Just a friendly game in Buffalo Tonight

jkrdevil

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love brawls lol

But seriously some of the other boards I've been on discussing this on you would think that Neil came over to Drury while he was on the bench and slashed him right across the face. Calling for Neil to be suspended etc. Ridiculous.

The hit was clean and late, maybe not "good sportsmanship" but this is why Neil fought the guy right after the hit. It really should've been done after that.

But Ruffy-boy had to send out the goons to attack Spezza and Heater....if any disciplinary action comes of this it'll be a fine to Ruff.

Oh I should mention that Ray Emery has now moved ahead of Ron "Tugger" Tugnutt as my favorite Senators goalie of all time. First Sens goalie to fight a non-goalie in franchise history :)

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Punk ass thugs with no respect for the game...plain and simple.

Well said... except for Emery, because he's just The Man. ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

But seriously some of the other boards I've been on discussing this on you would think that Neil came over to Drury while he was on the bench and slashed him right across the face.

It sounds like something Neil would do. What a tool, He's one of two players in the league I wouldn't mind seeing their career finished off.

1zqy8ok.gif

ESPN deserves some props for their coverage of the event on SportsCenter. I turned on the TV at 6:20 or so this morning, and they were doing a fairly extended breakdown of the incident. I know that one of the few ways to get hockey coverage on ESPN is to show fights, but they showed all of the different players, Barry Melrose explained why what happened happened, and they showed a bit of Lindy Ruff's press conference.

All told, it was a nice way to start the day.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Everyone loves Razor Ray. :D

Not everyone my friend.

He's a goon. His slash of St. Pierre did it for me.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

THe Sabres handled it the way it should have been handled. Cheap shot the captain, get it back likewise. Gotta love that Sabres camraderie - I can think of more than few NHL teams that wouldn't stick up for one of their own like that.

What cheap shot? He hit him, he went down, even the terribly homeriffic Sabres PBP team says "it looks like their heads collided"... no elbow, no jump, he had the puck when he went to hit him. Clean.

I really think Ruff needs to be suspended for this -- the NHL has stated they want to cut down on these retaliation things (remember the Bertuzzi thing?), by introducing suspensions with late game fights, and Ruff sends out the Sabres three big guys against Spezza, Heatley... If no punishment comes to Ruff then that is very hypocritical of the league (this league make a mistake? never!)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

THe Sabres handled it the way it should have been handled. Cheap shot the captain, get it back likewise. Gotta love that Sabres camraderie - I can think of more than few NHL teams that wouldn't stick up for one of their own like that.

What cheap shot? He hit him, he went down, even the terribly homeriffic Sabres PBP team says "it looks like their heads collided"... no elbow, no jump, he had the puck when he went to hit him. Clean.

I really think Ruff needs to be suspended for this -- the NHL has stated they want to cut down on these retaliation things (remember the Bertuzzi thing?), by introducing suspensions with late game fights, and Ruff sends out the Sabres three big guys against Spezza, Heatley... If no punishment comes to Ruff then that is very hypocritical of the league (this league make a mistake? never!)

Come one, this was good clean hockey. There was nothing underhanded or malicious like the Bertuzzi fiasco.

There was nothing underhanded or malicious

Re-examine the players that each team put out there for the next face off... watch what all the Sabres players do once the puck is dropped.

It is clear what Ruff had planned.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Re-examine the players that each team put out there for the next face off... watch what all the Sabres players do once the puck is dropped.

Plus, Ruff had the last change (home team). Murray did not have the option of taking Heatley & Spezza off.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Plus, Ruff had the last change (home team). Murray did not have the option of taking Heatley & Spezza off.

Murray should have used some common sense, too. He should have expected Buffalo to play at least one of their tough guys immediately after the Drury incident.

Neil's hit was unnecessary, and the way he uppercuts his shoulder to Drury's head makes me believe that Neil was attempting to injure Drury. Neil wasn't playing the puck, and he actually skated out of his direct path, darted to his right, and hit Drury.

Archived