Brewers expanding Retro Friday uniforms

Gothamite

I considered posting this on the Spring Training thread, but it might be too off-topic.

The Brewers seem to be expanding their Friday on-field retro gear. Good thing, too - nothing I hate more than a throwback uniform topped off by a modern helmet or jacket. If you're going to do it, go all the way.

They now have warm-up fleeces and jackets in the classic colors and logo:

pMLB2-3131631dt.jpg

cb43_1.JPG

I don't think they wore either of these last year - they certainly didn't sell them last year.

Combine them with the throwback BP jerseys that they wore last year, and we're nearing a complete set for the Friday games.

11_1.JPG

The only thing we haven't seen is a Friday BP cap. Of course - the one thing I would actually buy if they offered it....

I have long thought that the new owner was testing the waters before committing to a full uniform change, based on comments he made when he took over. If that's true, this could well be a step in that direction.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that old Brewers gear.

What a cool team the Brewers were in 1982. I'm looking over the roster from that year and its just littered with cool baseball players from that era.

I miss Milwaukee in the AL. I miss the old AL East with Detroit included as well. Hell, I miss the two division alignment.

I think I just miss baseball in the 80's, when an era of 5.00 was considered *TERRIBLE* and not "well maybe you can make the club", and 35 homeruns was a marquee stat.

If anyone is thinking of getting one of these fleeces...I strongly recommend it. They are so comfortable and warm. We ordered them with my adult baseball team's logo on them and they are the exact same things as these. My favorite article of clothing right now.

I love that old Brewers gear.

What a cool team the Brewers were in 1982. I'm looking over the roster from that year and its just littered with cool baseball players from that era.

I miss Milwaukee in the AL. I miss the old AL East with Detroit included as well. Hell, I miss the two division alignment.

I think I just miss baseball in the 80's, when an era of 5.00 was considered *TERRIBLE* and not "well maybe you can make the club", and 35 homeruns was a marquee stat.

Welcome to Bud Selig's Major League Baseball. <_<

1997 | 2003

Well, statistically speaking somebody's got to prefer the new stuff. Gods know the rest of us Brewer fans don't. :P

Wow, I wonder what the Yankees are going to do for their throwback fleeces.

:D

65655201_z.jpg

Looks more like a fashion variant than a throwback. The Yankees' Cooperstown Collection stuff tends to have the 1930s version of their cap logo:

P0035117.jpg

Well, statistically speaking somebody's got to prefer the new stuff. Gods know the rest of us Brewer fans don't. :P

Wow, I wonder what the Yankees are going to do for their throwback fleeces.

:D

65655201_z.jpg

Looks more like a fashion variant than a throwback. The Yankees' Cooperstown Collection stuff tends to have the 1930s version of their cap logo:

P0035117.jpg

I just saw that hat on eBay the other night. The starting bid: $30 bucks.

I love that Astros one. When I think Astros, thats the logo I think of. The Brewers gear looks sweet. I love that Milwaukee script.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived