Just a friendly game in Buffalo Tonight

jkrdevil

[quote name='CC97' date='Friday, February 23rd, 2007 - 13:20:32' post='704727'

the terribly homeriffic Sabres PBP team

The Sabres have one of the best play by play guys in the league in Rick Jeanneret. He has an incredible passion for the game and does get very excited for his team, but what play by play guy doesnt. He is very fair calling games. I have heard much worse homers than Jeanneret, that barely even make a noise when the other team scores, Jeanneret does his best to get excited for that.

Magic07.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was nothing underhanded or malicious

Re-examine the players that each team put out there for the next face off... watch what all the Sabres players do once the puck is dropped.

It is clear what Ruff had planned.

And the Sens are big boys. Muscle up or whine about it. Some of 'em did the former (Emery, gotta love that) and some did the latter (waah waah, coach).

That fight just had to ruin the game where Buffalo wore the throwbacks.

Ruin!?! This was my favorite hockey game of the season! If this happened more frequently, more people would buy tickets and watch on TV. I love hockey for the sport that it is, and I still will watch any game at anytime. However, situations like this add "flavor" to the game that just can't be ignored. The NHL needs to get itself more coverage on ESPN, and it needs to attract more casual fans. This is one way to do that. I know so many people who said they don't like hockey anymore because they just don't fight enough. I think this is a perfect example of why fighting should be brought back to the level of the mid-90's.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

There was nothing underhanded or malicious

Re-examine the players that each team put out there for the next face off... watch what all the Sabres players do once the puck is dropped.

It is clear what Ruff had planned.

And the Sens are big boys. Muscle up or whine about it. Some of 'em did the former (Emery, gotta love that) and some did the latter (waah waah, coach).

Your response had nothing to do with the point I was making... good jorb

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

This was easily the greatest game yet as a Sabres fan this season. Too bad the Buffchester Saberks have another injury with Dru possibly concussed...

The hit was unnecessary, dirty, and cheap, but it wasn't deserving of a penalty. The Sens fans are talking like the hit littlest thing in the word. The Sabres fans are saying that its huge. Its in between. Murray kept saying it was 100% legal and there was nothing wrong with it and that Neil wasn't targeting Drury like it looks like. Lindy Ruff's emotions got the better of him when putting out our tough guys, and he admitted it. NEITHER TEAM WAS AN GROUP OF ANGELS LAST NIGHT.

Lesson to remember...

Don't challenge goalies who are fans of Mike Tyson.

Ray Emery isn't your normal goalie, by any stretch. In an interview, he gleefully admitted to practicing boxing for this very reason, in addition to sneaking into the locker room early and changing the CDs to Rap, the one genre of music the team agrees they don't like, as well as turning up the volume all the way.

Everyone loves Razor Ray. :D

I now have a new favorite hockey player.

Ruin!?! This was my favorite hockey game of the season! If this happened more frequently, more people would buy tickets and watch on TV. I love hockey for the sport that it is, and I still will watch any game at anytime. However, situations like this add "flavor" to the game that just can't be ignored. The NHL needs to get itself more coverage on ESPN, and it needs to attract more casual fans. This is one way to do that. I know so many people who said they don't like hockey anymore because they just don't fight enough. I think this is a perfect example of why fighting should be brought back to the level of the mid-90's.

Yeah, but come on. Do you really want every game to have a bench-clearing brawl? I guess it was 'entertaining' but get serious. I don't mind a scrap here and there. Some fights are warranted, I get it. But maybe I'm one of those 'sissies' that would much rather see a beautiful one-timer, a great give-and-go etc. etc... FINESSE hockey, than a throwback to the over-gooned idiot hockey of fifteen years ago. No wonder the UFC is so popular. No rules, no sport, no honor...just a lot of blood and fans clapping like seals. If people are turning away from the NHL because it's not violent enough, they're not fans in the first place. I say good riddance.

newsig.jpg

you cant call emer gay "rayzor" thats rob rays monicker, and i know for damn sure who would win that fight.

That's why they call him "Razor," proper punctuation, capitalization, and spelling and all... :rolleyes:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Ruin!?! This was my favorite hockey game of the season! If this happened more frequently, more people would buy tickets and watch on TV.

That's not exactly a good thing. Although good for the league - true hockey fans like myself would just be constantly annoyed by the idiotic casual fans who know nothing about the sport and just watch for the fights. And although the league would grab more casual Wrestlemania run-over fans, the league would probably be taken even LESS seriously by the media. When the NHL's interest and popularity was growing in the late 80's/early 90's they were complimented on by the media because of the decreased amount of fighting that made hockey actually look like a true sport instead of just some gimmick filled fights-on-ice like it was in the 70's and early 80's.

I hate when I go to games and the people around me only stand up and cheer when there's a fight. The home team scores a goal and they could care less, they just want to watch people beat the crap out of eachother. All I can think of is "Why the hell would you go to a hockey game then? Watch boxing or UFC or something. Hockey is a real sport."

I have nothing against fighting and it's a great way of exemplifying the emotion and passion of hockey - it's just the people that think "fighting is part of the game" that annoy me. Fighting occurs AFTER the whistle, when the HOCKEY ends, and is therefore no part of the game of hockey. Some of the best hockey the league has ever seen has been played these last couple of years. Those who are disinterested with the "New NHL" were obviously never true fans of the actual SPORT of hockey.

It is part of the game. Even though it happens after the whistle, it is an aspect of the game of hockey, and one that must be considered by players during the game.

But maybe I'm one of those 'sissies' that would much rather see a beautiful one-timer, a great give-and-go etc. etc... FINESSE hockey, than a throwback to the over-gooned idiot hockey of fifteen years ago.

You can have both, you know. It's just that every now and then you need a bench-clearer to shake things up. And we can't have too much emphasis on "finesse," or else hockey gets soccerfied. Basketball has been soccerfied. Who saw THAT coming? "Oh no, my head, you hurt it, so bad." ugh. Thanks, Ginobili.

I hate when I go to games and the people around me only stand up and cheer when there's a fight. The home team scores a goal and they could care less, they just want to watch people beat the crap out of eachother. All I can think of is "Why the hell would you go to a hockey game then? Watch boxing or UFC or something. Hockey is a real sport."

You're going to hate me for saying this (maybe?) but the only time I ever experienced this was when i went to two NHL games in Sunrise, FL... all (and I mean all) the fans sitting around me would be chanting for a fight, would boo when after a semi-large hit the players didn't fight, etc, etc... eventually there was a fight one game and it didn't last long they all booed.

It was weird.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well Buffalo-Ottawa are playing another nice friendly game tonight. 11:21 to go in the second and already 2 fight probably more to come with Ottawa up 4-1. It's on CBC in Canada, MSG in Buffalo, Center Ice every where else, and Sopcast on the internet.

Sens win 6-5.

Buffalo outplayed them in the 3rd, its just that Miller had a bad bounce off the boards that gave Spezza an empty net. I'm amazed that Ottawa allowed us to catch up like we did. We have 7 guys hurt. We aren't supposed to loose games 6-5. On paper, we lost 6-0.

Sens win 6-5.

Buffalo outplayed them in the 3rd, its just that Miller had a bad bounce off the boards that gave Spezza an empty net. I'm amazed that Ottawa allowed us to catch up like we did. We have 7 guys hurt. We aren't supposed to loose games 6-5. On paper, we lost 6-0.

I understand what your saying but really big hoot if you got guys hurt, everyone does it's part of the game, you should never loss or not be competitve in a game because of injuries players need to step up and luckily for u guys are stepping up.

untitled-6.jpg

Sens win 6-5.

That's because Ottawa was stupid and kept starting fights with Buffalo (at least judging from the clips on ESPN). I thought the theory was that if you're winning big you aren't supposed to start fights because it might energize the other team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived