ghetto-rigged photoshop. it doesn't really support layers, per se... and if i want transparency, i need to open a different program. i'm pretty good with photoshop and decent with illustrator... but my program of choice is simply the program that i've used for years.

Archived